Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: Carlos Félix

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2007   #16
Thanks, Bill Stout and Brian Anderson! The mermaid head is just a preliminary sketch I did just for the hell of drawing a pretty girl. I think later on I'll just grab some reference pics of Jessica Biel, Adriana Lima and Laetitia Casta! Or a Brazilian actress named Camila Pitanga...

Old 07 July 2007   #17
Wow, this is a really great idea! I can't wait to see how it goes. I like the legs with fins for digits, very cool.

Old 07 July 2007   #18
Very nice sketch, the Anglerfish, Would love to see it in 3d!
Keep going!

Old 07 July 2007   #19
Hi DrFx!

Very cool idea and sketch! Lovely mermaid... I think it's well worth the bite...

Keep up!

Dmacb

Old 07 July 2007   #20
Cool

Hey ...thats a cool idea...very fun...keep going!

Old 07 July 2007   #21
Nice idea, I'll be following this one

Old 08 August 2007   #22
Thanks for the kind comments, jamwae, varma, Dmacb, melkao and OreoJackson!
Sorry for the lack of updates, just been (still am) busy with Viz classes plus lack of internet connection at home, so I won't post anything until Friday! I finished a very basic storyboardand came to the conclusion that I'll have more or less 29 cuts. I did start modelling the fish, but since I'm a bit of a noob at rigging and animating, I'll have to do some small experiments, probably with some simple fish! Once I'm done with the classes and set up the internet at home, I'll post the stuff.

Old 08 August 2007   #23
hey nice drawings... but i think i saw some1 in this challange doing the exact same thing... please do some research.

Old 08 August 2007   #24
Hi Dr.Fx!

Where are you attending to Viz classes??? Good luck with the fish modelling and rigging... Hope to see more updates from you... (but I can't speak much, I haven't updated in some time now...)

Fica bem e boa sorte!

Old 08 August 2007   #25
Overcontrast: Yikes!!! I had this idea some time ago, I swear I didn't take it from anyone here. I hardly have time to browse through all the entries, so I apologise if this is too similar to anyone's idea, although this is a recurrent theme in much fiction. I think I got inspired by the anglerfish scene in Finding Nemo.
DmacB: Obrigado! I'm giving Viz classes in Flag Lisbon. Not a very experienced instructor, but I hope my students are enjoying it! I surely am!

Old 08 August 2007   #26
Hi Dr.Fx!

I'm sure your students appreciate you. A guy doesn't need to know everything... it just has to be modest and know its limits and constantly try to overcome them... I wouldn't mind being a 3Ds Max instructor... in a couple of years...

Again... Boa sorte!

Old 08 August 2007   #27
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Storyboard

DmacB: Thanks!

I'm still alive... Though rather busy! here's a storyboard I finished some days ago, I'm gonna start modelling now. Here we go!

Old 08 August 2007   #28
Modeling: Modelling head

Started modelling the mermaid's head. I'm a bit unsure about the edgeloops still as I'm trying to get away with as few as possible. She's going to have a few expressions such as:
- an inexpressive "bland" face
- a seductive smile
- singing

CNCWE1!

Old 08 August 2007   #29
Modeling: head proxy

And here's the symmetric proxy! The eyes still need some work and I have yet to add ears and hair, she's got no nostrils, etc. I'm modelling the anglerfish simultaneously.

Old 08 August 2007   #30
Modeling: Angler Fish model

Here's the model for the anglerfish I'm doing simultaneously with the mermaid. I'm doing it as separate parts - fins, arms, head, body, etc. - to simplify the work, and in the end I'll put them all together. It's quite fun to model freaky stuff!

Thread Closed share thread