Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Blaz Porenta

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2007   #46
Line Art or Model: more characters

so here are some more defined characters... and a penguin, scaring a small dwarf warrior. When I finish with defining background as well, than I'll put more time into caricatures of their faces to make image more comic like.

DW V 2d

Old 07 July 2007   #47
Line Art or Model: changes

some changes that I made, thanks to my coworkers :) now generals of the army of darkness r asking for directions a few penguins that really dont have any clue whats going on, but anyway they r trying to help at their best :)

DW V 2d

Last edited by NinjaA55N : 07 July 2007 at 08:09 AM.

Old 07 July 2007   #48
Now Im wondering if the image isnt too unconnected or whats the right expression. Is there too many characters that crash the image on too many pieces to work as a whole? Im also asking myself if the composition works... or was I carried away in a painting process... hmmm :/

DW V 2d

Old 07 July 2007   #49
Oh, my sweet & sunny Jeezus You're off to one seriously good start. Try shuffling the zombies around that surround the map; if you can get more of the penguins' silhouettes, they'll have a stronger presence in the image. (particularly the penguin who's pointing at the Horde with he fin.)

I dunno what else I could suggest. This is amazing already; I can only imagine how much more awesome it'll be finished!
HMC #14: EX-TER-MI-NATE!
FXWARS #20: Daleks In Charlotte

Old 07 July 2007   #50
lol I love everything you've added there, this is turning out really funny man, penguins and the snowman action on the bg are working greatly, gotta say you are really benefiting from this format you chose, you're showing a lot of stuff with no chaos in my eyes.. i personally love the composition, and the lighting, less contrast is working beautifully on the darker left side. I'd just try to get the characters on the left side of the canvas as funny looking as the ones on the right side I guess, but it's still at a very early stage and it's great job man!

Old 07 July 2007   #51
Love it! the picture looks so epic as your eye scans acorss it and then..PENGUINS! lol
very nice indeed.

is the final peice going to be in Black and White? or are you going to add colour?

Old 07 July 2007   #52
Many thanks to all of u!

chrisbeaver: I was thinking to add more penguins yea, maybe far back in the background, maybe one of them will be also mixed with the crowd on the right side.. donno yet, gotta try Thnx for stoping by and giving a positive feedback!

Jeffparadox: yea, that would be really good, to make them more funny. That will be my next task. thnx!

Layer01: no, the final will be fully colored, check the previous posts to see the color scheme. Thnx for ur comment!

DW V 2d

Old 07 July 2007   #53
this is now very clear as t whats happening.. loving it

Old 07 July 2007   #54
I realy like the concept of this and your sketching stye, great progress and choice of characters.

Steve 8)

Old 07 July 2007   #55
ah yes, i hadn't seen the colour scheme. It looks brilliant btw, the style you've used is so elegant and loose, i love it.
What will your working method be? will you redo the work from skratch once you get the b/w picture done, or will you somehow colour over/under the b/w ?

Old 07 July 2007   #56
excellent

Really loving your concept, really made me chuckle. The character development is spot on I think and also like whats going on in the background. Great work look forward to further developments.

Old 07 July 2007   #57
hey very nice update. I like your concept a lot. Great characters and a special format. Great job with the lighting, focus of the maincharacters with the map, and the other guys keep in the darkness. best regards Diego

Old 07 July 2007   #58
Very nice

Hey this looks great so far. I love the idea and the composition. Good luck. Can't wait to see it finished.

Old 07 July 2007   #59
hehe,me back,haha.
Wooow Blaz!Totally digging it!Love those pingouins and snowman and all.ME ronfllll very much by seeing your image!
Lovely style also again!

Me I feel ok with the composition.I think the colors will decide if the image will be too busy or not.Knowing your skills I say"not"!!!
Maybe havin just a hand or a part of a warrior really near us on the foreground on one side of the pic could bring in even more depth.Just suggestion ofcourse.
LAter amigo!

Old 08 August 2007   #60
Hi there,NICE COMPOSITION as always.You know very wel what to do.Good luck to you,I will join later the 2d challenge right now I m in the animation challenge.

Thread Closed share thread