Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: Nenad Pantic

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2007   #1
Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: Nenad Pantic

Nenad Pantic is entered in the "Strange Behavior Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Render: Lucy's Strange Love

Last edited by Nennad : 08 August 2007 at 06:43 PM. Reason: wrong category

Old 08 August 2007   #2
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: morbid hen

ofhgh... lets go and try to manage animation and illustration challenge! :) And daily job, and family, and kids, and one another picture, and... .. :scream:

Last edited by Nennad : 08 August 2007 at 08:44 PM. Reason: starting the project

Old 08 August 2007   #3
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: morbid hen

This is about an morbid hen. In fact, poached egg lover! ;) .

I wanted to create something simple, opposed to "complicated" idea in Illustration section.

I plan to make my model as simply i can manage, yet with some crucial details. For now i plan hen, the nest, eggs, simple room,frying pan, fryer, broken eggs, fried eggs, ... well too much enough! :)

1. Hen is hatching an egg.
2. Happy seeing new eggs!
3. Hen runnings with the egs in delight.
4. Close up of breaking eggs (this could be complicated, i should see how to animate the egg liquid best and fastest)
5. Hen is frying eggs! (maybe to add chef's hat)
6. on the table, prepared to eat (maybe i will skip this scene, as maybe enough will be to show egg frying).

Old 08 August 2007   #4
Modeling: "koka" model

Here is wireframe and lit model of the main character. Not yet fully finished (suggestions are wellcome) but i guess it will not go too much in realism then this... maybe some tweaking, and of course, texture.
Done it in about 3 hours, using wings 3d.

Here is a small turntable of it (100kb):
http://www.nenadpantic.com/cgs/koka.wmv

Old 08 August 2007   #5
Modeling: rigging of chicken

Proceeded with hen rigging... took me about 4 hours to build skeleton, asign vertex group (and name them), and then test it. It is not still perfect but it is ok for now... (Blender)
Small movie here (50 kb)
http://www.nenadpantic.com/cgs/koka2.wmv

Old 08 August 2007   #6
The funny thing is that chickens actually like eggs... if you ever drop one they will run up and eat the yolk.

Old 08 August 2007   #7
sssh... dont tell anyone !
Yea that will probably happen, also they will eat shell because it will make their next eg better etc... very smart creatures!

But tis one is special, because it breaks its egg by own will, and is making poached eggs .

Old 08 August 2007   #8
Great start, Nenad. That's some very nice modelling with Wings, too. I started using Wings myself about a year ago; it's really quite a nice program, and it can compete very well with some of the commercial modellers. I never really got into Blender myself, though it looks like you really know how to push it to its limits.

Best of luck to you in this competition. I look forward to seeing what you produce!
Strange Behaviour animation and still.
Eon animation and still.

Old 08 August 2007   #9
Thanks for the words of suport, vmulligan! Yes, Wings3d is very good and I like its spartanian constitution! Only thing that is lacking is that it was not been updated for a very long time :( . I would really like to see some new features in it...!

Firstly I came to Blender because of low budget, but now I used to like it... Once you are used to its frightening interface, and comprehend its logic, it is really great tool... and it is constantly under development!

There is a great movie made with Blender, called "Elephant dream"... have a look at it to see the power of Blender in action!

Old 08 August 2007   #10
Originally Posted by npantic: Firstly I came to Blender because of low budget, but now I used to like it... Once you are used to its frightening interface, and comprehend its logic, it is really great tool... and it is constantly under development!

There is a great movie made with Blender, called "Elephant dream"... have a look at it to see the power of Blender in action!

I have played around with Blender a tiny bit -- enough to recognize that it's a pretty powerful program. I never mastered the UI, though. But yes, films like "Elephants Dream" certainly show off what the program is capable of doing. And the fact that it's an open-source program under active development is a big plus, too. My experience with open-source software programs is that they tend to be relatively reliable, and when you do find bugs, it usually doesn't take long to get someone to fix them. It is a shame that Wings updates seem to be few and far between...
Strange Behaviour animation and still.
Eon animation and still.

Old 08 August 2007   #11
lol... cool concept and a great start! Dig the rig

toe2toe

my 3d prints

Old 08 August 2007   #12
Thanks for encouragement, DaddyMack...! I surely need it, as i switched from calmer waters of illustration challenge to stormy animation sea...

I am not going out with complex demonstration of the rig yet, still need to work on some details, and shape keys... i guess Ill leave that for little bit later, concentrating more on the props now.

BTW time is leaking, and will leak even faster, anyone noticed that ?

Old 09 September 2007   #13
Modeling: modeling props

I started to model some props, directly drawing what I imagine in Wings. Here is the part of a baking arsenal. The fryier will have narrow cable fallling from the table, connected to a power panel. the chair and the table will remain simple. whole ambient should be combination of the simple style, and some art nouveau ornamented details. More and more props to come, yet must try not to overload the scene, because i will spent too much time on texturing, while main thing shoul be the chicken. I worked more on its rig, added eyes, but now I will develop props and try to assembe whole scenery.

Old 09 September 2007   #14
Great start! It will be great! Good luck!

Old 09 September 2007   #15
Modeling: Golden Cage

I decided that I will put some cage in which Lucy will lay her leggs, to reffer to chickens who spent their whole life laying eggs in a cage. But this is very luxury one, even with a hole and pipe to guide the hatched egg in a pot to collect them. This should be goodly directed, to slowly reveal whole cage and surroundings as the story develops.

Thread Closed share thread