Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Mark David

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: primary weapon (only weapon?)

Thanks to Mathias' suggestion I've decided to keep the space ship armed. He's right you know - you can just never tell when you're going to run into bad aliens. This thing is the primary weapon, and possibly the only weapon - part bamboo supports and part giant rubber band

- Mark

06 June 2007
Great idea for a weapon. Seeing as how your guy is lounging around in a beach like atmosphere, maybe you could add other bambo parts to the ship. I love your cartoony sketching style.

06 June 2007
I love the Space1999-like truss/lattice work rails on the ship! This is going to be fun to watch come together.

Great ideas!

06 June 2007
Hehe, totally digging it!
Indeed the weapon is necessary I think too(but hey?With all this bamboo, what if they fall on Flying Panda aliens?)
Indeed this is gonna be great great fun to see it all come together!Can't wait!Marc!

06 June 2007
Great imagination Mark, always good to be prepared for those pesky aliens, especially the short little purple ones.

Steve 8)

06 June 2007
LOL!! Man, this is certainly one of the best concepts I've seen around here so far! I'm really curious to see it taking shape.

06 June 2007
Nah, you had the idea in the back of your head already, I just pointed at it!
Great plan for the weapon! You see, protection is very important, they even
teach kids at school about it!!!

06 June 2007
bad, bad aliens... deserves them right
you gotta have some strange ammo too.

jellybeans? cottonballs? waterballons? you never know what a alien is scared of.. hehe

06 June 2007
oh man, a Bamm-BOOzka-ZAPP-oKill - one of galaxies most powerfull weapons! I thought they were banned. A lot of people were killed only by the sight of it....

(by laughter)

Great concept!

06 June 2007
miketche
Thanks Michael. I fully agree with the idea of more bamboo. Bamboo is sorely under-rated as a building material in space craft. I mean, what's not to like about it? It's lightweight, cheap, and looks stylish with any space suit.

aaraaf
Cheers David. Yeah those lattice beams are going to be more bamboo. If I learn anything in this challenge it's going to be how to model, texture and light bamboo

OKMER
Ah Remko, where would I be without your insightful comments? Your sharp eyes have spotted a real weakness in my design. If I wake up screaming about pandas in the middle of the night then that's not a bad thing, it's a good thing, because it means I've got my full attention on it

handlebar
Ahah! So you agree about the aliens then do you? That's good to know. You never know when you'll need an ally

Anubis3D
Thanks for that mate!

varma
Well Mathias, it might have been at the back of my head, but it wasn't doing much good there until you did point at it. Thanks again mate

makaron
I couldn't agree more, Mona, and despite some recently-acquired fears about pandas I think I'm likely to sleep better at night now. By the way, I heard that 9 out of 10 aliens are terrified of GPs

miru
Thank you! You thought Bamm-BOOzka-ZAPP-oKills were banned eh? Well now you know

06 June 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Lots of air

I can't think how a spare tyre would be much use on a spacecraft - well, I suppose you could use it as a fender in collisions - but I like the idea of one hanging off my spaceship. Experienced cgtalkers might look for some hint of artistic intent behind this decision but no, this is for the attention of Remko! Hahah! All that air in that tyre eh mate! Sure, there might be pandas in space but tire-deflaters? Just let 'em try to liberate the air out of this beauty. After all, we now know it's well defended

- Mark

06 June 2007
HAhaha Marc!!!Well now as an almost proffesional tire-deflater I'm amazingly flattered!!!

(Remko thinking:..gotta put some wings, spacepacks and armors on my tire-deflaters)

Last edited by OKMER : 06 June 2007 at 12:13 AM.

06 June 2007
i think i like the 1st concept the best. color it and upload the final. done deal.

06 June 2007
I love your drawing style so clear. This is gonna be great I can tell

06 June 2007
Bamboo and Spacecraft. Now there's two words you usually don't see together in the same sentance.

Thread Closed share thread