Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Reb Capper

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2007   #1
Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Reb Capper

Reb Capper is entered in the "Strange Behavior Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Early Learning, Late Evening

www.rebcapper.com

Old 07 July 2007   #2
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Concept Thumbnails

So I had a quick think at lunchtime today and this is what I have so far.

My favourite at the moment is the fancy dress shop for monsters with the big human suit in the window. Ultimately though I'd rather be working on a more epic environment piece as I've done a lot of character pieces recently. So the brain blasting continues. I'm sure my eventual design will look a lot different to these thumbs but hey ho. Its good to practise doing speedy thumbs.

Any comments welcome - or if you want to vote on your favourite so far! Thanks,

Q

www.rebcapper.com

Old 07 July 2007   #3
Lovely twists....i like them all, but the "Human-o-gram" for the Gorillas was the one that stood out.

They are all clever......good luck.

Paul

Old 07 July 2007   #4
very nice ideas each one could be developed

Old 07 July 2007   #5
Great concepts! The ink refill squid is easily my fave! Can't wait to see more of your ideas.

Old 07 July 2007   #6
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Concept Thumbs - tweak

Made a couple of additions to these thumbs, but have started on some more thumbs today as I'm still not convinced by any of these. Hope to get some more ideas up later today if I get a chance!

www.rebcapper.com

Old 07 July 2007   #7
the lower left one is my fav so far... i like the other ideas too but that one is really good...

My online portfolio

Old 07 July 2007   #8
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Peg Mischief

Another quickish concept. I didn't like any of the others so I'm just uploading this one.
Here the tooth fairy has gone a bit bonkers and is leaving all her wealth to this one lucky boys pillow. I did think about her depositing a wheelbarrow of dung instead, but I'm not sure she's evil, just bonkers. The helpful elves are exhibiting strange behaviour of their own. From having a crafty fag (I guess it's the pressure of the recent ban - hurray!)to tickling and napping. I could always make it more outrageous and have them doing lines of coke on the pillow... However I think I'm gonna continue on the brainstorm. Want to find something that I will really enjoy painting as well as fitting the subject theme like a glove.

Like a glove.

www.rebcapper.com

Last edited by RebCapper : 07 July 2007 at 04:43 PM.

Old 07 July 2007   #9
Hello.
your last update so kewl. I love this cute vermin. also you show great atmosphere!
Good Luck )

Old 07 July 2007   #10
Hi Reb, I really like this last concept with the tooth fairy... the lightning mood already is promising and the concept full of possibilities. How about adding some drunken strange behaving elves. Something like oups there is a boy with a tooth job but instead of doing their job right they are having a big party

Old 07 July 2007   #11
where's that piece of string for my tooth?

Oh awesome! I just love your tooth fairy idea! great colors, layout, style, idea! Weee! Will stay tuned! looks fun!

Old 07 July 2007   #12
this sounds nice... i love the sketch...

My online portfolio

Old 07 July 2007   #13
beautiful concept on the latest oneskeep it coming,i'm looking foward to more updates

Old 07 July 2007   #14
Cheers for the encouragement guys.
Theuni - Yeah I had loads of ideas for putting naughty elf behaviour into the pic - empty beer bottles, playing cards / gambling and so on, but I am still having other ideas so was keen to get on to the next one! Seems a shame to leave it now so I might finish it anyway.
I had another idea last night though - I'll try and post a sketch later to gauge feeling towards the new one. I think I prefer it but we shall see...

Tally ho!
Q

www.rebcapper.com

Old 07 July 2007   #15
really glad i found this one. sweet comp but i cant really make out details. but i guess that will have to wait for later.

Thread Closed share thread