Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: Sean Langford

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2007
Shading (Textured and lit): Chopper WIP: Tall Nuns Bike

Another view of the chopper. (Theres another one on the previous page).

Last edited by slangford : 08 August 2007 at 04:29 AM.

08 August 2007
dude! just went thru your whole thread and wanna compliment you on the consistent style and humour that dominates this piece... The big mama is gorgeous and her laid back pose really contrasts the effort of movement in the bike. Loving it all!

toe2toe

my 3d prints

08 August 2007
i love your style.... in special these little details.... for example: mirriors...

congratulations.

08 August 2007
Thumbs up Woooops!

Now it looks even more gReAtE Sean!
Btw what's that thing on center of 2nd image? is it an air filter?! if so I think it didn't match the whole design either in color, form and scale! it looks more like a floor lamp to me atm; Btw just my look!! other than that I really love this bike! looks like a good wallpaper in this level yet!
it has a great stylized form! really great design on that! congratulations man!
Gl,

mim,

08 August 2007
Thanks for the wonderful comments guys! They definatly help keep me motivated.

Rob: Thanks! I think Big mamma is going to be one of my favorite ladies. I plan to have her with more of a race pose... all hunched over with a need-for-speed attitude and a little black helmet (complete with goofy chinstrap and little spike on top). I will post some more progress soon I hope.

Thomas: Sweet! Im glad someone noticed! I think that the little things will help sell the image and the characters. They kinda show how these bike were made for the sisters! (ps. My wife absolutly loves your entry... great idea!)

Mim: Im glad you like it.. coming from someone as talented as yourself is a great compliment. Yes that is an air filter. Its kind of a popular choice for the custom motorcycle crowd around here, but I see what you mean. I'll try out a couple of different ideas too.

More updates soon...... I hope!

08 August 2007
gr8 style man.. its looking fine... love the extreme exagerrations of the bike... cant wait to see what more u do with this... keep up the good works!

Last edited by overcontrast : 08 August 2007 at 04:25 PM.

08 August 2007
Lookin Super sick man! Do you think you'll put any images on the tanks?

08 August 2007
Cool

JAJAJAJAJAJAJA...really cool idea...jajajaja i'm serius...very original...i will wait for updates!

08 August 2007
looking good man!! like the concept and your well on your way.

you can do soem great details with that composition as well. maybe a cross patterned tread on the tires or something. also could do some stuff with rosary beads maybe.

iono. like the composition you got goin.

08 August 2007
Shading (Textured and lit): Modeling WIP: Two Bikes

I finished the first bike and then retro-fitted most of the engine parts onto the second bike for consistancy's sake...and cause I didnt want to build them again :) But except for the paint jobs, (which I will work on more during the texturing phase) these two bikes are pretty much final.

08 August 2007
Thumbs up you rock!

awesome dude

08 August 2007
Hey sean..

Great stuff going on in this thread im diggin the concepts, cracking stuff. Love the look of the bikes too man, its all awesome. Lookin forward to seeing more.....

Good luck man

08 August 2007
definitely one of my favourite entries! I love toony shapes with a touch of realism to the render.

maybe it's to late for ref pics, and not that it's really needed. but here you go just in case it can give some inspiration:
http://www.andersehrenborg.com/TEMP/Bikes.jpg
the 1st of those sculptures are amazing IRL!

08 August 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Tall Nun WIP

So here is the 'Tall Nun' w.i.p. I guess I should name them huh? Anyway, This is just the base setup, nothing too detailed yet. I will unwrap her later and do some fun little detail work in zbrush. But I thought I show some progress shots.

PS. Thanks for the reference Fellah! Those are fantastic and exactly what I needed :thumbsup:

Last edited by slangford : 08 August 2007 at 07:18 PM.

08 August 2007
Classic! I really enjoy all of the curves and angles Sean... there's so much contrast and unity going on in here... Love it!

toe2toe

my 3d prints

Thread Closed share thread