Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Blaz Porenta

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2007   #31
They'll could all work, but i love the crab idea......visually it would look great.

Paul

Old 07 July 2007   #32
Fantastic sketches, you could develop all three, but I like idea nº3 the most, I think it has a lot of possibilities, it could end in a lot of great images. The crab is good too, btw look at this:
http://www.syntheverse.com/images/preview/2243-024.jpg
it is an image by Bernie Wrightson. I always remember it whenever I come by an old river of Spain.

Old 07 July 2007   #33
Hello,
Glad to re-examine you here,
I think that you to go to make us good thing.
Good luck.

Old 07 July 2007   #34
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: speedpaint - concept no.4

Hi! This is my 4th concept... its about barbarian horde, maybe even army of death.. something frightening and demolishing... who are lost. In front, under the signs sits a scout, watching the map for the 100 time, behind him there is a whole army waiting unpatiently. Im thinking of extending the canvas, so I could portray more of the soldiers... some of them stuborn and unwilling to continue, some of them having fun while waiting, some of them sleeping etc. I know that this sketch is really messy but its something quick just to remember the concept.

DW V 2d

Old 07 July 2007   #35
I love your latest concept, either that or the aliens-in-general idea, I thought that was hilarious. Although this concept is just as funny...you have to give the scout a really confused look on his face, maybe having his wife nearby going 'I TOLD you we should have asked for directions at the last tavern...!'

Old 07 July 2007   #36
I love it, Blaz! love the concept, it reads really clearly, even with your scratchy spped-paint. And the colors are bold and fantastic. Go go go! I expect nothing less than the beautiful painting you did for the last Challenge.

Old 07 July 2007   #37
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Expanded version and color tweaks

Thnx guyz! I decided to go a bit further with the latest concept, since walrus and paperclip gave it a bless :D My spare would be aliens in pentagon... and thnx to Ramitxon for giving me link to that awesome image! I was stunned!
And about this last update, I extended the canvas size, gave it more unusual proportions and tried 3 different color schemes. First is this winter one, second somehow a day light but depresive mood and the last one is from hell or something. What do u think?

DW V 2d

Old 07 July 2007   #38
Yay, my blessings count!

I actually prefer the original sketch, the tighter perspective helps you to focus more on the scout (where the story lies) rather than just the army in general. Plus it has my favorite color scheme, very well balanced indeed!

Last edited by paperclip : 07 July 2007 at 11:11 PM.

Old 07 July 2007   #39
Line Art or Model: tone scheme and character design

Hi all! Long time no post :) First I'd like to thank you for voting on color scheme, I decided to go with the blue/pink one, placed in the snow environment.
But from my latest update thats not yet clearly seen coz right now Im doing a tone scheme, to place light and dark object as much correct as I can. And ofcors here are first character designs.
For character poses I used references that I made in Poser6, so its more believable as if I would go drawing them out of my head.
Im wondering what u think so far...
Best regards to all!

DW V 2d

Old 07 July 2007   #40
I love the concept, and I love they way it's developing.

The contrast is great and the flow of lines gives the whole pic movement and life.

Old 07 July 2007   #41
great composition and strong color pallete for all the three,its rather hard to choose coz all of them appeals to me.i like the wide screen format too keep it coming blaz,

Old 07 July 2007   #42
Awesome stuff! Love the long composition. Great work!

Old 07 July 2007   #43
hi i really love the idea and the speed paintings are bloody fantastic. i do not envy you though as i think it will be ahrd to portray the humour in the piece that they are lost. it might seem that they are merely taking a break and the leaders planning there next course of action. maybe a few scratching their heads might do it, but i am sure you have something in mind ..cant wait for the next update.

Old 07 July 2007   #44
Thank u for ur replies! Yes, I agree its a hard task in front of me. It should be more charicature than realistic painting and I'll try to manage that. There will be skeletons that will be freezing and that have enough of this journey, some of them will be scratching their heads, some of them will even have fun and making snowman etc... but it will have to be more in cartoonish style, especially their faces. I hope I'll manage to do that. Many thanks again!

DW V 2d

Old 07 July 2007   #45
making snow man is a great idea.. yeah will ahve to be a bit comical style i agree

Thread Closed share thread