Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: Mark E. Seljan

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2007
hey man, hehehe..just saw your concept is really amazing..and seems youre doing a nice job with the 3d as well, i have some feedback but its kind of late..lol, i think you can make some more mirroring on the uvs, like in the arms and legs, u can get much more space for the head that way, and use an smaller res texture instead ,that will optimize the scene at the end.

good luck my friend, ill be visiting

09 September 2007
Talking

Wow great work on facial expressions and cool idea with this odd tree hahah

Good luck in the next steps

09 September 2007
Modeling: Sally tweaks

Some tweaks on her. Based on comments in thread. Hope she's better. Thanks for the useful suggestions!!

09 September 2007
Very interesting character and very cool style!
I like the shader you used for the clothes especially!
Keep up!

09 September 2007
Cool

the clothes are great!...the body very nice.....keep going!

09 September 2007
Hi,

speter2 sgabe
Thanks twins! These are not used expressions. just for testing the model. facial expressions will be edited as independent left-right movements of the face. Just check your own gestures and mimicry. There's always a driver movement. For example a smile is not symmetric. Always starts with one dominant side. So these are useless, just tests to find out what the mesh can do

overcontrast
Just your work rocks mate!! Am glad you decided to use the rain idea and the solution with the single drop is the best choice for sure. Thanks fro the crits about her!

melkao
Yup, thanks mate. Am sure it could be done better, but i like to paint in 2D. This is why i keep UV parts oriented for my taste. Now it's better for me, since lotsa things tested and model-remodel few parts are a daily practice right now Good to see your process my friend! Keep it up!

coderdave
Thank you! Your point about hairline was a keylight! I dunno how could i miss that, but somehow happened. Your warning was great! Spending too much time on a work confuses the sight for sure. Shame on me

rattlesnake
Hi Jorge! Thanks for the kind words! About UVs: yup it's airy right know. For sure. It's just my taste for painting. Not exactly a production but a tweak friendly UV. Right now a full PAL render of Sally is around 51 seconds with lights and SSS shadered body. I will keep the whole thing under 2 mins with the other characters included. Normalmaps and displace (not displacement!) helps to handle it. Also reduced map sizes will be used. So just hope a week will be enough for render it out.

Nomad
Thank you mate! Inspiring words you dropped. Helps me to be focused

Quick Report:

Right now am working on cloth simulation tests and organizing layers for morphs, render and animation. Some fight with skinning you know shoulders... why a human need shoulders and fingers and legs and all hehhe. Ok just a joke. The most interesting part of skinning are these. Had to rethink cloths. Some proxies used to make animation process realtime. SkinWrap fights too. That's what am doin right now.

Have a nice day / night,

Tremo

09 September 2007
wow she is looking really fine now!! I really like her lips now... her hair, cloth, look, all r looking very good... your doing a fine job here... although a little scacular on the hair would be nice... but congrats on a gr8 update!

09 September 2007
Eddig nagyon jo! Szepen tovabb!

09 September 2007
looking cool man! I like how the clothing underneath the shirt shows thru a little bit.

I think the eyebrows are too fuzzy looking, and not smooth and even...

THE HEIST // SPECTACULAR 3D
WISH LIST // MASTER AND SERVANT CHALLENGE

09 September 2007
She is nice !

09 September 2007
Hey bro!
Okey we got it. Her clothes is very cool. In connect with facial expressions I am sure you are right. You are the man! It is shaping well, just keep up the good work.

09 September 2007
More and more personality for each update - splendid work here, the clothes looks great. I think you've found a good level of realism for this one. I'm so looking forward to the next step with the animation of the clothes.
I always learn a lot of new stuff from your threads, thanks for that

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

09 September 2007
Smile nice

omg she is looking hot!

09 September 2007
Cool! Finally a tree revenge! Good job!

09 September 2007
Ouch... Wrap deformer and me have never been friends... Good luck with all the problem solving T! I know you're up to it... btw the babe looks awesome

toe2toe

my 3d prints

Thread Closed share thread