Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: Carlos Félix

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2007
Modeling: Ear

I modelled the ear separately, imported the model and bam!-she can hear you now! :) to model an entire ear in quads is a good exercise!

08 August 2007
He... I "h"ear you man! Modelling a ear is really a very good exercise... specially to your patiente! And detail... Very good ear!

08 August 2007
Thanks, Dmacb!
Her temple still seems a bit lumpy, and the I'll have to try and rig the eyes too see if they'll work like this. On to further modelling, then I'll try and export the whole thing to ZBrush!

08 August 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: underwater

In my gung-ho excursion into the world of 3d animation I'm always taking one step forward and two steps back. This time I just thought that the scene would be too void with just an ocean plane for scenery, even though the "monster of the depths" anglerfish should be a deep waters fish. So a small scary island or reef would make a far more interesting setting for this - think Kong or the forbidden area of the Blue Lagoon... so here's a quick sketch thingie!
On a side note, I have a bit of turmoil going on in my personal life. My ex's mother is dying of cancer and shouldn't make it to the end of the year, unfortunately. Yesterday I discovered that a dear friend of mine had an edema (hemorragy) that was compressing her spinal cord at the bottom of the pyramide (neck -- 2/3 occlusion yikes!). I would like to dedicate this work I'm doing to them - one I know is going to pass away and the other who nearly did.
Thanks.

08 August 2007
Modeling: anglerfish modelling

Here is some further development of the anglerfish model. It's in separate pieces which I'll later join together.

08 August 2007
Modeling: head modelling

And here's some further modelling on the head. I tried a more extreme pose to see how the topology would hold up. So far so good, I guess...

08 August 2007
Modeling: 60 days left...

Here's the topology for the head: some pretty basic edgeloops around the major openings and along wrinkle lines. There are "only" 60 days left in this competition, so I don't think I'll be able to finish it. oh well.

08 August 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread