Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: Jesse Sandifer

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2007
Andrew-101: Yeah, that's kinda right in line with what I was thinking too. Kind of a slow reveal as to what's going on. Perhaps starting on the stool and sphere and seeing clumps piling up on the floor, hearing sounds in the background, some grunts, etc.

I'm thinking that animating this wacky thing is going to take some serious effort in order to make it convincing and true to the concept. That's why I'm glad we have almost four months on this thing!!

AndreiSzasz, RhyderKey, DogMan3d: Thanks a lot! I'm glad the concept is understood.

CGNUGGETS - character process training
[/color]

07 July 2007
Wow. Very original concept. I love it. What is in his left hand ?

Vincent

monstrorama
website
blog

07 July 2007
GReat concept

only little remark: the pensil looks better as thick as it is in the last one. The thin one is too thin. But i would make it stick out at the bottom side of the hand so you can see clearly it's a pencil.

cheers and much fun

07 July 2007
authentic: I'm not sure which hand you are referring to, but there's a pickaxe in one, a pencil in another, a polishing rag in another, and the last one is picking off chunks.

Nothingness: Yeah, I drew the big pencil in there for the same reason. The previous one looked too tiny. I didn't feel like extending out the business end of the pencil in the last drawing because I got lazy.

[/color]

07 July 2007
Yes, great concept and very cool to see your progress of the concept sketch. When I saw the first one, the black stain, I thought "hey I'm not the worst sketcher afterall " but than I scrolled down and noticed the progress and I was humbled again.

I thought it looked more like 'rock' but when you said 'chocolate'... it somehow did start to look tasty.

I have one 'small' comment, I guess it's just me, but I think the size of the first ball made the situation more obvious/clear. Now it's a bit like he's trying to make himself like that 'small' orb rather than perfectly round.

Anyway, I look forward to see the 3D version!

07 July 2007
Yeah, I see your point there. Once I get to 3D land, I think the scale and proportion will play itself out better. I'm really looking forward to sculpting this out in ZBrush. Genius tool for I want to do with this. More to come in 3D soon.....once I start.

[/color]

07 July 2007
Absolutely brilliant concept. Love it and agree with will be a killer animation! Good luck!

07 July 2007
3D !
when Jesse ? We are waiting !

07 July 2007
gonna start today at lunch! I'm pretty pumped, although I'll be more in the mode of setting up proper proportions and composition and all that first....

[/color]

07 July 2007
Wow, very original idea, and indeed strange behavior - trying to be something that you are not. How many people and how many time did-and-do it again and again!

Love it very much! Can't wait for 3D implementation!

Good luck!

Steampunk (Video)
Musi panels: A, B, C

07 July 2007
Nice idea, I'll be watching for sure!

Good luck!

07 July 2007
You know Im keeping an eye on this one.

07 July 2007
Hey man, cool concept! Just came across it, didnt know you were in this... Makes me wanna enter. Cool work

07 July 2007
The more the merrier Jason. It's good exercise!!

[/color]

07 July 2007
Modeling: face progress

I've blocked out the body and have started to sculpt the face in. Trying to get a feel for the personality right now. Plus, I kept the eye and tongue separate just in case I decide to animate that stuff....I haven't really got an idea for what my animation detail will be....

Click here for higher res

[/color]

Last edited by Sandpiper : 07 July 2007 at 12:15 PM.

Thread Closed share thread