CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > Strange Behaviour (Short Film)
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 08-10-2007, 12:06 AM   #61
danb
Lord of the posts
portfolio
Daniel Bacchiocchi
3D Artist
USA

Send a message via MSN to danb
Hi,

Here's the final Tekhead corrections. I think the elements you guys suggested make a huge difference. I also put in the stiches on the formarm and hand, with the screw there too. Looks much better than before.

Comments?

http://www.djdimitrious.com/sbteam/...khead+Final.jpg

http://www.djdimitrious.com/sbteam/...+Final+back.jpg

<edit> Its a good thing you mentioned the cog. I went back in to see if i could optimize it and found that the cog had 1200 polygons in it. Eeek, let that slip by me somehow. Reduced it to 50 polygons, phew.

Last edited by danb : 08-10-2007 at 12:08 AM.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:25 PM   #62
redfrog
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Craig Bruyn
Concept Artist/Toy Designer
Moose Enterprise (Toys) and Twiitch (video games)
Melbourne, Australia

Dan,

That model rocks man. Fantastic job.
For everyone to see here is the awesome job Dan has done on tekhed.

Moose Enterprise
craig@moosetoys.com

My Blog

Urban sketch thread

CG Challenge (Short Film)

Old 08-10-2007, 12:28 PM   #63
redfrog
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Craig Bruyn
Melbourne, Australia

and Greg, here is the Steam Maiden orthos.
Sorry this took so long - its been one helluva week.

Moose Enterprise
craig@moosetoys.com

My Blog

Urban sketch thread

Old 08-10-2007, 05:05 PM   #64
danb
Lord of the posts
portfolio
Daniel Bacchiocchi
3D Artist
USA

Thanks for posting that Craig. I had a lot of fun modelling it. I will post progress of Jen soon.

I tried to insert an image through the posting tools in the reply box. I uploaded to the team site, then copied the url from that page into the "insert image" button here, but the pictures did not insert. Anyone know why.

Old 08-10-2007, 06:34 PM   #65
animationhohogrl
Frequenter
portfolio
Amanda Carlson
San Marcos, USA

Send a message via AIM to animationhohogrl
Computer Down!!

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to let people know my computer is down for a week. I can sneak in to my school labs to work, if need be.

Dan, your model is soo cool! I'm just wondering can you post a wireframe version of it. I'm interested in seeing it.

Thanks,
Mandy

Old 08-10-2007, 06:51 PM   #66
fido972
Frequenter
LOWINSKI Eddy
R&D Td and Global TD
BlueSpiritStudio
Angouleme, France

Send a message via MSN to fido972
Ho my god!!

Ho my god!!! It's the first time i'm coming on your thread, it's an awsome Job.

Good luck.

Old 08-10-2007, 06:58 PM   #67
danb
Lord of the posts
portfolio
Daniel Bacchiocchi
3D Artist
USA

Old 08-10-2007, 07:44 PM   #68
danb
Lord of the posts
portfolio
Daniel Bacchiocchi
3D Artist
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfrog

Awesome orthographics again craig!!!

Whoever is modelling this might want to contact me. There are a lot of similar elements between the steam maiden and the tekhead. I could give you the file and you could copy and paste the elements into your own scene. If that's legal? Don't know what the rules are for that sort of thing.

I am using maxon cinema 4d r10 to model. I can export to .3ds , .obj, .fbx and .lwo. I am using a subdivision modifier. The objects exported would be low polygon, so in your 3d program you would have to apply a subdivision modifier to smooth the polys to look like the ones in the wireframe pics above.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:02 PM   #69
redfrog
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Craig Bruyn
Melbourne, Australia

Thanks Dan!

I think the reason the image links aren't working may have something to do with the user name and password request that comes up when you click the link. Not sure...Dmitri may be able to explain that one.

fido972 - thanks for the kind comments on our teams stuff. Itscoming together great!
Moose Enterprise
craig@moosetoys.com

My Blog

Urban sketch thread

Old 08-11-2007, 12:25 AM   #70
ddiakopoulos
Frequenter
portfolio
Dimitri
Los Angeles, USA

Fido - Thank you for the kind words.

