Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: Nenad Pantic

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2007   #61
Ania: I cannot use Gelato i think, I have Radeon card! :(
I tried Kerkythea but scene was wrongly interpreded by it, in my case...
Yafray is good because it is very much integrated in the Blender, and there is a new version. Though, render time is x5 comparing to internal render, in this state, and lights must be hardly tweaked.
I think I will try to enhance scene in with Internal shading for now, adding extra lights and tweaks, trying to eliminate a little dark reflections and shadows...

Evengi: you are right, and the new storyboard will be simpyfied a little, the shallow/deep interpretation will be left in details and background, and i would like to have simple story in the front, the idea... I will take that course, especially now when i came to animation, to keep everything more close to point out what is funny in this idea.

Hen: well, someone suggested me (i think Ania did) that i should make hand bones to be builded like in human. Now, i have "human" modeling of wings, drawn in cartoon way; and realistic, bird like cunstitution of hand bones. I guess I will follow that advice.
Yet i am not sure, if I change the order of finger lenghts, that will be reverse to the human constitution... ? I hope I understood you...
And great idea with fleas! I will surely add that - if I will have time left, It can raise the atmosfere on a low-cost!
Thank you much for your observations!

I am now texturing hen, and creating shape keys for face, also improving rig.

Old 10 October 2007   #62
Shading (Textured and lit): Hen, textured and lit, facial expressions

AN update with (mainly) finished Hen. I unwarped the hen in Blender, lots of UV node editing, then painted texture in PS. There is also UV normal map for some sense of texture. I also remodeled some parts of the hen mildly. It is far from realistic, but I love this hybrid between realism and cartoonish, I think it will fit well in story. Some seams are visible and some minor tweaks to do... I will correct that on the go... it is time to start animating!

Also there is small rotation anim of the hen here:
http://www.nenadpantic.com/cgs/henturn3.wmv

Last edited by Nennad : 10 October 2007 at 09:52 PM. Reason: bad link

Old 10 October 2007   #63
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: storyboard refined

Here is refined storyboard. It is shorter for some scenes, there is less psyhology in it and less of drama, an more of fun. Movie is divided in 5 parts: Breeding, Carrying eggs, Chrushing eggs, Cooking, 5ton end.
This will be my storyboard and also Recording book, and i will imrpovise on the fly (thanks to the creative freedom of this contest). It is not excluded tat I will change or add something on the fly :).

I have created movie 15sec. first rough animation, I will post result tommorow if render goes fine.

Sorry for b/w entry, i could not compress picture more...

Old 10 October 2007   #64
Shading (Textured and lit): Animation start

http://www.nenadpantic.com/cgs/kokaanimtest1.wmv
Here is the start shoot(after title) - roughly animated (have mercy on me! :) ).

small update:
http://www.nenadpantic.com/cgs/kokaanimtest2.wmv
i changed lighting a little: area light with more contrasts instead of spotlight that was before... what say you?
I am continuing to animate....

ToDo list:
texturing/shading:
- though my itention was to create a dark corner of the room, I need some light/material settings to give more volume
-cage material
-solve some z-battle in clock and in Lucy letters
- correcting door texturng - wrong orientation of lines
- chicken tongue too much red
-egg cup material
- improving wallpapper texture - add some irregularites, destruction
- other smaller details :)
Animation:
- hens eye have to look to camera before clock (it is present, but it lasts only 3frames, it have to be at least 1 sec.)
- improving "surprise" part when hen is turnig her head down and up
- details

Last edited by Nennad : 10 October 2007 at 10:26 AM. Reason: adding another hyperlink

Old 10 October 2007   #65
Shading (Textured and lit): AnimWIP3

Animation here:
http://www.nenadpantic.com/cgs/kokaanim3.wmv

Animation update... managed to form first 45 sec of animation...

