Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Karisa Phillip

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2007
Originally Posted by adrephil: i have this little mirror that i'm constantly checking my eyes in...
I hope your eyes are less crossed !!! Maybe, you cross your eyes to see a stereoscopic picture of insect painter?
It’s a joke, of course…The little girl is very cute !

10 October 2007
Line Art or Model: foreground

yay!, i've finished the girl!....however the eyes with the reflections will be done last when the foreground is done....i've blocked out the colors i'll be using for the wings etc...(took you suggestion steviewoo and changed the color of the butterfly...pink's good huh? :) )....anyways hope you all like it!

Karisa :)

10 October 2007
Wink

Pink is good Karisa, but not the highest contrast, now is up to you to make it stand up with light and shadow work, and I think you will do it great!

10 October 2007
Thumbs up

Wow.. your painting's really good.. the little girl looks like it's done in 3d. the texturing is just awesome. the rim light with the tiny hairs is very nicely done.. great job

10 October 2007
This is looking SO good!
The way you painted the girl is amazing! She really looks like a 3D model, and a really good one, well shaded and rendered! And those hair are just lovely!
Nice work, admire people who can paint like this!

Steampunk (Video)
Musi panels: A, B, C

10 October 2007
Line Art or Model: the butterfly

finished the butterfly!! ...(yay!)....decided to go with purple...:)...just wings and finishing touches to be done...(whew)

thank God....i'm on mid-semester break!!...so i'll be going till morning...again!...lol...Bye,

Karisa :)

10 October 2007
Line Art or Model: yippie!!, for extension

after going to bed @ 2 and then getting up @ 5 to kill off my entry....i nearly died from happiness when i got the email that the challenge was extended till the 15th of nov...i just have the eyes to do, however from now till then i don't know what else i might do ...lol....tell me what you guys think!

Karisa

Last edited by adrephil : 10 October 2007 at 07:33 PM. Reason: bad spelling....lol

10 October 2007
I love it! For some reason though I think the depth of field focus that you have where you softened the tree branches closest to us is not really working well on the image. The branches aren't close enough to our view for it to be blurre dthat much. I think you could definately sharpen it up a lot. I hope thta is not to much trouble . I just think it's at that place in the image where detail is definately necessary, because it's not distracting, the composition is open and easy, but the softened branches are slightly taking away from the image.

The particular branches I am referring to (just in case) are the 2 largest ones... the one on the far left and the one on the far right. Too soft for such a detailed image.

10 October 2007
With this resolution it's a little hard to look at (and figure out) that paint-basket-thing behind the butterfly. Generally I think it could be a little darker or desaturated except for the center. But maybe it has to do with my monitor or with my eyes being tired, dunno... But really nice work, I liked the details, well painted.

10 October 2007
Wink

Hey Karisa, It amazes me how you actually finished it on the former deadline , you were fast...
as for a comment I can tell you to make more clear the feet area, since they are brown too and the legs are so close together, it gets a little confusing there, maybe you could make her wear little shoes and use other color for them.

So take it easy now... as I see it you did just great and on time too

go crazy with those eye details, have in mind the surrounding colors and shapes,You can really get a lot from them!

10 October 2007
I love the light reflection in the eyes and the close up shot.

10 October 2007
HE HE HE HE nice idea! he he he and super cute! very nice work and hi quality image!
looks like u know to use (virtual) brush too!

B-movie

10 October 2007
I love the skin texture and composition. nice work.

11 November 2007
the skin of the girl is really good, I love it.

and nice idea, good luck!

11 November 2007
Thumbs up

wow! this has come out so well! very colourful and eye catching! i most certainly agree with AlonChou & Abronxl.. love the specularity on her skin! waiting to see the final image! cheers! and good luck to you! :thumsbup:

Thread Closed share thread