CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > Strange Behaviour (Illustration)
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 07-16-2007, 09:49 AM   #46
CyborgJA
Lady of the posts

portfolio
Serena De Biasi
UX Designer & DARTD
www.filmaregroup.com
Milano, Italy

Send a message via ICQ to CyborgJA
Uhm, please, try to describe with words what you've got in your mind for Skullina.
Maybe in this way we will be able to give you a better advice ^_^

Good work man !

Old 07-17-2007, 12:44 AM   #47
AxelAlonso
never muggle

portfolio
Axel Alonso
Art Director,Concept Artist, illustrator
ERA MAGH
Queretaro, Mexico

Alexandra-I am so glad you thought she was cute, since part of my dilemma was that…and I will definitely keep that flower, I was only a bit unsure of witch one you liked more if the one attached to her bandana, or the one printed in her head?. Thanks to stopping by …and replaying so fast hehe!

George- Thank for the suggestion of the clouds, I must surely add some, since I need more space and illusion of the best weather possible to make a clearer statement of the strange behavior in these dark creatures. And they do seem a bit crowded but hopefully with some more experiments with all of them I will made the right composition and scale, I will be more than happy to hear anything you suggest, Thanks again George.

Serena- a very important thing you suggest, that I completely overlooked Thanks!...for “Skullina” since she will be riding her pal the were wolf, I was expecting to make a good strange personality that will demonstrate she’s a kid able to look like the kid and her dog hanging out in the beach….doing some cool stuffs off curse she would be the kind of girl, whose not at all scared of anything , since she got a were wolf as best friend, and she will be doing with him some cool extreme sport…maybe she even might found this boring! I mean she’s a skeleton what else could happen to her..

Old 07-17-2007, 03:17 AM   #48
Rianti-Wong
Veteran
portfolio
Rianti Hidayat
Communication Visual Design, Graphic Major
Bandung Institute Of technology
Indonesia

Send a message via Yahoo to Rianti-Wong
Of all the idea, i like the cat and monster most. That idea is kind of funny!

Good luck with that,

Rianti

__________________________________________________ __________

My CGChallenge Strange Behavior Entry

Old 07-17-2007, 07:24 PM   #49
AxelAlonso
never muggle

portfolio
Axel Alonso
ERA MAGH
Queretaro, Mexico

Smile

Rianti-Thanks for dropping by the thread, I am very pleased that you like the monster and the cat, they will be part must definitely from the main composition, hope you like to check the updates soon !take here and have fun!

Old 07-18-2007, 08:28 AM   #50
thepineman
tracks90

portfolio
Manny Pineda
Visualizer
Amodoria
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

it looks like theres a party going on in the beach. if you animated this with all kinds of animals dancing that, will be very funny. add more animals if space allows it, this will be fun to see.

Hollow Earth

If you can follow the Lochness Monster with a submersible, it can lead you to a doorway to the Hollow Earth.

Old 07-19-2007, 11:37 AM   #51
CyborgJA
Lady of the posts

portfolio
Serena De Biasi
UX Designer & DARTD
www.filmaregroup.com
Milano, Italy

Send a message via ICQ to CyborgJA
Mm so the Skullina's keywords are : decision, strong, extreme, no fear. Isn't it?

In this case I think that the description you gave us with the sketches is more like a "sweet, fashion little skeleton". If you notice you described her with stars, perfect hairs, ribbons..like a fashion-system addicted.

Old 07-21-2007, 06:27 PM   #52
SteevieWoo
***Clean keyboard, SOON!

portfolio
Gabriel Vera
Illustrator
imanimastudio.com
Mexico City, Mexico

Send a message via Yahoo to SteevieWoo

Hey i missed skullina, when did you post her?! but she looks real good, so proud of her waspy waist, (it shouldn't be any other way, so clever) but, no hair? aww c'mon! maybe some piggy tails, i don't know.....

Old 07-21-2007, 06:39 PM   #53
polygonwarrior
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Rishikesh Nandlaskar
3D ARTIST
Rhythm and Hues
Mumbai, India

Send a message via Yahoo to polygonwarrior
hey you have come with a funnier idea.but need to see abetter composition/layout.

