Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Juraj Molcak

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2007   #61
Ah! Another lovely update. I'm glad you're including some science in your Block. There's plenty of strange behavior done in the name of science. You've got a really nice set of Block occupants now

Old 07 July 2007   #62
@ Frooosty - thank you and welcome to the block

@ mdavid - yeah, I wanted to have such a freak in from the begining. Also I want to have it related to that "unwanted product", you know. So he toxicated canalization like in old school big monsters movies, lol

Old 07 July 2007   #63
really great and funny characters buddy..love the clown! looks like alotta work, but you're up to it!

Old 07 July 2007   #64
Originally Posted by Oweron: Also I want to have it related to that "unwanted product", you know. So he toxicated canalization like in old school big monsters movies, lol
Fantastic idea! I love it

Old 07 July 2007   #65
@ shakes - yeah, alotta work for sure, but I will try to manage very simple yet effective art direction for this illustration/animation entry. You have some good experience with huge character set for one entry so I think you will agree its possible.

@ mdavid - ha ha, great you agreed There want to be connection between all behaviours in line. Smthing like "clown - cook - fashion - bodybuilder - glamour - science - unwanted product"...

Old 08 August 2007   #66
Line Art or Model: clown - model wip

starting with characterisation of my universal mesh

Old 08 August 2007   #67
Line Art or Model: cook - model wip

cook in progress :)

Old 08 August 2007   #68
Nice start on the modeling Oweron. I personaly think that you could simplify things to keep them more in line with your wonderful drawings, cheek bones, eye sockets etc. just cast distracting shadows that make the model hard to read as a cartoon. You've already done the hard work with your drawings, don't be afraid to emulate them exactly, the strength is in their simplicity, a few simple shapes and textures is all that's needed. I think you're on the right track but you just need to stick closer to your drawings and try to avoid getting too detailed, harder than it sounds i know.

Steve 8)

Old 08 August 2007   #69
Excellent updates. I especially think the cook works well. Lovely funny stuff

Old 08 August 2007   #70
Line Art or Model: fashion designer - model wip

today's progress: universal mesh modified for fashion designer.

Old 08 August 2007   #71
@ handlebar - thank you for your constructive feedback. I absolutely understand what you mean but somehow I feel not very comfortable with idea of translating my sketches to 3D to mimic them exactly. However, I am not going to take all goodies of 3D tools to make it advanced but I want to stay with easy and rough feel of whole show. It was task of decesion to go with 2D or 3D and from my POV I did choose the right one. So afterall no worries buddy I am not afraid, lol You hopefuly will be nicely surprised at the end of this progress.
BTW - you just want to infect me with your 2D fever you have this challenge, donīt you, ha ha ha

@ mdavid - cool, thanx!

Old 08 August 2007   #72
No worries Oweron, follow your own path. Feedback is there to be ignored, i do all the time if i don't think it enhances my vision. I'm sure your final results will be stunning, there's also a nice continuity with your characters that is more evident now you posted another. Keep up the great work.

Steve 8)

Old 08 August 2007   #73
Line Art or Model: bodybuilder - model wip

muscles and trophies, yeah!

Old 08 August 2007   #74
Originally Posted by handlebar: No worries Oweron, follow your own path. Feedback is there to be ignored, i do all the time if i don't think it enhances my vision.

Donīt want to call it "ignored" coz it has the value. I will keep it in mind when developing shaders and textures for them. I asked already myself if I am able to make it in 2D for animation entry to keep the style of sketches all the way, but I ended up with one possible way - to have their body parts as separated layers and move them in XY only. I say it may be fun for commercial or music video, but for a kind of short movie animation I better to make it in XYZ ( I say level up ) Another direction I am thinking about is to have this illustration entry finished as sketchy 2D so I will completly make it in that style. However I do prefer to finish my animation entry and call this as follower.

Last edited by JurajMolcak : 08 August 2007 at 08:10 AM.

Old 08 August 2007   #75
Line Art or Model: glamourous girl - model wip ( nudity )

ehm ehm... glamourous... ehm ehm... girl :D

Thread Closed share thread