Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: Thomas Haas

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: first camera blocking

Hi there. This is the fist draft of the camera blocking and sound.

So far the last scene, where the astronaut leaves the rocket not done. Youll have to wait for that one.

anyways. I would love to hear what you think.

cya!

EDIT: Click the picture to see the .mov file....

Last edited by aghill : 09 September 2007 at 08:23 PM.

09 September 2007
nice animatics man... everything looks good... but I hope the peeing dosent go for that long period of time LOL. nice goind keep up the good works!

09 September 2007
Hey, champ.

First: The whole scene looks absolutely fantastic. I can see you're in the business

Secondly: The animatic is great too. Especially the car movement is superb But as you point out, we still need the ending to give a complete feedback. Keep rocking

09 September 2007
great animatic!

09 September 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: first animation

Hey!

Ive been having a little pause lately... Civilization 4 is just such a great game!!!

Aaanyways. I bagan working with the animation yesterday - thought I wanted to update my project here.

Check it out here or click the picture

Hope you like it. Do tell me whatever you think.

Take care.

09 September 2007
overcontrast: hehe - I kinda like the idea of having this REALLLY long peeing time. I think its kinda funny - but maybe im wrong. Ive shortened it a bit in the newest version

MartinNielsen: Hey Marting. Thanks! hope you like the new version!

medunecer: thanks

Still much to do... work work.

09 September 2007
it's still too long in my opinion (the viewer gets bored when the same thing lasts too long)
I would stop it around the 33 or 34 second.
flush noise is missing
apart from that it's becoming really nice.

Last edited by ania : 09 September 2007 at 09:56 PM.

09 September 2007
Hi there! I really like your style and everything looks awesome! I am a begginer here! But can see a good work in this! BTW what is that software you are using? what tools and tutorials can you recommend me so I can begin this Modeling Animation Trip

Thanks!

09 September 2007
I believe aghill is Maya user

09 September 2007
Great!
Looking foward to do something like that soon! I want to model my unborn Baby, he is coming on February 2008!! haha watn to model him as soon as he is out!

09 September 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Ahhhniiihmateeehng

Hi there chaps!

An update is apropriate I guess. Ive been animating the last couple of evenings, when I had the time.

I even made a rendertest, to check if this will ever get rendered. Looks okay so far. For now im gonna use a color-pass rendered with final gather, and a depth pass. Nothing more. Better keep it simple af able to finish it, than not being able to finish it...

heres the result so far with the animation. Maybe I got some renders for you next time:D

Click here or click the image
cya.

09 September 2007
ania: hi there. Ive tried to shorten up the peeing in the latest. The whole short has become a bit longer now, with the second scene adding another 100 frames. Im glad you like it

ZeroHart: as Martin writes, I am a maya user yea. I guess you can find alot of resources on these forums to learn whatever 3D-package you want to learn. Alot of wise guys and girls hanging around in the alleyways of Cgtalk, ready to answer your questions I would say, that starting with modelling your baby would be some big task. Good luck

now... sleepzzzZzZzzz

09 September 2007
Wow. great work overall. You deserve to sleep

Vincent

monstrorama
website
blog

09 September 2007
Shading (Textured and lit): Another animation update

Hey there.

Another animation update this weekend. I only need one scene now.

Check it out HERE

I updated the set a bit. Added a tree to the forground to get better depth in the opening shot.

When all the scenes are done im gonna run them through and clean up the animation a bit more.

Furthermore I want another look on the clouds. More sphere-like so they adapt to the tree shapes a bit better.

Looks like ill have 10 days to render it out - im gonna need it!

anyways - cya!

09 September 2007
authentic: thanks man. Yea sleep is needed

Thread Closed share thread