CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > Strange Behaviour (Illustration)
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 07-20-2007, 10:02 PM   #46
Geteken
Veteran

Andrew Johnston
Artist
Eurocom
Derby, United Kingdom

Like your ideas, sketches and models. Looks like allot of fun to make. Best of luck to you...don't think you need any though.

Old 07-21-2007, 12:40 PM   #47
mdavid
Illustrator

portfolio
Mark David
illustrator
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oweron
I am bit confused how much you seem to love this thread compared to lack of feedback from other folks. Maybe I took it too far from comunity style
I'm also confused why this thread isn't getting a whole lot more attention. But between this thread and your animation one I know you've got some real fans here. As for your style being a bit different, in this challenge I'm seeing a whole lot of beautiful different styles of illustration so I don't think that's a problem, but even if it was too extreme for some, personally I think your style is one of your best strengths. Keep up the cool work!

Your fashion designer update made me laugh out loud. That skeleton mannequin in the dress is very funny (and disturbingly similar to so many skinny fashion models!)

Old 07-21-2007, 12:42 PM   #48
handlebar
Lord of the pies

Steve Bateman
United Kingdom

Count me in as a subscribed fan, i think the whole concept and character design is wonderful, looking forward to your progress.

Steve 8)

Old 07-21-2007, 05:43 PM   #49
JurajMolcak
Jr.

portfolio
Juraj Molcak
visual artist
Slovakia

howdy strangers

@ handlebar - thanx for your "top marks" for my uv sets, I preferably use procedural textures and plain materials with vertex coloring so I am happy to read such a comment. Also, thanx for cheering me up with your subscribtion to this show.

@ Gord-MacDonald - Thank you! But letīs breath again. Keep watching

@ Geteken - Yes, it is a lot of fun, agreed. But I will need that luck in oredr to finish this on time, heh. Really want to present my idea as I virtualy see it already. Thanx.

@ mdavid - thanx buddy! Afterall I am not that confused. You are right, I already have nice group of fans. Speaking about "being a bit different" - I know how wide this challenge is, but I personally see ordinary approach as more atractive for cgtalkers. Of course, your thread is out of this general speach, lol. Itīs first time I am going with this stylisation īcoz I just canīt stay where I was last time, it is natural for me and maybe this often ending in my doubts. So, again thanx for your support. You almost spot my goal with those mannequin btw. It is up to designers, photographers, editors etc. why we have so many skinny girls out there. Well, maybe girls are too crazy to follow such a trends, but humanīs mentality is attacked so hard with this kind of things and it is hard to resist. My goal is to catch some of the sad-disturbing-funny-STRANGE behaviors with a bit of caricature of course ( donīt want to be too moody ). Hope you will enjoy my progress in this.

Old 07-21-2007, 08:08 PM   #50
JurajMolcak
Jr.

portfolio
Juraj Molcak
visual artist
Slovakia

Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: glamourous girl

how strange is that?

Old 07-22-2007, 09:04 PM   #51
JurajMolcak
Jr.

portfolio
Juraj Molcak
visual artist
Slovakia

Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: clown

another "the block" inhabitant :)

Old 07-22-2007, 09:53 PM   #52
handlebar
Lord of the pies

Steve Bateman
United Kingdom

These are wonderful Oweron, very consistant in style. I realy like the clown.

Steve 8)

Old 07-23-2007, 12:05 AM   #53
mdavid
Illustrator

portfolio
Mark David
illustrator
Australia

Yep, I agree with Steve. And there's a real sense of 'the block' developing now, with so many strange behaviors each happening in their own rooms

Old 07-23-2007, 07:09 AM   #54
nwiz25
mouseman

portfolio
neville dsouza
game artist
Reliance Games pvt.ltd
Pune, India

Send a message via Yahoo to nwiz25
Talking

very stylistic mate! each one has a different story to tell i like it!

Old 07-23-2007, 09:09 PM   #55
JurajMolcak
Jr.

portfolio
Juraj Molcak
visual artist
Slovakia

Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: cook

A cook and a plaster.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:58 AM   #56
mdavid
Illustrator

portfolio
Mark David
illustrator
Australia

Wow! I find that new illustration to be very powerful, despite the fact that I'm not sure what the story is. Is that turkey going into the bin? So the cook prepares a meal and then is not able to eat it? What is the story behind this one?

Old 07-24-2007, 12:50 PM   #57
Gunilla
got guts

portfolio
Gunilla Elam
illustrator/animator
Stockholm, Sweden

My guess would be she's on a diet - have to through away all the goodies she makes. Right?
They are all fantastic personalities - it will be interesteing to see if you can maintain the same style with the 3d environment. I really like the mix with drawings and photos - really cool

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

Old 07-24-2007, 09:23 PM   #58
JurajMolcak
Jr.

portfolio
Juraj Molcak
visual artist
Slovakia

now, this corner is pretty alive, thanx for nice feedback!

@ handlebar - yeah, clown is madly strange. But what I found very funny related to this image - there is "International Clown Hall of Fame" at the internet

@ nwiz25 - great to see you can read stories behind each character. This is going to be another crucial goal for me - to be very clear and stright in storytelling, however stories might be a bit open ended.

@ mdavid - as far as you can feel strangness behind that cookīs image you are right. Basicaly you can just see it as cook who canīt eat her own meal ( ie diet - as Gunnie said ). Maybe that bin is a bit disturbing but I think it works together with plaster on her mouth. Is there anything else what may make it not that clear?

@ Gunnie - thank you sis! It will be great if those personalities drive people discuss about their possible life. As I mentioned already, I want to have this piece not that far from our real world.

I can see so many connections with everyday news by looking back on my images I did for this challenge so far. They all want to make you laugh, but they are pretty sad on the other side. I feel shocked by sad news we all can read on this forum today. I am getting kind of gloomy mood so I decided to have a lil break of developing this entry today. I think I am closer to understand what should be important for us and I hopefuly will never take the place side by side with strange behaviour I am presenting in this thread.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:53 PM   #59
JurajMolcak
Jr.

portfolio
Juraj Molcak
visual artist
Slovakia

Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: scientist

hello folks! Me, back on the track :) Here is the last one of "the block" inhabitants. Enjoy

Old 07-27-2007, 11:27 PM   #60
Frooosty
newby

josue
viņa, Chile

I love your style

Thread Closed share thread