Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Mark David

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2007
lol you better start thinking about an emergency plan!
airbags and at least one small barrel of brandy with a small tap... space is coldddd...

06 June 2007
Ahh! I see that you now have come up with solutions for both attack and defense - that's good to know. I suppose the tire have another function as well, to keep the ship flying when the engines are off, or how else do you deal with gravity?

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

06 June 2007
The same idea is used in small ships even nowadays... will give it a nice retro feel... keep it up

My online portfolio

06 June 2007
Originally Posted by Gunilla: I suppose the tire have another function as well, to keep the ship flying when the engines are off, or how else do you deal with gravity?

Well, filled with lightweight vacuum they should provide a tremendous uplift. (As long as noone comes to free the vacuum, that is)

06 June 2007
OKMER
Hey Remko, well I guess I'm no good at keeping secrets from you then, and splashing it onto this public forum and marking it to your attention just might have something to do with that. But yes, I can see a tense challenge coming, knowing your tire-deflaters might be out there. But that's the kind of pressure that makes these challenges special, right?

Slav
Thanks mate!

Geta-Ve
Thank you! If I can get my 3D to match my drawing style then I'll be pretty happy

miketche
You're totally right. Bamboo and Spacecraft are not things you normally associate with each other. That's an appalling situation

NR43
Nice ideas mate. Airbags and brandy barrel... Thank you

Gunilla
Hi Gunilla. Yes, attack and defense: I agree it's important to think of both. You can never pay too much attention to detail

icedeyes
Thanks mate!

miru
Now this is the sort of rigorous scientific thought that makes these challenges special. Thanks mate!

Last edited by mdavid : 06 June 2007 at 12:53 AM.

06 June 2007
Hi-tech protection with that super tyre!

cool!
you should put life belts all over there and David Hasselhoff ready to rescue too!

EDIT: your avatar, dude. I was watching to your eon alien and imagine him/her/it giving a kiss, mmoack!!haha

ok, time to sleep

06 June 2007
Talking

hey buddy! good to c u here once again! yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee

06 June 2007
gG
Cheers Gonzalo. Yep, nothing but the finest in protection for our hero on board.
Originally Posted by gG: you should put life belts all over there and David Hasselhoff ready to rescue too!
LOL! And wasn't Pamela Anderson in Baywatch too?

nwiz25
Hey Neville, it's great to see you too buddy

06 June 2007
Line Art or Model: One of the engines

I'm posting this latest update comfortable in the knowledge that there isn't a Rocket Science forum here at cg. Umm... there isn't one, right? Because rocket scientists would notice a bunch of things wrong with this. I started trying to be accurate but have you checked out a rocket engine lately? They're crazy complicated.

So pretty soon I was filling in the gaps with pipes and shapes that looked like machinery. But it's likely that this will only be partly visible anyway so I'm not worrying too much about this.

I'll add that there's no bamboo in this yet - as much as like the idea of bamboo for other bits of the spacecraft I'm not so keen on such a flammable material being used for a rocket engine

- Mark

06 June 2007
Great start

Hello Mark.

Here I just discover that a new challenge is on the way and you are already half finished.
If there is a prize for flying start you should have it!

Concept looks great mate! And your rocket engine looks wicked good. Only I don’t se the crack used to start it… Maybe you will ad that later…

Also I was wondering if maybe this sunbathing guy on the sundeck… If he was a real hardcore he would bring his ship right under the sun wouldn’t he…
Looks like he’s a bit of a coward, staying so far away from any real skin frying light source. But maybe that is just me longnig for the rain to stop and the sun to come out for my summer holliday.

Anyway I`m cheering for you all the way Mark! The best of luck to you!!

Per

06 June 2007
Try
Hey Per! It's great to hear from you buddy. Thanks for your kind words.

Thanks for the encouragement about the rocket. At the moment I'm sticking some burn marks and grime onto it. The trouble we go to, to make things look like a mess eh?

Shame about the rain you're getting. We've had a fair bit in Sydney lately too - almost 2 feet of rain in a month. I think I've got moss growing behind my ears.

So then, any chance of seeing you in this challenge? There's heaps of time!

- Mark

06 June 2007
Ahahaha , that's a hell of a great start and fast ... wow !

The tyre is an awesome addition , can't rid off the silly grin my face ...

This is gonna be huge , can't wait for more

cheers ,

-Zapan

"One today is worth two tomorrows"
-Benjamin Franklin-

06 June 2007
Zapan
Thanks mate! Much appreciated. So much more to do though eh? Looks like a busy 4 months

06 June 2007
Line Art or Model: A bit of grime and some burn marks

My aim in this is to make a spacecraft that looks like it didn't come straight off the showroom floor. So I figured that rocket needed to look like it's been used. Here it is with some burn marks and grime

- Mark

06 June 2007
Is that the infamous Tesla coil right next to the antimatter deflector? I see you are trying
to bridge oldschool rocket science with alien technology! could actually work! But please
be careful, I read they scorched 20 acres land back in Los alomos trying to do something
similar!
Very nice shader work! I like the way it's reflecting the surroundings without being very
chromatic!
Great render by the way!

Thread Closed share thread