Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Ramón Acedo

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2007
Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Ramón Acedo

Ramón Acedo is entered in the "Strange Behavior Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Not another winning hand...

06 June 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: First sketches

Hi everybody, I'm here too.

It's good to see so many talented people around. I hope to be able to finish this one. Well, four whole months is enough, maybe...

Ok, this is one of my very first sketches, the story behind is a bit complicated. Imagine we are in a sort of galactic tavern lie the one in Star Wars. We have a Poker game, a whole bunch of the worst, deadliest and freakiest scum of the galaxy is playing and outrageously losing in front of a kind of "space supernerd", for example Jimbo the bunny or something like that. Jimbo is stupid enough to cheat on this people. The moment I want to depict is that special moment when Jimbo has just won another round and everybody can see on the back window's reflection Jimbo holding two aces behind his ears. That moment when everybody is starting to get up reaching for their guns, that very moment when there's always someone that drops a glass and Hell starts over. I wouldn't want to be on Jimbo's skin...

Well, I know it is a rather difficult task, but there's time... I'll be doing sketches of dangerous looking and freaky guys to put in the image these days and ask for your opinion.

Hope you like it, and good luck to all.

06 June 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: First sketches

I've done a quick colour scheme. I'm not happy with the composition so it's gonna change along the way. What I want to focus in is the rabbit with a winning hand and the reflection on the window showing the aces on his ears.

Maybe I want to put too many elements on the scene...

06 June 2007
Nice sketch and very funny

06 June 2007
Poor old Jimbo!!
Very nice sketching and colour draft, looking forward to seeing more!

Last edited by harachte : 06 June 2007 at 11:23 AM.

06 June 2007
dude, thats a very funny concept and the pic its very good cause the rabit its holding his overconfident atitude to the last minute! its going to be fun watching the contrast of the mean guys. yeah there is time! good luck

06 June 2007
Haha, great idea

How about having the guy on the right looking into the window at the aces? This would help emphasise the fact that this is where the punch line is.

Good luck with it, look forward to seeing your progression.

Dave

06 June 2007
tricky bunny.. nice sketch and idea

My online portfolio

06 June 2007
Excellent ! great sketch !
If your final illustration reach the quality of your usual works, I think it will be amazing !
Why didn't you ever have an award ?
Your gallery is amazing !

06 June 2007
Thank you guys, I didn´t expect replies so soon.

Elendil_le_Grand: Thanks man.

harachte: In fact I'm still thinking if Jimbo is the correct name for this stupid rabbit. It will serve for the moment

renderwhite: You are right man, that's exactly what I want, a nerd so sure of himself he is incapable to see when he is discovered.

pseudonympending: Yes, of course , the focal point should be the reflection on the back and everybody should look to it. Thank you very much.

icedeyes: Glad you like it

gpepper: Wow, thanks!

06 June 2007
hi Ramon! Good start... I love the body language of the bunny, and the reflection is a great idea!

I can't wait to see more development of his opponents! (They should be such a lot of fun to paint)

06 June 2007
Hey, Ramitxon, good to see you here again! Great concept so far. I like where you're heading with it, and nice layout and character design so far.

While you're still roughing things out, what about trying a much larger window? Right now it's on a tangent with the guy on the left, and it looks like you might have to cheese the angle to get Jimbo's back into the reflection. A larger viewport - maybe even one with a fish-eye lens - could solve both problems and help serve to make Jimbo pop more - sort of an inverse halo, a big dark patch behing a white bunny will really help him read well.

Good luck and have fun!

-mike

06 June 2007
lol ! fantastic ! funny ! keep going .

06 June 2007
Great Start. Mike makes a good point, when I was first looking at the image, I was thinking that they were underwater with how small the window was. That's just how it read to me. I like the concept and I am looking forward to see how it turns out... =)

Keep it Odd!

06 June 2007
Nice first idea! Good luck to you mate!

CHARACTER DESIGN

Thread Closed share thread