Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Theresa Ryan

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2007   #61
Hello Theresa.

I really like the human puppet with the bot concept. Perhaps it's the composition or its simplicity and its surreal quality, I feel it's the best of your sketches.

Good luck.

Old 07 July 2007   #62
see theresa! if you put me & goro in your painting it becomes a masterpiece right away

Sketchbook

Old 07 July 2007   #63
Nice style

You have a nice style, but I've seen the child in the first picture many times. The Evil Crazy Baby with many faces hehe. Good luck.
/peter

Old 07 July 2007   #64
Nice work! And... Ahh, that baby made me laugh!!!

Old 07 July 2007   #65
Hahaha, thanks for posting these, they made me chuckle. That baby in my avatar is my version of him.

The nerd-circle is complete!
I have a total of 3 sketches in the works, hopefully ready before too long.

Old 07 July 2007   #66
You have a very surreal style there
I like number 4. Makes me think of the Monsters Inc concept art section of the pixar exhibition I went to.

Old 07 July 2007   #67
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: inforest

See if you can figure out what's going on here....

Old 07 July 2007   #68
Originally Posted by paperclip: My first idea so far is in production using the fancy schmancy technique of pencil and paper...

1) A little boy playing a brass instrument (tuba? french horn) and tons of sealife and over the top animals are coming out with the music. I mean wildebeest, oysters, antelope, kittens, anything! The little boy (girl?) is red with effort and not really paying attention to the animals, (s)he is just pouring himself/herself entirely into the music.

2) a little fella challenging a tattooed giant using only a water gun.

3) A woman frozen, suddenly realising that she's been chomping on the flowers that her boyfriend just gave her. An offshoot is a businessman chewing tulips absentmindedly while on the phone to a high-powered client.

4) monsters crying inconsolably while being told off by a little toddler.

5) A drug addict injecting themselves, only to be confronted with electric sparks and a circuit blowout.

5b) Child/adult role reversal.... maybe too cliche though?

6) A puffin on a typewriter, this would be far better if it was a photorealistic puffin writing for puffin books...lol...they are all written by the same puffin, you know.
7) A surgeon reading from a cookbook during an operation.
Which ones hit your fancy so far?

well, i didn't read the whole thread yet, but my opinion is worthless enough to be ignored anyway.
so..
I see the possibility to win only with 4, storycal (yes, that is a valid description in my world ... "storycal = concerning the story".).
The other ideas aren't half bad, too, but either lack story-components or are hard to transpose.

Old 07 July 2007   #69
I'm really looking forward to seeing where this goes. Great start. Is there going to be some as yet not shown element in the centre somewhere?

Old 07 July 2007   #70
This is very interesting! Can't wait to see more

Old 07 July 2007   #71
Cool

lol clippy you made me sit here with that silly grin, priceless start ^^ love your initial roughs, such a variety of silly pixels mooooore mooooore *hahaha love that pink thing left ahahah so nasty ^^

Old 07 July 2007   #72
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: octopus

This little fella is threatening the sumo wrestler with an octopus gun...pretty odd... but my mind is almost made up to go with no. 4. I just want to try out a few other sketches before I settle on a final concept that I'll run with until the end! I'll reply to everyone soon- I went camping this weekend, hence my lack of updates.

Old 07 July 2007   #73
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: scolding

Here's a very rough sketch of no. 4, not exactly what I want though, it'd change a lot as I go through the stages over the next few months...

Old 07 July 2007   #74
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: fatherson

The father and son switch places...'Hey, you! More milk over here!'

Old 07 July 2007   #75
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: fatherson

The father and son switch places...'Hey, you! More milk over here!'

Thread Closed share thread