Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: ofer kapota

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2007
Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: ofer kapota

ofer kapota is entered in the "Strange Behavior Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Shading (Textured and lit): Corridor progress

07 July 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Character sketches

These are first sketches for the character's head. I aim for a generic head, with no specific personality.

07 July 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Enviroment sketches

Some early sketches of the enviroment. It consist of a moody corridor and a room full of closets.

07 July 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Enviroment sketches

Some early sketches of the enviroment. It consist of a moody corridor and a room full of closets.

07 July 2007
I am sorry for this double post. My web-browser is causing me lots of problems latley.

07 July 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Coloured concepts

I made some coloured sketches for the character's cloths.

07 July 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Lamp sketches

Just some experiment for the kind of lamp I want, maybe I'll go with something else.

07 July 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Lamp sketches

Just some experiment for the kind of lamp I want, maybe I'll go with something else.

07 July 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Scene prototyping

I am using Houdini for prototyping my scene. I created a digital asset and can control many parameters of the corridor.

07 July 2007
Am I the only one who is having troubles with this site ?

Anyway, I want to explain some about my idea:
I will be making a short animation of someone walking through a corridor and entering a room full of closets. During the first part of the animation only the shirt or pants are visible. When the character approches a closet and opens it, the camera takes back and we see there is no man inside the clothing, but the man is inside the closet! Then the clothing wear the man, who suddenly come alive, and walks out.

Currently I'm prototyping the enviroment using Houdini, and I plan to use Modo/ZBrush for modelling, Maya or Houdini for the cloth, and maya for rendering.

Unfortunatley I can only post entries and work on it once a week, until I'll get my new laptop...

07 July 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Closet digital asset

Another digital asset for the closet. I can control many parameters. Maybe I'll use it only for choosing shape and proportions, then switch to modo for the final model.

07 July 2007
Now that is a Strange idea, but I like it....
Are you going to have just one man in the closet? Or are the clothes going to have several different choices?... A strong brunette?, a macho blonde with a mustache?, a smart red-head?, kinda like we have choices in what shirt to wear....

Good luck!
_slang

07 July 2007
Actually I thought about using only one generic head and body. One with no personallity. But add several walking characters (In the end of the animation) each wearing different clothing.

But I like your idea, and maybe I'll use it, thanks.

07 July 2007
Modeling: Corridor model

I started modelling the corridor. I thing I will replace the ceiling with a translucent one. To let the light come from outside.

07 July 2007
Shading (Textured and lit): Corridor render

This is a render of the corridor. Still not textured, I just played around with the lights now. It is lit by HDRI and some lights. What do you think?

Thread Closed share thread