Strange Behavior (Short Film) Entry: Dimitri Diakopoulos

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2007   #46
Thanks for the compliments.

I have also rendered the model in qtvr. File size is large though, around 11mb.

I'll probably post one of the qtvr when the model is complete. That way anyone can rotate and zoom around the model and make critiques.

Old 08 August 2007   #47
Rocketing along with your progress again Dan, once again fantastic work.

One thing i forgot to ask in my last post was if you guys had any critiques on the cat concept? Also i was going to mention that i left the cat fairly bland colour wise as i wasn't too sure if we'd decided on any colours for the statues or whether we were going to keep them all consistent....? Iíll let you guys decide on that I'm not too concerned if the colours have to change.

Dimitri - I did have the username and password from your first email you sent me. Also I couldn't find "art assets file" that you spoke of, can you tell me where it is?

Cheers
B(rad)

Old 08 August 2007   #48
Originally Posted by redfrog: Do you want me to ortho up steam maiden first for Greg and then i can do John after that?

Yeah, that's fine.

Dimitri

Old 08 August 2007   #49
Finished Tekhead. Please critique... http://www.djdimitrious.com/sbteam/...id=tekhead1.mov

Should i move on to Joan? Is that the girls name?

Old 08 August 2007   #50
WOW! I'll let Craig make any comments he has, but it looks great to me.

P.S. her name is Jen

Old 08 August 2007   #51
Could I possably grab the passwords so I can take a peek at this stuff?

Old 08 August 2007   #52
Dan - Beautiful! Can't say I have any critical comments for it. Have a go at Jen next.

Greg - Sent you an email with the username and password.

-Dimitri

Old 08 August 2007   #53
Dan,

that is awesome!
I'd have maybe one or two superficial comments but they are not really that important - model looks great as is (so i'd be inclined to leave it as is).
Very very aweome job.
We should post some jpegs of it up on the thread.
Great job man!
Moose Enterprise
craig@moosetoys.com

My Blog

Urban sketch thread

CG Challenge (Short Film)

Old 08 August 2007   #54
Originally Posted by redfrog: Dan,

that is awesome!
I'd have maybe one or two superficial comments but they are not really that important - model looks great as is (so i'd be inclined to leave it as is).
Very very aweome job.
We should post some jpegs of it up on the thread.
Great job man!

Thanks for the kind words guys. Please let me know where i can improve the character. I would like to include this in my demo reel and perfection is important.

Thanks.

Old 08 August 2007   #55
Nice work dan looks really good. Fantastic work, and quick too.

I noticed you didn't include the protruding spine though? The back looks a little plain without it.

Old 08 August 2007   #56
Yeah my only comments, would be that on the head - the shoulder sockets are very small and being so small they leave a lot of flat area that makes the head seem more egg shaped - don't get me wrong - the actually head shape is perfect. Its just these large exposed areas that create the illusion if the head being much fatter.

I also agree with greg on the spine, and also the plug point where the tube fits in to the back of the head is low on detail. My assumption for this tho is that we won't really see the back of character and perhaps these details won't get seen.

Fantastic job tho, Dan!
Moose Enterprise
craig@moosetoys.com

My Blog

Urban sketch thread

Old 08 August 2007   #57
All excellent points guys. I'll fix them today.

I totally forgot to model the protruding spine. That wasn't on purpose, i just forgot.

And i'll add detail to the plug, definately.

So do you guys think i should pull the shoulders forward to fill in some of that space? Would the head need to be pulled forward along with the shoulders?

Thanks guys.

Old 08 August 2007   #58
I put in the spine and details for the brainstem area. I forgot to look at the back illustration before. That's why they weren't in there. Oops.

Here's the link. Same link as before but different movie... http://www.djdimitrious.com/sbteam/...id=tekhead1.mov .

I think i still need to make some details more pronounced. Like some of the bevels on the helmet and elsewhere. I think i need to tweak the forearm where the hand meets the forearm on the left arm. I think it should be a little smoother.

I did not put all the screws and bolts in because polygon count is getting pretty enourmous now. I figured all the extra bolts would push this too high for little effect. I'd put them in if this was for an illustration competition, but for animating we gotta keep the polygons lower.

What do you guys think? More corrections?

I've also got a lot of Jen's noggin' (head) modelled. I'll post a pic of her in a little while.

Old 08 August 2007   #59
Yeah nice one Dan that's a huge improvement.

Old 08 August 2007   #60
That's gret Dan.
With the front of the head - maybe we leave it. Can definitely see you point and agree the polygon count must be huge with that amount of detail. It may be something that isn't noticeable anyway one the model is tecxtured up anyway.

Just a note - if you wanted to cut back a little of the detail i the cog on the chest was originally meant to just be a marking (kinda like a tattoo). Dunno if this will reduce much - just a thought anyway.

The model looks great man - awesome work.

Greg - i should have the steam maiden orth done tonite. Sorry its taken so long. Work has been madness lately and the hours have been long. Sorry man. Should get it done tonite tho.
Moose Enterprise
craig@moosetoys.com

My Blog

Urban sketch thread

Thread Closed share thread