Dan - Excellent work...The TekHed came out amazing. Greg O'Connor will be modeling the steam maiden, so collaborate with him as much as possible. This is a team effort so any file sharing is 100% encouraged.

Amanda - I got your e-mail, but thanks for letting everyone else know you'll be out for a week. Keep an eye open, we should be tossing some work your way once Brad finishes some revisions on the Cat and posts the Dragon.

Regarding the file sharing site - Instead of just copying and pasting the download link, it has to be formatted like this:

http://www.djdimitrious.com/sbteam/...oad/files/*name of file you uploaded*.jpg

It provides a direct link to the actual file without having to address any part of the uploading/downloading mechanism.

Cheers,
Dimitri.

Old 08-11-2007, 04:18 AM   #71
danb
Lord of the posts
portfolio
Daniel Bacchiocchi
3D Artist
USA

Jen Progress...

Here is my progress for Jen so far, 3 hours into it. Hair is going to be a nightmare to model. Oh well i'll get it right eventually. Could use some tips on how to make the hair, if anyone has them.

<edit> put this on my site instead.

Dimitri, did you know i live on capecod? 45 minutes away from Boston MA. I saw on your website that you go to Northeastern in Boston. Sometimes i do freelance work in Quincy. Small world huh?

Last edited by danb : 08-11-2007 at 04:23 AM.

Old 08-11-2007, 04:28 AM   #72
ddiakopoulos
Frequenter
portfolio
Dimitri
Los Angeles, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by danb
Here is my progress for Jen so far, 3 hours into it. Hair is going to be a nightmare to model. Oh well i'll get it right eventually. Could use some tips on how to make the hair, if anyone has them.

http://www.djdimitrious.com/sbteam/...+progress+1.jpg . I still get an error when trying to paste this into the "insert image" dialog. Maybe i'll start to post the images from my site, which is working now.

Dimitri, did you know i live on capecod? 45 minutes away from Boston MA. I saw on your website that you go to Northeastern in Boston. Sometimes i do freelance work in Quincy. Small world huh?

Hey dan, you got the link right, you just needed to add spaces where the +'s are. I normally just use _'s for spaces, cause they can be included in the link easier.

Anyway, lookin' good so far. Her expression makes me laugh. Will wait to see more before I'll give any comments

Ps. Capecod eh? Not too far away! I'm in Rhode Island for the summer, but I commute up to Quincy every day for my job!

Last edited by ddiakopoulos : 08-11-2007 at 04:32 AM. Reason: edited 'cause dan edited his to include correct link :)

Old 08-11-2007, 07:14 AM   #73
danb
Lord of the posts
portfolio
Daniel Bacchiocchi
3D Artist
USA

Ok cool, i'll put in the spaces next time.

I think i have the eye sockets to pronounced, so she looks MAD !!. She's probably mad from the bad hair cut.

Yeah i use to go to Warwick RI every monday and thursday to play hockey. Not anymore. What company do you work for in Quincy? I work for HyperActive Inc. The are a small multimedia company with emphasis on 3d.

Do you do any 3d art, or just the music side of things?

Old 08-11-2007, 10:43 PM   #74
GregOconn
Frequenter

portfolio
Gregory O'Connor
3D Artist
Fuel VFX
Sydney, Australia

Send a message via ICQ to GregOconn
Hey Dan, I'll probably be created my own elements for steam maiden, but I would still like to have a look at your model none the less.

Just a heads up, I'm a bit busy this weekend so not able to get much work done. Will be ontop of it as of monday though.

Cheers,

Greg

Old 08-11-2007, 11:49 PM   #75
animationhohogrl
Frequenter
portfolio
Amanda Carlson
San Marcos, USA

Send a message via AIM to animationhohogrl
girl

For hair, I usually keep it one piece. You can still create the look of multiple pieces by keeping it one piece.

I usually duplicate the faces of the top of the head (extrude it) and then extrude parts out of it. And then tweak it. (The underneath of the hair is something you don't worry bout as much other than the parts that are visable) For the top part. I usually pull edges up, so you can see hair seperation.

Thread Closed share thread