Last edited by Nennad : 10 October 2007 at 12:03 AM. Reason: adding link

Old 10 October 2007   #66
Hey there, Nenad. Great work with the animation so far. The moodier lighting really suits the piece, too, though I hope the area lights won't be too expensive in terms of rendering time.

Keep up the good work!
Strange Behaviour animation and still.
Eon animation and still.

Old 10 October 2007   #67
Cool

the animatic looks nice...but i think that is a little slow...we have to wait to much to see some action...maybe changing a little faster the cameras and cutting the shots, so we can get more fun watching the animation

Old 10 October 2007   #68
Originally Posted by melkao: the animatic looks nice...but i think that is a little slow...we have to wait to much to see some action...maybe changing a little faster the cameras and cutting the shots, so we can get more fun watching the animation

A little slow? Do you really think so? I don't know. One of my biggest complaints with a lot of computer animation is that the action is too frantic. I kind of like it when someone slows things down to establish mood.
Strange Behaviour animation and still.
Eon animation and still.

Old 10 October 2007   #69
I agree with both of you... well my itention that first part of the movie should be easier in tempo (i wanted to give some feeling of tension and expecting)... from the point where i stopped, there will be a lots of dinamic action!

I thik animation and tempo will stay the same in this part(I agree with with VIkram - i dislike too much action if I cannot comprehend it!) but will add some micro-actions or gestures to make it easier...

Thanks for guidance and support!

Old 10 October 2007   #70
lolling all over this... Can't wait to see the cookup

Good luck

toe2toe

my 3d prints

Old 10 October 2007   #71
Nice work! I love it...

Kolko nas ima... tralala

Facebook page: Maksan3D

Old 10 October 2007   #72
Shading (Textured and lit): animation segment wip

http://www.nenadpantic.com/cgs/koka4.wmv

Here is another, in duration smaller update...15 secs (But the previous animation is also here, now in real-time). This part brings more action as i promised (of course all of thes is WIP, needs adjusting
and micro adjusting :)). Finally I moved chicken out of cage so I feel kind of freedom now :).

Daddy: Tnx for support...! I am trying to make it funny/mad as I can (what is not so hard in fact - chicken is funny animal by itself!)
Maksy: Hey there, glad to see some domestic people here - thanks for morale boost! Živio!

And for Melkao: in addition to what i replied, I just discovered that the movie I posted before is little bit slower than original, because it is screencaptured video from application preview, not render :) . It is in fact 1/4 faster, as it can be seen in new video... this update is real 25 fps.

BTw how do you upload those anim previews to CGS server ? :)

Last edited by Nennad : 10 October 2007 at 07:50 AM. Reason: adding link and one sentance

Old 10 October 2007   #73
Cool

much better...now it has more life in the animation...but i think that still needs a little work...but looks pretty nice!...this will be a very fun animation to see

Old 10 October 2007   #74
Looking good mate All coming together, ahh plenty of time haha

Imagination is more important than knowledge
- Albert Einstein. ~ I live HERE

STRANGE BEHAVIOUR ENTRY

Old 10 October 2007   #75
Shading (Textured and lit): animation wip - more

http://www.nenadpantic.com/cgs/koka5.wmv

Here is wip of animation between taking of eggs till breaking of egg.
When she drops the egg agains the pan, there will be flash of ligh or something (now it looks like she is dropping the egg on the pan.

The matrix slowmotion turnaround is in the test phase... just an idea... what do you think? (as an idea?)

EDIT: I watched my movie for several times and I conclude that I like Matrix turnaround for climax! Only, I should make it 2 times slower, more precise, and with some slow motion flapping with leggs in the air! After that 3 short zooms (as for three eggs) at chicken breaking the egg rapidly, from different angles, like in Kung-Fu movies, and after that i can proceed with normal tempo cooking..)

Melkao, Trickz: Thanks for cheering me up! I'll do my best (for current abilites and skills, and life circumstances :) )

Last edited by Nennad : 10 October 2007 at 11:57 AM. Reason: adding a note

Thread Closed share thread