Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: jean-françois barthélémy

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2007   #16
hey very nice cycle u got there... loving the style and seeing a 2d entry just makes my day.... keep going its all looking good.!

Old 09 September 2007   #17
Excellent 2D cycle Jean-François !
The design of the characters is cool too !
Great entry !

Old 09 September 2007   #18
Hello!

Wow, I love that animation loop, its fantastic. My only crit would be maybe it could use a few more frames to add some more weight, but it may detract from the style and the speed of the run! So maybe not.

Ah! I see what you are doing now, with the animals at the end... Im not sure how to clarify that the office is like a jungle though. However, does that matter? because its very strange behaviour!

Cant wait to see more

And 2D is certainly not dead...

Old 09 September 2007   #19
Originally Posted by jayf: Even if I learned 3d, I still think that there are things you can't do with 3d animation (or with a crazy setup, and lot of patience!)

Absolutely. You don't throw away your hammer just because someone's invented a screwdriver . There will always be a place for 2D animation.
Strange Behaviour animation and still.
Eon animation and still.

Last edited by vmulligan : 09 September 2007 at 05:20 AM.

Old 09 September 2007   #20
Modeling: A simple car

I'm working on the environment, the colors, composition, etc... But, because the first shot is a matte painting with lots of cars, I need to have a simple. I'll use it, with different colors, on the road. I'll also use it when the girl jump on a car (it moves).

Well, not a great submission, but the next one is a lot of work (first shot).

overcontrast, gpepper> thanks a lot!! ^^

nethken> yes, this is a full speed run, but maybe there could be more weight... I decided to change the end, because this is not clear, and it is too long to make. I think I'll only show one monkey with a costume who would represent an annoying, violent boss... but I'm not sure.

vmulligan> "don't throw away your hammer just because someone's invented a screwdriver" Well chosen metaphore ^^

Last edited by jayf : 09 September 2007 at 11:58 PM.

Old 09 September 2007   #21
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread