Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Karisa Phillip

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2007
Wow.. great progress.The butterfly looks really good.However, I agree with Hiun about the 2 big branches.. It looks a little funky. Maybe you can solve it by darken it, to push it further to the foreground, coz right now they seem to have the same value as the other branches. I also agree with steviewoo regarding the feet.. they're blending with the tree branch.. other than that.. I think the painting is spectacular

11 November 2007
Good idea! I like that... It might be so awsome if ants could drawing ))

11 November 2007
Final Image: I Wonder

First, it should be known, that when I was in primary school it was the sole mission of your teacher to encode on your DNA this here poem, so that you could rattle it off by heart…and in your sleep too! Though it wasn’t my muse, during the progress of this piece I realized that it suited it just perfectly! It goes like this...

I wonder why the grass is green,
And why the wind is never seen
Who taught the birds to build a nest,
And told the trees to take a rest?
And when the moon is not quite round,
Where can the missing bit be found?
Who lights the stars, when they blow out,
And makes the lightning flash about?
Who paints the rainbow in the sky,
And hangs the fluffy clouds so high?
Why is it now, do you suppose,
That Dad won’t tell me if he knows?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I Wonder, by Jeannie Kirby

Perhaps some of us can still remember when we were kids and we too were overcome with these “BIG” questions. Of course there was always the playground hearsay for these important issues, but somehow, it was always the grown-ups in our lives whom we felt would give us the spot-on answers…or so we would have liked to think.
Unfortunately however, either because they don’t know themselves or just couldn’t be bothered with the finer points, adults wove the most spectacular, convoluted and outlandish tales, thinking that justice have been served to the topic! Yet, for the child a more acceptable reason couldn’t have been given; hence we fell for it hook, line and sinker!
Here we see little Phoebe, a girl fascinated with butterflies (as most little girls are), making a discovery that actually confirms the explanation she was given in answer to her question, “How do butterflies have such pretty wings?” Even so, as we too share this moment with her, (our beginner’s biology under our belts), we can’t help but think….How Strange!

11 November 2007
Wink

Sweet work Karisa! this was a great dysplay of talent, I'm really glad you made it on time because the finished work and the story behind it are a great treat to look at! YOU HAVE A GREAT EYE FOR DETAIL AND I STILL LOVE HOW FINE THE HAIR LOOKS!

Hope we'll meet again in the challenges, and tanks for the support! I will submit the 'After rain' for CG forums very soon ! thanks!

11 November 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread