Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Maciej Frolow

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2007
Line Art or Model: Dragon`s strange behaviour

Now all is better :) I have only to find a way to put some "soul" in those crystals... maybe procedural noise in transparency? Any ideas?

It`s hard to simulate that "matter depth" without boosting too much rendertimes and geometry :( I need to devlopp a trick to have a nice mapping on the obect which will simulate this aspect. The most importent is to have it enough varing to not see it`s the same crystal duplicted.

08 August 2007
YAp nice man!Maybe some more little cristals popping out of the rocks arouns the big ones...Just suggesting.Keep m coming.Cheers!

08 August 2007

OKMER - thanks alot for your comment, yes it`s not the final image, just a study of rendering all this.

Crystals last update before moving to the landscape shape. Comments are welcome :)

08 August 2007
From your friend on the battlefield

hey, bro! Crystal texture is great! I wouldnt change that. THe rocks though still seem unreal to me. Perhaps make it a combination of rocks and dirt. and then a greenish shadow from the crystals. Keep it up its looking good!

08 August 2007
Artisan-Hawks - Hey buddy, I know, my fault, naming that rocks was wrong, it is a sort of melted lava

08 August 2007

Ok let`s take that as a start of the nest rock... I wanted to see how this works with a back light.

08 August 2007
Hey Maciej, that crystals looks great!! nice work man! , perhaps some variations on green ( one on darker green, others lighter...) only a comment Again great work!! and looking forward for more updates!

08 August 2007
Ferx - thanks I agree that it must be some color variations, I will certainly put a color noise map on all the crystals this will help...

08 August 2007

Ok because everybody says the rock doesn`t look like rock I made some changes. I think this look interesting now...
Also I added the nest which I have to improve by placing some branches here and there.
And I changed a little the point of view. I`m not sure if the crystals are not too big but let`s see when the dragon will be ready.

C&C welcomed.

08 August 2007

This starts taking shape...

08 August 2007
Line Art or Model: Dragon`s strange behaviour / color study

A colour study which looks less digital and much more painting like.

08 August 2007
Line Art or Model: Dragon`s strange behaviour / dragon model

I started some more detailed dragon. My knowledge of anatomy is same as my chinese (equal to zero) so any help is warmly welcome.

08 August 2007
Line Art or Model: Dragon`s strange behaviour / dragon model

Next tweaks, I think it`s better now but I still need feedback on overall.

09 September 2007
Hey Maciej,

First, really great neast, rocks and crystals, i liked a lot !!

About dragon, for me the last model looks nice (perhaps a bit longer neck, only a comment ) Again great work mate !!

09 September 2007
Hey those rock and crystals are looking great! the latest one has very nice lighting.. though i was reading your thread, and thought it'd be so much fun to see some lemmings here! they're like an old friend hahahahaha

but anyway good luck!

Thread Closed share thread