Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Don Dixon

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2007   #16
I like the addition to the sign, and the idea about the sharks in the bg. I feel like the sharks arent quite working yet in the composition.I think right now they are competing with the sign to me. maybe the sign could be in front... so the sharks on his trail are more dominant. They could be off in the distance kicking up dust like a posse of desperados. That my 2cents man! Keep it going man.

Old 07 July 2007   #17
Yeah dude. This is really turning out to be hilarious. Great characters. Push the worm look so everyone gets the relationship of the fisher's worm to a fish....right now it looks like a parasite hanging for a ride (which could be pretty funny too)

So you're not doing this in 3D eh?

CGNUGGETS - character process training
[/color]

Old 07 July 2007   #18
Thanks fellas, I agree the sign is distracting now, id like to keep the sharks instead so I will see what I can do about it, also I did very crude 3d models just to get a base down that I painted over for this, but jesse's challenging me to try and model it, LOL I still dont know.

Thanks for the great feedback!

D.

Old 07 July 2007   #19
Hey Don, this should be cool. You can really go off with the expressions. I really like the worm's expression, the fish could use some more excitement, and maybe a saddle? Good stuff!

-Brian

Old 07 July 2007   #20
Line Art or Model: Best Friends

More exploring of composition.

Old 07 July 2007   #21
Thanks Brian! I like the saddle idea! And I will see what I can do to push the fish expression. For now, I must sleep!

D.

Old 07 July 2007   #22
I adored the colors, and I adored the expression of the personages… seem same to be great friends… for more strange than it can seem… I go to follow the project, is very good, congratulations!
Jujuba

Old 07 July 2007   #23
Talking

Jujuba

Thanks so much for your comment! And yes these guys are the best of friends, by nature they should be brutal enemies like cat and mouse, but instead they are freinds on a quest for the golden sea horse, a master of the ways of the wild sea, when they meet him they will learn the key to unlocking the gateway to the underwater town of gold and sea dreams, where they will live fruitful lives as adventures of the deep blue sea. OK I just made all that up but sounds pretty good right?

Anyway I am still going to try and model this painting in 3d for my final, but just in case I don't make it, at least I will have a finished illustration for the competition.

Old 07 July 2007   #24
Line Art or Model: Best Freinds

So I am pushing forward and going to try to model my scence and possibly use the illustration I already have as the inspirational work for the final, No matter what I still plan on taking my 3d render into photoshop to try and push the image further. For now here is the begining of my fish model, I am not a strong modeller my thing is animation and illustration, but we will see how it goes! :)

Old 07 July 2007   #25
Thumbs up

It's a good model! much better than the first, but let me say, i would have loved to see it 2D, so don't forget your Photoshop to achieve that moody look of your sketch!

Have fun!

Your avatar scares me.....

Last edited by SteevieWoo : 07 July 2007 at 05:34 AM.

Old 07 July 2007   #26
this is really moving along - good work!

Gord

My Anatomy Thread

My Website

Good Facial Expressions Resource:

http://www.artnatomia.net/uk/artnatomy.html

Old 07 July 2007   #27
Talking

hehehehehe cool smile mate! very eye catching! like ur concept as well especially wen its involving best buddies of the opposite kind!

Old 07 July 2007   #28
Line Art or Model: Best Freinds

Just pushing the model a bit more, I want to begin on the worm next week so I hope to get this guy looking tight before then. The design is a little differnt then what was in my initial illustration, but I wanted to try and go in a diffrent direction with it anyway.

Old 07 July 2007   #29
cowboy becomes fishboy hee haw.Thats a cool idea.will follow ur thread .Best of luck

Old 07 July 2007   #30
Originally Posted by SteevieWoo: It's a good model! much better than the first, but let me say, i would have loved to see it 2D, so don't forget your Photoshop to achieve that moody look of your sketch!

Have fun!

Your avatar scares me.....

LOL sorry about the avatar! And yea no matter what I end up with 3d I still plan on goin into photoshop to push it further, I basically am going this route because i have time and Figure I need to practice on my modeling skills anyway, its fun. Hope u LIke the newer fish design!

Thanks to everyone for the great feedback and comments!

D.

Thread Closed share thread