Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: Juraj Molcak

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2007   #31
Hi Oweron! Great to see you here! I love your idea! (-infact i had a kind of similar idea with perhaps a touch more of an S&M overtone to it! -lol -looks like i wont be doing it now!) Loving your sketches -cant wait to see how you go -and looking forward to learning even more from you this time around! Good luck!

Old 07 July 2007   #32
Hey Selina!

Nice to see you around again. I am not sure if I can see connections between our threads. Can you be more specific why you want to rethink your concept? Feel free to ask as much as you want, thatīs the other ( and better ) part of this challenge - to learn Good luck!

Old 07 July 2007   #33
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: the block

Okay. "The Block" concept is growing. Here is the list of characters. The story will be pretty simple - something around 1,5 minute of their "ordinary day time". 6 - 7 characters in simple animation and I have plans to finish it till the end of september so I will have time to move this idea for the illustration still entry. Hope you like this idea. Comments are more than welcome. Cheers,

Old 07 July 2007   #34
Hi
Interesting sketches. I like that alligator turtle consept alot.
Goodluck man.

WWW.ALI-RAHIMI.NET

Old 07 July 2007   #35
My personal fav is actually the one in post 7. Mainly becuase its so surreal and could lend itself to some awesome modeling.
Great sketchs I love them all.

Old 07 July 2007   #36
@ ali-rahimi-shahmirzadi - thanx for feedback. Yeah, the "turtledile" or "turtlegator" is fancy one. So it probably will take a place in final animation and composition.

@ aurora - yes, the sureal one was nice "mind stretching" for the begining, but I canīt see very cheerful animation with such a thing so I decided to run with more "funky silly grounded idea of the block". It may look a bit mainstreamish but I have some kind of "think about it" composition in my mind so it may also have surreal impact to this show. I also decided to practise my characterīs developing skills which actually will be better this way. But you are right, that surrealistic is atractive looking but a bit heavy weighted to me, compare to the header of this challenge. Cheers,

Old 07 July 2007   #37
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: universal character

call it blue print, lol

Old 07 July 2007   #38
Modeling: universal character - head wip 1

howdy folks! I fired up my first polygons today. Head is here. Well, still wip but I think I will be able to move those characters into the third dimension.

Old 07 July 2007   #39
love that idea. one of the ideas with most potential in this challenge, in my opinion. and i am glad you are trying out a very stylised style for it. even though i think it might be a bit to brave to make so many characters in 3d for just one scene. but, it's called "challenge" for a reason.

Old 07 July 2007   #40
Hi Oweron!

Sorry i havent got back for ages- work and such!

Lol -i dont think i was very clear. I meant i had had a similar idea- although when i looked through the challenge i saw your fabulous idea - so decided instead on the idea im doing now -as i didnt want to do something too simliar to anyone elses. (Think im the only one with an anteater having tea so now i dont need to worry!) So basically in a round about way i was saying i liked your idea!

Anyway -im loving your designs and model! -As always your bringing a fabulously unique style into the mix!

Old 07 July 2007   #41
howdy folks!

@fellah - thanx for cheerin' me up! About the count of characters, they hopefuly will not sit on their asses just for this one. I also will make them all out of "universal mesh" I am working on right now. So after building and UVing I will just tweak, sculpt and paint over, all in very simple style (definitely not kind of mudbox high). Schedule - July = universal mesh and rig, August = characters and stages, September = animation, October = final touch ups + illustration/poster... No room for mistakes, lol

@sel - yeah, I thought it has to be something you didnīt show us. Donīt need to be sorry, I am very light replyer this time too. So, I am happy that you cut your free time to type in here.
Thank you!

Old 07 July 2007   #42
Great start on the modeling Oweron, i wondered how your wonderful sketches would equate to 3d. Wonderful.

Steve 8)

Old 07 July 2007   #43
Modeling: universal body - male beta

Final male body wannabe. Just need to tweak a bit with fresh eyes and make the female out of it, than UVs... Comments and Crits are welcome as usual. Thanx

Old 07 July 2007   #44
Modeling: unicharacter - male and female

hope you like īem

Old 07 July 2007   #45
Modeling: unicharacter - male and female

here is lil overpaint to see how the characterisation will go.

Thread Closed share thread