Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Fernando Porcel

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2007
I Agree with W-I-L, the first composition works better than the new one. Keep the good work

07 July 2007
hey Fernando,

I think that there are too many elements on the same level (and overlapping too much) to make the composition easily read... So, here is what i would suggest you try...

it seems you want to emphasize the motion of the dragonflies and the gator coming out of the water... you could use a vertical frame... put the gator halfway out of the water (on the right side) and almost retain the position of the surfers... this will still give them the overlaping forms that are needed to define depth but also devide the composition to the main element(foreground surfers) and the middleground threat (gator)...

just an idea... keep it up and keep us posted

My online portfolio

07 July 2007
Thanks George !! I trying your sugestions. You are right, I need a more solid composition and separte the foreground and midleground. Ok I´m going for the Tequila to take some inspiration... hahahaha ... Thanks again man!

07 July 2007
Hey nice ideas man!Me personally prefered the nocturnal flight as for his strange feeling.
Looking forward how you'll work your last one out.Nice sketches man!
Agree a bit the view could be dynamised a bit by maybe pulling things more into the background and others to the foreground.by playing with your contrast's or blur's.
Maybe a wing that could get out of your canvas or the camera a bit more from a above..
Just some suggestions ofcourse!Keep 'm coming

07 July 2007
Unhappy

Hey ferx, I'm so sorry i missed your new post!
The only thing i see missing is an element in the background, be it the castle or any other, it actually could be just an outline with a little moonlight over it, no big detail or anything.

I think that the gator's head could be more in perspective so we could see the inside of the mouth, and more open too, that would make it look more threatening.

This is going good, I'll see you around, and thanks for all!

08 August 2007
Remko- Thanks man! Yep, you are right. I need to define my tree planes and creat deep for the composition. .... again thanks!!

Gabriel - no problema hahahaha : the moon on the horizon sounds good, and with that i can creat fog, and fog help me to creat deep separating elements !! mmm... maybe works well ! Thanks !

08 August 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: alligators

Working with the alligators characters.
I think will be nice the gators take more place in the overall idea with the surfers ants.

08 August 2007
The alligators are off to a great start. Regarding the composition, I really liked what you had in your first ants-on-dragonflies sketch with the leading ant right up close. Perhaps you could do that, and have the trailing one even further back where all the alligator action is still happening. Just a suggestion mate. I like your stuff a lot and am looking forward to watching this develop

08 August 2007
Thumbs up

Hola Fernando,
I miss the other post, but I am back. I like the composition but it feels a bit cropped for, me try to add a much wider space so its better to give the importance to your character’s behavior, also the coco riles are two witch it’s a god number for balance, but maybe try to made one in a more extremely attacking position so they can represent the danger more clearly, not that they don’t but push it a bit more, so it wont let any doubt about it!
Keep that imagination working, it will look so great I am sure!

08 August 2007
Mark- Thanks man!!. You are right, that was a good studie. Is time to retake. Thanks!!

Axel - Gracias amigo! you convinced me, definitively the number of crocodiles must be 3 Yep I need a more threatening croc. Thanks Axel !!

08 August 2007
Thats a great sketch man!! I liked a lot. The crocks can put a great touch to your idea!
I hope to see soon more updates !

08 August 2007
I've been seeing some nice sketches in this thread, waiting for the final concept... Keep it up my friend!

08 August 2007
Cool

Yep the fog will be a great detail, this is getting better everytime........
Careful with the croc paws, they look alittle humanlike... they can be a pain in the rear to draw, i can tell....

Last edited by SteevieWoo : 08 August 2007 at 04:35 AM.

08 August 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: new composition Surfers

Working in the overall composition.
Adds a one more croc, in more threatening attitude (Thx Alex and Gabriel ! ).
I think is a nice composition, and I believe that it can work (I hope ... hahahahah). Maybe I tests another, using the same composition but with industrial elements, perhaps the scene within a drainage : ))

08 August 2007
Grako - Thanks for the support man!

Axel - what can I say?? following your idea, Thanks my friend!!

Jeffparadox - Really thanks for your words! I really appreciate

Gabriel - You are right, I will have myself to turn on the new hunter of crocodiles, until I learn how to draw its claws and paws . Thanks mate for your support !!

Thread Closed share thread