Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Ramón Acedo

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2007
going for the bunny as your final? t'was a great choice from the start cant wait to see more.

07 July 2007
That's looking nice, Ramixton. The larger window is woming much better for you, methinks. THe composition around the table feels like it's getting a bit crowded. I thought your ealier version felt a bit cleaner and easier to read... Looking back at it, I see that there were still a lot of folks in it, maybe it's just that many of them in the foreground are in shadows, as you would no doubt do here as well. But just a thought. Pulling out some figures might make for overall stronger silhouettes. Anyhow, looking nice... have fun!

07 July 2007
Haha, awesome concept man! I think however you could try some various alternative settings - I mean the planet/outer space setting as seen in the window just feels a bit off, maybe you could try something to enhance the mood/setting of thoose inside playing poker.

Anyway, can't wait until you start slapping color on this - I'll be back for sure!

07 July 2007
Try expanding the canvas on one side. I want to see what it looks like. I like how you've set the composition up. Just need to tighten it a more, you're set for going into color. Nice clean line work.

07 July 2007
I really like the crowded feel. It's reminiscent of the old style saloon poker games where the action is heavy. I also like the space theme.

To me it's more than just a good concept, it's got great feeling and energy which is harder to pull off.

07 July 2007
Line Art or Model: poker game

Hi, first, thanks to all for your feedback. This is more or less the final composition. I'm not happy at all with the guys on the right but I will define them along the painting process. In fact this should be the point where I start to add colour.

Walrus: you are completely right, the image was a bit crowded and needed to be free of distracting elements, I have deleted some characters and pushed other to the borders of the image to make somehow a dark frame around the focal point. It should work. Nevertheless there's nothing final yet. My works usually change a lot along the process.

Ok, thank you guys, please tell me what you think about it.

07 July 2007
Maybe a little to much, but you could try and make the reflection come from the waiter-robot standing behind him. Or make the waiter hold the tray such way, the villans can see the reflection of the aces..

Anyway, very nice idea still! Keep it up!

CHARACTER DESIGN

07 July 2007
One thing I notice is the middle of the table is empty. What is the wager on the table? might be an opportunity to make this even stranger

07 July 2007
Of course Lindsey, I still have to learn to play poker.

07 July 2007
Thumbs up

LOL I love it! I agree that maybe they ar eplaying for kittens or something too cute for words. Or something just gross - like liver and onions.

Bravo!

07 July 2007
this is going along nicely Ramon! I can see some very interesting characters!

07 July 2007
Well, I suppose I could just put a bunch of carrots in the middle of the table...

07 July 2007
Your scene is exellent ! I wait to see the way you will add details to background and all the little funny details of each characters. It will be a big work for sure and long time to paint. Good luck !

07 July 2007
Line Art or Model: Jimbo

Ok, let's rock.

Jimbo is here, well, at least is beginning to be. Where could I have started if not him?. I've been out a couple of days but I'm starting now to add value and colours. I know it's not saturated enough, There's a long road ahead...
I'm not sure about the tie, tell me what you think guys.

07 July 2007
very nice humerous drawing - keep up the good work!

Gord

My Anatomy Thread

My Website

Good Facial Expressions Resource:

http://www.artnatomia.net/uk/artnatomy.html

Thread Closed share thread