Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Michael Dashow

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2007   #16
I think this summs up Zachland pretty well right now:

Lots of smiles, much happiness.

But I think we all have an agreement around the house that I'd go crazy if I weren't working on something artistic, so it might as well be this. Zach doesn't begrudge me my need to create as long as I spend time with him too. It mainly means my art time is not late at night and early in the mornings.

Anyhow, it's good to be back. This part of the challenge is like coming back to summer camp after having been gone for almost a year, or getting back to school after summer vacation, and catching up with all your friends you haven't seen in a while: Hey, how's it going? How was your summer? What'd you do? What are you studying this semester?

Old 06 June 2007   #17
good luck man, lets pull out another winner =)

Old 06 June 2007   #18
OMG, that is the CUTEST baby ever! Okay, apart from mine...heh!

Glad to see you entered, Mike! Looking forward to your nonchalant and astounding brilliance....

Old 06 June 2007   #19
Hey Mike, I'm glad fatherhood isn't keeping you out of this challenge. That's one mighty cute baby by the way. Good luck mate. I look forward to watching your work develop

Old 06 June 2007   #20
Wotcha

Saying hi to some of the guys i remember from a few challenges back..................here we are again.

Looking forward to it.....good luck to you.

Paul

Old 06 June 2007   #21
yosh! good luck dude!

Old 06 June 2007   #22
Great to see you in on this one! You have a new mascot now... zach! You should update your avatar to show him being hugged by the walrus.

I'm looking forward to stalking you for this one...
*sits on the couch with her coffee*

Old 06 June 2007   #23
Hey Michael good to see you in. What a cute baby boy, you must be so proud.
Expecting great things from you as usual, have fun!

Old 06 June 2007   #24
hehe good to see you in

Sketchbook

Old 06 June 2007   #25
Great to see you again Mike! What a CUTE boy you have.

Old 06 June 2007   #26
Hi, everyone! Good to see you all again (or meet those of you who are new!)
Yeah, Zach is really cute, isn't he? I'll try to do my best not to spend the next 4 months worth of Challengeness posting shots of him, but I doubt I'll be successful!

Still thinking about the topic... It'll be a little while 'til I get my thoughts together. We have four solid months to do this thing, longest time ever, so there's no need to rush into anything. I want it to be something worth working on for one third of a year. Given that almost anything can have strange behaviour, I'm just trying to settle on what I feel like painting and what its normal behaviour would be. I'll probably want something/someone else in the scene to react to the main character, so that you can tell that the behaviour is atypical (and incredulous expressions can be fun to draw!) I've got a great idea involving trolls... but as I'm almost finished with a new painting full of trolls, I may not feel like going there again (but if anyone feels like seeing that one in progress, check out the link to my sketch-blog below.)

Anyhoo, that's all for now... Good luck everyone!

Old 06 June 2007   #27
I say go for no. 7 or no.8. I like the strength of no. 7 and the green of 8.

Old 06 June 2007   #28
Sorry, the voting has already closed! You'll get to see the final color choice eventually... I'm hoping the process will turn into a magazine article soon, but that's not nailed down quite yet.

Old 06 June 2007   #29
As long as it's 7 or 8, I'm happy... It sounds like you're considering trolls for this time around. It'll be hard fitting that into the theme without being too cliche. No better man for the job, though. What sort of ideas do you have so far?

Old 06 June 2007   #30
HI Walrus, just checked your sketchblock and love it!Personaly I prefer the "7", as theble colors make it easier to travel your eye through in some kind a way.And it's more eye-catching I think personaly.The others sketches rock also, a lot of imagination in there.great!
IndeedZach is cute,haha!A lot of inspiration han?Me love to have them around while drawing, and hear their opinions about the things they see in yor drawings.
Yap well, that was my little drop by.LAter buddy!

Thread Closed share thread