Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: Zubuyer Kaolin

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2007   #46
slangford: Thanx, the preavious concept was pretyy heavy and im not sure i cud have ever finished it. But lets c what i can do with this one.

Versiden: Thank you, yeah that sould be fun.

infoarq: Thank you very much buddy.

Wayne jermaine: Thanks you too.

melkao: LoL thanx

thebest: Thanks.

Old 08 August 2007   #47
I glad you came up with a story for this guy.... but the story should have more of an ending. Like whats under the umbrella? or maybe it starts to rain an the little creatures needs his help to stay dry? Or maybe he opens his umbrella to try and be as pretty as the flowers and something falls out and thats what everyone laughs at.... Just some ideas, but you should really work on a more concrete ending. I think it would really help.

_slangford

Old 08 August 2007   #48
slangford: Thanx for the comment man. That was just the general idea. I'll be working on the story more. As for the ending i think its there. If u have read my story post then u'll notice the story idea begins with the character entering the scene, then soemthing happens and he leaves the scene really embarressed. So now i have to work on the gags to make it more funny and... well... strange. Thanx again for ur comment and ideas.

Old 08 August 2007   #49
I like this groteque character concept!
And the idea that the little creatures could laugh about sth. they can see from below/under the umbrella. I'm curious how your story develops.

Old 08 August 2007   #50
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Character Concepts

Hi there,

Here is a quick character exploration. I'll be doing some color studies of these later on. I'm working on the storyboards at the moment.

Old 08 August 2007   #51
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Storyboard

Here is the storyboard. It got most of the ideas for the animation. Although there seem to be a lot of boards in it but the animation wont be longer then 1:30 minutes. Do give me your thoughts on it...

Old 08 August 2007   #52
Hi OC, I can't quite tell what's going on in your boards but there's no question that it looks like loads of fun... Really wacky style you've got going here too

toe2toe

my 3d prints

Old 08 August 2007   #53
Hi mate,

I try to avoid to type a fanpost here. but honestly am impressed by your characters and sketchez. Storyboard was a bit cloudy for first. After i read your previous comment on that it's absolutely clear now.

I was thinkin' what can i tell you. Honestly i see lotsa entries here most of them are strange, or characters are strange, but where is the strange action? I ask this question time to time. In your entry there is a great potential to create something stunning. What i mean exactly?

Now you have strange and funny characters. The action itself is funny too but not enough surprising right now. Ok try to share my idea, but have to dig in my english

1. Umbrellaguy playin around.
2. Creatures watch him
3. Startin' crowdin around him (laugh etc..)
4. weather turns rainy
5. Creatures start crowdin under him..
6. They recognize this guy is so funny.. (from below)
7. Umbrellaguy surprized by rain (he really don't like that)
8. he closes himself and escape..try to avoid to be wet ( scared as hell..rain..oh noo, what will happen with my beauty...)
9. Creatures stay in the rain and laugh... cam out

Sorry mate if i missed here something and wrote a helpless post. Just personally think this rain thing can add an extra plus. I think an umbrella who scares from rain..is a really strange action and behavior.

Thanks for your comment on my thread too. Best luck in the challenge

Mark

Old 08 August 2007   #54
Thumbs up u got mail!!

hey dude i looove your new idea, nice storyboarding ma fren

Old 08 August 2007   #55
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Storyboard Reviewed

Hi guys here is the storyboard with explanations. Guess it was difficult to understand in the last board. I also had a tiny change in one of the shots.

Next time I'll probably come back with some color exploration or models.

Till then... have fun

Old 08 August 2007   #56
macling: Thanx for the comment buddy.

DaddyMack:
Thanx man.

Tremoside:
Hey thanx for the nice review and ideas buddy. I actually thought about the rain Idea at first. But dropped it bcause it was lenthening the story a lot. And on the other hand the STRANGE BEHAVIOUR in this story is the little creatures laughing at the bottom of an umbrella. What can be under there that is so funny right? And the way I'm picturing the creatures laughing in my mind should be quite strange. Lets see what i can do about it. \

Thanx again for ur nice comment. Ur doing a gr8 job with ur entry!

Wayne jermaine: Thank you pal!

Old 08 August 2007   #57
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Storyboard Editted

Yet another storyboard edit.

Some of the guys here and some people who saw this, suggested that i bring some rain in the story. I thought about this when i developed the Polkarella character but i thought it would make things complected (FX and all). But tonight i sat down to actually think how i can put the rain in this stroy but also make it simple. So I came up with the idea of dropping only one drop of water on Polkarella and make him go nuts. I thought that would be funny and then through another gag as the small creature looks at Polkarella's bottom and laughs their heads off.

So please tell me what you guys think about it, I need some feedback this time!

Old 08 August 2007   #58
Hi overcontrast! I went through your storyboard and I like your idea about the clip!
Really cool! Your drawing style is very nice and fresh!
About the rain, you wouldn't have to worry about doing it in your 3d package, where
it can easily be achieved whitin most composition apps like After effect or combustion!
Waiting to see how this will turn out!
Good luck!

Old 08 August 2007   #59
Modeling: Polkarella Modeling Wip

Hi guys. I started modeling Polkarella today. I'm almost done with it. Here is a render of the model in dummy texture and shading.

I would love to hear your thoughts about this...

Old 08 August 2007   #60
Smile dudeeee

thats soo cute man.. keep em coming

Thread Closed share thread