Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: yaroslav Kravchenko

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2007   #61
The Spore Character is really great and all the sketches. I liked your composition and basic colours.

Old 07 July 2007   #62
if you are thinking of switching the framing to something this tight, i would advise against it... i love the previous composition because it give a great sence of space while this feels claustophobic at best... just some suggestions...

My online portfolio

Old 07 July 2007   #63
Updates, please.....I want to see where you go with this!

Old 07 July 2007   #64
Wink

Hi Slav,
For some reason I like more the other composition, maybe because was more dynamic and the depth of the behavior was a bit, better framed along with the bg, but since I havenít seen yet the hole thing, I could be very wrong! And the choice of colors looks good!..waiting to see were you take your wonderful spore world!

Old 07 July 2007   #65
Line Art or Model: Spores - Lineart

well this works much better for me. i got rid of the huge eye grabbing mushroom the characters are now the main focus.

Old 07 July 2007   #66
I love the way this is looking, all the life in the environment. I can't wait until you get to the point where you start painting

Old 07 July 2007   #67
this sketch is looking great Slav... I just miss the sence of space that the other composition gave me... this update looks much much better with al the elements in place.... i am sure you will make it work... keep it up

My online portfolio

Old 07 July 2007   #68
coming along well buddy.Keep up the good work

Old 07 July 2007   #69
I actually rather liked the eyegrabbing mushroom- you could use it as the apex of a triangular composition, maybe with a sign pointing the way on it? It gave the whole thing a great sense of perspective, although I must admit this one helps you to focus more on the characters. Maybe something in between? I love your sketches- what do you use? It looks like a 2B and 4B on 150lb watercolor paper. Go slav, go slav!

Old 07 July 2007   #70
looking great already! Love your character sketches. The one in the bottom right caught my eye. I'll be watching for what you finish up with- best of luck to you!

Old 07 July 2007   #71
superb drawings! I guess, some more depth in your images can enhance the readability. But I am sure, you know that yourself...
keep it up!

Old 07 July 2007   #72
Wow! The movement and colors.. Bravo! I will have an eye on the process. Good Luck!

Old 07 July 2007   #73
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Spores - Color again

well i got some rage in me now. if art was a fighting style i would be using berzerk right now.

i love the way this thing turned out and i am going to stick with it.

Old 07 July 2007   #74
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Spores - Color again

well since i made a double post i guess ill use this one to reply to all you guys and gals.

Ivy00: well there you go. haha i started to put some color on it.

icedeyes: thanks bud. i hope so too. i really do. i would be very sad if i messed this one up. its turning into quite the personal piece too.

CUBISIS: thanks man. ill do my best.

paperclip: yea i know the mushroom was cool, but i think the color is what draws you in more. in the black and white is was dominating to the point where it just made all other elements 2ndry that's why i took it out. i have to thank you too because this sketch, despite the fact that i like it, is not the best b/w rendering. i drew it mostly so that i can scan it into the computer. so i made it kind of gray and kept the texture of the pencil to work digitally. na its not i dont use anything other then HB or B but it doesnt have a bit of primacolor black in there as well. and the paper is translucent marker paper because i like to redraw stuff allot XD

littleac: thanks, i was hoping for the character to be interesting and to have them catch your eye is all i could ask for.

Hideyoshi: thanks it means allot comming from you. yea i do, just something i choose to ignor atm, so i can bring out the texture of the pencil a bit more.

Nemesix: thanks for dropping in and sharing your support!

Last edited by Slav : 07 July 2007 at 01:44 AM.

Old 07 July 2007   #75
the colors work very nicely to enhance the image... Its a great update Slav... Since this is a personal piece that you seem to love, i will support you in your decision to change the framing and composition since you know best how you want to evolve this... cent wait to see what you have in hold for us... keep it up

My online portfolio

Thread Closed share thread