CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > Strange Behaviour (Illustration)
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 07-10-2007, 01:01 AM   #31
AxelAlonso
never muggle

portfolio
Axel Alonso
Art Director,Concept Artist, illustrator
ERA MAGH
Queretaro, Mexico

Talking

Hey Tom,
I am so glad to see you here my friend, its great you are visiting the old friends haha..I was intrigued about your thoughts on the relationship of the werewolf and the skeleton girls, so I guess as long its strange its ok for me!...and yes, you know me Dark its par of me..haha…

Chris- great to see you here more often I am always happy to hear all your feed back its great! So taking your suggestion this next post its all about the hole concept, I am sure its going to be a lame try, but once we all see it, the better understanding will came out of it!

So please let me know what you think? and Iam sorry about been out side the aquarium! It’s like you are inside of the water tank instead of a fish in those jobs.

Gabriel- Thanks a lot for taking a look , for the “paisanos” hahaha…About yur suggestion; I also like more the hot witch and the pin up idea…so I will have her as a surfer with a sarcophagus lid shape board…and I will take your great suggestion in the body type and the face as well…lets se if it works

Last edited by AxelAlonso : 07-10-2007 at 01:11 AM.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:08 AM   #32
AxelAlonso
never muggle

portfolio
Axel Alonso
ERA MAGH
Queretaro, Mexico

Question e hole idea at last..

Hi my fellow artists!! a very sketchy idea...but hope it will give my idea through, please let me know what you think?...and the characters behaviors as well if you feel I should push more the strange value? Thanks everybody for taking some time in advance

Old 07-10-2007, 01:28 AM   #33
cbernardo

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Carlos Bernardo Jr
Free-lancer
Sao Paulo, Brazil

Send a message via ICQ to cbernardo Send a message via AIM to cbernardo Send a message via MSN to cbernardo Send a message via Yahoo to cbernardo
LOL! I like it! Specially the witch with the coffin running to surf! Very cool scene!

Cheers,
Carlos

Old 07-10-2007, 01:35 AM   #34
AxelAlonso
never muggle

portfolio
Axel Alonso
ERA MAGH
Queretaro, Mexico

Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: sketchy summer for the monsters

ok the ofiscial entry ..he he tell also if you see the game going on in the back its called "bollyHead" ..

Old 07-10-2007, 04:15 AM   #35
chrisbeaver
Art Monkey

portfolio
Chris Beaver
Denver, USA

Groovy You whipped this out fast; I wasn't expecting color and everything. I like the idea of the witch surfing on a coffin lid

A few suggestions --

) You could have the vampire holding in his lap one of those foil-covered reflectors that tan-enthusiasts use to toast themselves. That would elevate the vampire from just being out in the sun to actively absorbing it, making it that much weirder.

) Have the Girl From The Black Lagoon's eyes wiiiide open and locked on the waves, to connect her emotional response to the water rather than the kitten. Conversely, have the kitten wide-eyed with excitement and absolutely pouncing the wave.

) A small detail, the werewolf's finger forms a tangent with the octopus in the background. That's an easy fix; just nudge either one a little bit to either side.

) I'm noticing that both the vampire and the werewolf flashing 'the horns'. You could turn the vampire's attention, having him flashin' it back to the werewolf rather than the camera to relate the two, and in so doing, you'll have the vampire leading you into the image rather than being a dead end for the eye-path.

) The liquid in the vampire's margerita needs to be level to the horizon line. Gravity and all that.

That's all I've got for now Take care!
HMC #14: EX-TER-MI-NATE!
FXWARS #20: Daleks In Charlotte

Last edited by chrisbeaver : 07-10-2007 at 04:17 AM.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:54 PM   #36
kingjai
Veteran

portfolio
King Chan
2d/3d Artist, Designer, Animator
Koolhaus Games
Vancouver, Canada

hey man,
Your image is turning into a ball of fun, I like looking through it and just figuring out and realizing what they're all about. Though I'm not really sure how all these things are fitting together though, have you seen an old painting called 'garden of delights'?

http://www.boschuniverse.org/hiswor...ights/large.jpg

haha maybe you could push this that much further? Just a thought.. haha it's a fun painting

Old 07-11-2007, 07:53 PM   #37
AxelAlonso
never muggle

portfolio
Axel Alonso
ERA MAGH
Queretaro, Mexico

Smile

Carlos- Thanks so much, I was worry about the witch not been able to deliver the strange factor in my idea, since I really was hopeing to add her. I will post some other sketches and hope you can tell me what you rather must...thanks man!

