Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: yaroslav Kravchenko

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2007
Originally Posted by icedeyes: the colors work very nicely to enhance the image... Its a great update Slav... Since this is a personal piece that you seem to love, i will support you in your decision to change the framing and composition since you know best how you want to evolve this... cent wait to see what you have in hold for us... keep it up

HEY personal or not dont stop the crits! those help me make the image not only for myself but for others too.

07 July 2007
Talking

Thanks for the comment, Yes i've been following walrus piece because of that, He rocks!!

Naaa, this is your thread so let me tell you that you rock too!!That and also let me tell you i can relate to the one you're doing and the kind of bright light you're using, I'm into that kind of scenes too... and will be following your advances closely.

MAN!! Mushrooms are the best!!

07 July 2007
Dont worry Slav... the critique will keep coming... its just that i undestand when someone wants to push his artwork one way and maybe others dont see his vision as clearly... i might imagine it one way while you might want to give it another direction... that doesn't give me something to critique, it just feels different from what i originally expected.. I will wait for an update so i can comment some more... keep it up

My online portfolio

07 July 2007
Awesome mood! I love the strangeness of your setting.
In my opinion the image lacks a bit of contrast and saturation though. But hey ... you know your way ... walk on!

07 July 2007
nice change... cant wait to see more. i feel a bit dumb but what exactly is the idea?a rck stealing a spore? i have been looking at your thread but cant seem t see te idea explained.

07 July 2007
I like the colors so far. Especially inthe upper right hand corner. Great deaph. That piece of wood in the forground is a bit distracting at the moment. Maybe you have grander plans for it?

07 July 2007
Cool hi

Hey i really like the concept. Its very original. I like the rockman, its a very nice concept. One thing that bothers me a bit, is the fact that his foot looks to organic. I cant wait till you finished off

07 July 2007
Weird, beatiful and subtile, all in one package, great concept my friend

07 July 2007
Smile

Hi Slav,

I really dig the water color effect on your far right background. Throw some more contrasts on your main subject and Im sure this one is up for something good!

Good luck and keep up the RAGE!

-Raffy

MY STRANGE BEHAVIOR ENTRY (ILLUSTRATION)

07 July 2007
Talking

wicked choice of colours buddy! my fav!

07 July 2007
Hi there!

Absolutelly fantastic drawings, sense of texture and color.
But I have to agree with icedeyes, I liked the first framing a lot more.
The first time I saw it I reacted WOW and the same is not happening with the new framing.

Best of Luck,

Zeoyn

07 July 2007
Line Art or Model: Spores

bringing out the contrast slowly, and just randomly tightening up the whole thing.

07 July 2007
yeah man.. just kleep doing what ur doing.. might i suggesr you use more atmospheric perspective .. that might look a make this miniture world look vast and also concentrate out eye on the main chracters and point of action. other than that i love it.. you ahve a vast array of colours but its working, and should all harmonise as you progress.

07 July 2007
While I feel an awful lot seems to be going on in the image, your contrasting work with the colouring is helping to punch out the focus points. I am not sure I like the stick in the middle foreground - it pulls my eye too much.

Having said that, I love the concept and the flow of the image. Nice work. Looking forward to further updates.

07 July 2007
I gotta say that I love your update buddy. There is so much going on but all have a harmony, even at this early stage.

I agree Lync about the stick in the FG, I think it could be tilted right, and/or be shorter instead. Now it looks like the creature is about to fall on it a little bit. The warm BG on the upper right corner, ah man, looks great! I love that effect, and I can't wait to see it continue all the way to the left while turning into green/blue color.

I think you have a great sense of color, that allows you to use many of them harmoniously in the same scene. Moreover, I see different textures on different shapes and colors, which makes the sketch look very rich, even at this stage! I'd like to know how many different brushes you used to get that effect? 2, 3, 5?

Keep it up my friend, lovely image..

Thread Closed share thread