Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Blaz Porenta

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2007
Thumbs up

hahaha. love the yawning skeleton..

08 August 2007
Such a cool illustration! It made me laugh, great stuff.

I love the use of colour and the detail is great.

It reminds me of something that Gary Larson from the Far Side comics would do (but his would have been a simple cartoon, not this great illustration).

Best of luck

08 August 2007
Wonderful colours and cool idea! I like the way you contrast the grim characters with the happy palette. The shapes at the left side are a little hard to read at the moment, but maybe that's just because you haven't detailed that area yet. Anyway, great job!

08 August 2007
Wooow this is just starting too work out so amazingly well;wooww m8!Me just enjoying the show so well!THe only tiny little point Ill say, but i know this will change,for me is the red clouds/mist down their feet,maybe needing a tiny bit of secondary colors in it.
HUge job!Cheers!

08 August 2007
Talking

Originally Posted by Noisetank: It looks class, the new changes are definatly improvements. If I was to offer any advice I think in terms of narrative its important that you dont make it look like the army is charging or the penguins are fleeing, as it looks pretty cut throat already (which is a good thing!) and you dont want the viewer to miss the important interaction.

I agree with that "charging army" especially the skeleton with the long word, looks like emerging from a battle.
Anyway fantastic work so far

08 August 2007
Hello again old friend, nice to see you here again.

WOW! this is an awesome image....love the characters....had a giggle when i saw the snowman.

Waiting for more
Cheers
Mark

I create therefore I am....

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

08 August 2007
This is extremely good, Blaz! The composition totally rocks!
One of the best entries so far!
Keep it up!

09 September 2007
Wow! I know many people have already said this but it deserves to be said again! I LOVE your concept, colors and composition and I really love your painting style! You have a fantastic epic, luminous feel and very funny! Nice work!

09 September 2007
This is easily my favorite piece out here so far *nod nod*

09 September 2007
looks so great, all the best with that piece!!! great artwork!

09 September 2007
Hi NinjaA55N,

great skills,
I really like the atmosphere you got going in this piece
beautiful colours
the red smoke looks sweet

keep it up

09 September 2007
haha yeah as headtrip said it could be from gary larson
heheheheheh the snowman was a cool idea

Sketchbook

09 September 2007
A M A Z I N G !

09 September 2007
Line Art or Model: further process

Slowly the image is getting together.. I changed the front character (not finished yet), coz the previous one looked flat and with him the whole image. With the new character I tried to bring more dynamic as well as pointed some composition lines back to the left side of the image (his head is turned to the left), so it somehow loses the weight of raiders breaching to the right. I hope my thoughts make sense, coz its quite late here and Im a bit tired :) Other than that, I also added a bird to the frozen characters head, arguing with one of the skeletons. Also mainly all back characters are now finished, apart from some last touches that will come at the end. More to come, hope u like the new version.

Best to all!

DW V 2d

09 September 2007
baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (stares in awe as saliva drips down his cheek) ahm... wow i'm outta word... its most definitly one of my most favorite images in this challange!!... if i cud vote i wud definitly vote for u!!... gr8 work!!

Thread Closed share thread