Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: Mark E. Seljan

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2007   #16
Hi everyone,

ania
Thank you ania! Yes, ears are wrong, for sure. there's no plasticity yet. Lips are ok. You see a too subdivided are there. It's on level 3 or 4 in ZB. In max (and for render) it will be on level 1, with a simple turbosmooth. Thanks for the comment. I want to create a nice but interesting female character. Last challenge i made an ugly man. Just like to keep kontrasts.

Gord
Thanks mate! I try to push it forward. Am busy with works these days, again. Maybe have to throw away my cell

oferkapota
Thanks for the kind words! About these rigs: Made with CAT. From Softimage. One of my friend mentioned from a hungarian game developer firm. It's pretty cool. Quite easy to create and animate custom rigs. It's a system of modules, like spines, arms, legs etc.. It has the ability to give form with an editable mesh (nor editable poly) in max. You can use mirrors for the geometry. It's pretty fast. These were few hours. It woth the time, if you want to animate with less geometry during scenery. Really a speedup for viewport updates. Once you've built it you can save it. Forms are saved directly into the rig. Check the web for details. Called Character Animation Toolkit on fullname. Thanks for the good question mate!

tnads
Köszönöm szépen! Thanks a lot neighbour! I've seen your stuff with chickens I liked it. I've seen it few years ago too, as i remember. Good to meet here with you. Iparos voltál te is esetleg?

ok, now i try to pick up the line again after a short break new works waiting, so no time for relax. Let's pop up the hood...

have a nice day/night!

Old 08 August 2007   #17
Modeling: Tony_model_startpack

Started to playin around Tony's model, here is the mesh for skinning. Teeth and tongue missing right now.

Old 08 August 2007   #18

Tony in ZB

Old 08 August 2007   #19

Tony in ZB

Old 08 August 2007   #20

Tony in ZB. Not too detailed, just wanted to start with this too. Have to recheck few things. I'll search for more references. Skeleton, videos, etc..
All the things help to come alive.

Old 08 August 2007   #21
A stunning start Tremo!.. Great to see you pushing the realism here again mate

toe2toe

my 3d prints

Old 08 August 2007   #22
Pretty funny idea man! The dog model is looking really great. I'll keep my eye on this one!

CGNUGGETS - character process training
[/color]

Old 08 August 2007   #23
That is some ugly-cute doggie Very nice start for your modeling, I like her face as well.
The CAT system sounds really interesting, I remember looking at it in the past but quite not understanding how it would be useful. I'll check it out again.
Will you give the dog fur or keep him well cut?
Hanging around waiting for youe next update - it should be soon counting the speed you got started in.

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

Old 08 August 2007   #24
I like the model of the dog and the woman is turning out good.

Old 08 August 2007   #25
hey nice to c u again here mate... gr8 concept u got there and nice modeling... cant wait to see more of it... c ya around

Old 08 August 2007   #26
Hiiii,

DaddyMack
Yeah, it's funny. I like toons so much, but you see what happened. I think the idea works better with realistic elements. It's more surprizing, when the real yaction comes.

Sandpiper
Thank you mate! Good to know you around!

Gunilla
Thank you Gunnie. This type of dogs are funny i think. And they movements also. Am watching videos. Have to say these are lil "idiots". Sweets.
About fur. I wont use hair or fur in my scene. Currently working on optimalizations. One frame must be under 2 minutes if it's possible. Still don't know mentalray or simple scanline. mr 5 times slower or more. I want to keep render session under a week on both machines here. So try to avoid this memory eater effect. About CAT. I tried motionbulider before, and have to say that's a very good tool. If i only had biped and quadruped characters i'd choose that. But CAT has it's most important features. Custom rigging and you can stay in your main program. It's important right now, coz i want to use reactor dynamics and particle flow for animate the tree's pee and the movement as roots "exploding up" below the ground. CAT's shaped rig is also good if you turn it to a rigid body collection. You don't have to remodel proxies for a subdivided mesh. Less layers in scene too. An other point. There will be some clothes. Skirt and blouze of Sally. It will be animated with a simple flex modifier. I want it to be viewport active. Cloth extension is too slow for my timeframe. So some deflectors must be attached to the rig, for nice movements. Coz of these reasons, i choze CAT now. In max9 biped works better in my experience, layers etc, and of course it's easier if you have to go back few frames and repair, but CAT's "ground control" is easier. And for me the best is the IK/FK slider. It's simply animateable. For example when a character jumpin. Start with IK in the air FK when contacts again back to IK. It's nice and clean.
huh, it was a long post.. soooory

Zethriel
Thank you mate! And welcome

overcontrast
U too! Thanks for you comment! I checked you stuff and had some idea. Let me know what you think..

Have a nice day/night,

Tremo

Old 08 August 2007   #27
Great idea and great start Mark !
Nice to see you joining us !

Old 08 August 2007   #28
That's one cheeky looking pooch Tremo, will fit in great with your concept. I always admire your skills.

Steve 8)

Old 08 August 2007   #29
Hey - thanks for filling me in on your plans. It's going to be a treat to follow - especially looking forward to see the use of reactor this way. I've just downloaded the demo for CAt and will test it as soon time permits.

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

Old 08 August 2007   #30
That's a beautiful mesh you got there!
Can't wait to see it with texture and fur!
Good luck!

Thread Closed share thread