Chris-Everything you said I am working on that I agree, and LOVE the idea for the vampire; I am so toasting that guy! About the flashing horns, excellent suggestion for composition, I will make sure that there’s no dead end in the composition....
I will post sketches of every character since having them all in detail in one big one will be difficult to judge, so more than welcome anything you can suggest.
Thank so much for the support once again!

King- Very nice reference painting!! Thanks! I was looking at it for more than an hour! I was so thrill wit it. And I will probably not go as far (but I wish, though) because my computer it’s going to burn...haha, and I am up to have fun here, haha

And Hope your are enjoyng the sunny weather!

Old 07-12-2007, 04:03 PM   #38
CyborgJA
Lady of the posts

portfolio
Serena De Biasi
UX Designer & DARTD
www.filmaregroup.com
Milano, Italy

Send a message via ICQ to CyborgJA
Great to see the whole concept! I love the sensationof depth, can't wait to see how you'll develop it. At the moment I suggest only to add soft clouds here and there right to break the azure of the sky

Old 07-12-2007, 04:29 PM   #39
TheBloodyAlien
Custom User Title

portfolio
Agostino Priarolo
graphic designer
gov
Venice, Italy

Hi axel! I didn't check this thread too! Lol, believe me, I didn't copy the idea of the beach...

Keep it up, funny ideas so far...I'm going back to my work I'll check you back later...

Old 07-12-2007, 06:26 PM   #40
Kei-Acedera
Know-it-All

portfolio
Kei Acedera
Concept Artist
Imaginism Studios
toronto, Canada

Hehehe this is gonna be really cute Axel! I love the grey bigfoot? building the sand castle..

Old 07-13-2007, 07:40 PM   #41
UldFerr
Frequenter

portfolio
Uldison Ferreira
USA

Very cool Axel!!!
I would love to see the main character interacting with some other caracter in the painting.

Old 07-15-2007, 05:44 AM   #42
AxelAlonso
never muggle

portfolio
Axel Alonso
ERA MAGH
Queretaro, Mexico

Talking

Thanks everybody for the great feedback, its helps me so much to understand better…

Serena- Thanks so much for the great suggestion, since I will add some clouds here and there and maybe to made things more clear of my madness a rainbow?….let’s see haha!

Agostino-It’s great to see you here, and I love the idea that more people like monsters like me …so don’t worry about that, if anything I am glad that I am not the only one…so let’s show them some fun in a peculiar “monsterific” way , hope to hear more from you!

Kei- wow! your awesome! Haha you add, inspiration to the thread to entreating better!...About the “big foot\yeti” thanks I am glad you like it. But I was thinking in giving him the more cold creature factor so maybe instead of the sand shape, an Igloo of sand, and something else with him, hmmm lets se if in the next sketch you like that idea?

And hope you still thinks is cute and fun … I like doing that with monsters haha..

Uldison- hey great to hear more from you! I am glad you like the idea so far, it’s for now, unpolished, but I will keep working on that. About your great suggestion, I will add more inter action between the characters and I think I will give also an assistant to Mr. Vampire to help him refresh…lest see if you like the idea in the next sketches?

Old 07-15-2007, 05:53 AM   #43
AxelAlonso
never muggle

portfolio
Axel Alonso
ERA MAGH
Queretaro, Mexico

Question

All right! This is the 1sth sketch of study to my skeleton girl “Skullina” coz I am still iffy in were direction to go? The others are more consistent to what I was planning but this little girl its not strange enough for me still, I will also enchase more my Mexican culture, Back Ground, so I will give her some decoration on her skull like we do in the our death skeleton art..haha so please comments.... it’s the best way for me to understand if you like it or not ?

THANK YOU…..

Old 07-15-2007, 07:16 AM   #44
musi
Don't panic...

portfolio
Alexandra (Sasha) Ciolac
Rigger / 3D Generalist
Ghost
Rodovre, DK

Heeey, she is so nice! I love her lashes and that little flower on the head! Nice sketch and character research...
And sunbathing vampire is one of my favorites

Good work! Keep going, Axel!

Steampunk (Video)
Musi panels: A, B, C

Old 07-16-2007, 08:30 AM   #45
icedeyes
Be prepared...

portfolio
George Kyparissous
VFX Artist
TD Generalist
London, United Kingdom

Send a message via MSN to icedeyes Send a message via Yahoo to icedeyes
Hey Axel... Skullina looks great right now.. the concept also looks very good but maybe a little crowded imho... i could work great though... adding clouds etc would be my suggestion too... keep it up

My online portfolio

Thread Closed share thread