Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: Jesus Bibian

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2007
Talking

yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! great to c u again bro! its been so long!

this is one crazy concept! me lookin forward to more updates! take care ma man!
good luck to u! n god bless!

07 July 2007
Yeah, it's been a while! Great to have you stop by, bro!

07 July 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Concept - Model Sheet - Melon no clothes

Here's the model sheet for my "Melon" character. He's in his undies for now as I plan to design the little bit of clothing that he'll have on later. I'll also give him a couple of flint stones for starting the fire and perhaps some extra accessories (i.e. necklace, piercings, etc.). Crits welcome! :)

07 July 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Concept - Model Sheet - Gramps no clothes

Oops...double post.

Last edited by ChewyPixels : 07 July 2007 at 04:04 PM.

07 July 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Concept - Model Sheet - Gramps no clothes

Here's the concept sketch for my Gramps character...with and without beard. Still not certain how I'm going to handle the beard (hair simulation or a modeled beard). I'll decide when I get to that point.

07 July 2007
After reading the categories section of this challenge, I've decided to change my plans for this competition. The animation category specifically states that "Character animation is the primary criteria for the Master and Excellence awards in this category." As I'm going for the big prizes , I will need to do some major character animation with these characters which is going to require a LOT more work than I had planned. As a result, the plan is to concentrate and complete the animation on the cavemen characters first. This includes modeling, texturing, rigging, animation, effects, etc. I'll also require an environment for the characters. If, and that is a huge "IF," I finish this whole scene with the cavemen characters and still have more time to create more work, I'll begin work on the alien stuff.

The original plan was to zoom out from the cavemen to show the aliens watching the cavemen anyway, so if I don't have time to complete work on the aliens I'll still have a piece to show that would still qualify for the big prizes.

07 July 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Concept - Storyboard

After lots of brainstorming, I finally have my storyboard finished. Decided to take out the alien idea and just concentrate on the whole caveman theme. I hope it's strange enough.

Crits welcome!

08 August 2007
Modeling: Melon - Modeling Start

Ugh! It's been too long! Anyway, I finally started back on this project. Here's the start of my "Melon" character. Working from the inside out. Not going for anatomically realistic...sort of a hybrid stylized look slash realistic look. :)

08 August 2007
Oh I like this idea much better!!
but I think your storyboard could be stronger with alittle trimming....

Imagine something like 1-14 (fad to black) then 22-24 (with the dodo running towards the camera) then the guys poking with a stick or something.

I like your storyboard buts its kinda unresolved at the end... it just leaves you wondering what happened to the mammoth?

_slangford

08 August 2007
Thumbs up

hahahahahahahahahaha funny storyboard man! me curious too as to wat happend to the mammoth!

cheers bro! god bless!

08 August 2007
Well, I am out of the competition.

However...GREAT NEWS! I have been freelancing on-site for a commercial studio in the Detroit area! My very first paid gig in the industry!

Anyway, good luck to everyone and maybe I'll join in on the next one.

Looking forward to seeing all the finished entries!

08 August 2007
Originally Posted by Jedi-Juice: Well, I am out of the competition.

However...GREAT NEWS! I have been freelancing on-site for a commercial studio in the Detroit area! My very first paid gig in the industry!

Anyway, good luck to everyone and maybe I'll join in on the next one.

Looking forward to seeing all the finished entries!

What?... Just when I was about to comment your entry!
Anyway, congratulations for the gig!
Your entry seems fine to me, although it's a bit too early. It definetly has potential to be a funny and entertaining one.
Good luck with your new job!

09 September 2007
Congrats for your success, hopefully it will be a good job!

And what a strange surname you have there!

Bulgarish origin writer Elin Pelin wrote a book: Jan Bibijan (Ian Bibian), one of my favourite books from my childhood... It is about an young prodigal boy who meet a little devi Fyut, who introduced him to the world of even more wickedness, and he took part in great adventures... not like Harry Potter, this is really an odd style! In one moment he was shoot by some clay people, and his head was exchanged for a clay head - and such stuff .
Later story became more serious, even,... but this could be a very bad spoiler now..!

09 September 2007
Hey Jesus, maybe you should hurry !

09 September 2007
Talking

I really like the story and all but I`am afraid that I agree with gpepper .........u should hurry

mate I want to see it finished

Thread Closed share thread