Old 07-21-2007, 08:44 PM   #54
AxelAlonso
never muggle

portfolio
Axel Alonso
ERA MAGH
Queretaro, Mexico

Talking

Thanks so much guys ! for all the support all your suggestions are in mental notes!

sorry I haven’t post anything but Mr. Potter have stopped all my concentration! haha but I almost finish the book...I will post something this weekend it will be a lot ! Like 10 sketches, haha...but that's what I get for adding so many characters! Its like a big casting here, everybody want to be part of the Monster’s Holiday ….

Manny-I bet animated will be so fun, maybe I will some day on 2d with some cg environments, but I need more time for that!... And I was thinking on adding some animals, as well but I was afraid of make it to populated lol. But no problem with that, just my composition might change of scale, hahaha I was thinking on adding a large whale bullying some sharks out of the water…and some bats painting them selves as seagulls leaving drops of paint in their path ?

Serena- you are right She does seem more fashion than extreme sport girl! I just want that darn flower in her head hahaha…but I have a new version of her, and you let me know what you think! I will post her this weekend.Thank You so much for keep an eye maybe 2 on her!

Gabriel- Good to see you again, I post her as non official, maybe that’s why you missed her, but I want those piggy tails too ! But a dark friend of mine told me to get over it , and that skulls cant have hair so she made me change her hahahaha…but some resent corpses might still have some right? so I will follow your advice…Thanks!

Rishikesh-I am glad to see you here, I know, my composition, have no layout what so ever, but I haven’t decide quiet right all the characters yet, so that’s why its been difficult to made the right choice, hope to hear your opinion on the final steps of the characters compositions….

Last edited by AxelAlonso : 07-21-2007 at 09:13 PM.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:13 AM   #55
AxelAlonso
never muggle

portfolio
Axel Alonso
ERA MAGH
Queretaro, Mexico

Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: tileofMonsters

Ok this are all my characters that will take place at the Monster's holiday enjoying the lovely sun ! hope you like them and glad to hear any thoughts....

Old 07-23-2007, 06:56 PM   #56
AxelAlonso
never muggle

portfolio
Axel Alonso
ERA MAGH
Queretaro, Mexico

Line Art or Model: vampire-servants

all right 1sth line art of my vampire with his reflector ( thanks for the great idea Chris) he will be flashing the horns, to team of the werewolf, then he got a date and cupid will be as always making it worst! to the FBride whom in anger will be serving him some holy water so Mr.Vamp can refresh himself...she is also an icon for all those plastic surgery woman in the beach, I mean she start it the whole trend lol!

Old 07-23-2007, 08:10 PM   #57
AxelAlonso
never muggle

portfolio
Axel Alonso
ERA MAGH
Queretaro, Mexico

Line Art or Model: Para sailing with your pals

well instead of giving them some boring para sailing activity...I thought why not use that big octopus, he might not enjoy it, but will be fun to ! and then the trio its complete! hope you like them I am still not so happy with their expressions I will made more studies since "Skullina" will be pretending to have fun when shes not, its boring, "Wolfred" will be having a blast, and "octavio" will be in horror...

Old 07-23-2007, 08:19 PM   #58
AxelAlonso
never muggle

portfolio
Axel Alonso
ERA MAGH
Queretaro, Mexico

Line Art or Model: Monster and kitty

Alright! this is one of the favorite characters I think...and I made him more scare of the water, while his kitty pet its anything but that! I get a little bit inspired of the lifesaver of one that I reember seeing in a pool when was little.it was some kind a "flamingo" weird!

Old 07-23-2007, 08:26 PM   #59
AxelAlonso
never muggle

portfolio
Axel Alonso
ERA MAGH
Queretaro, Mexico

Red face

Well my other characters will be the abominagle snow man, or "Yeti" bulilding a sand iglu to his little puddle whom loves going fishing piranas...

Old 07-23-2007, 08:30 PM   #60
AxelAlonso
never muggle

portfolio
Axel Alonso
ERA MAGH
Queretaro, Mexico

Question

Here it is, The Surfer Babe Witch “Wika” ! with a very stylish piece of coffin board...design might be to much but it wont hurt show some of my ideas on it!

Thread Closed share thread