Strange Behavior (Short Film) Entry: Dimitri Diakopoulos

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2007   #16
Originally Posted by redfrog: Hey Danb,

Email it to me and i'll host it for you.

craigbruyn@optusnet.com.au

Email sent. Also check out www.moonridge5.com . I created those characters for the episode. You can see some elements are similar.

Old 07 July 2007   #17
Hi folks,

Here is Danb's model that he has mentioned in previous posts. I think its in a very similar style to what we're trying to achieve here with our stuff. His animation of it is fantastic. I was unable to host the video file but for team members i have placed the file in the file sharing section of the team website. Defintely check it out.

Here is the model Danb made and was refering to earlier...

Moose Enterprise
craig@moosetoys.com

My Blog

Urban sketch thread

CG Challenge (Short Film)

Old 07 July 2007   #18
Was doing some scribbling last nite and just started mucking around on the first creature design for the male humanoid figure with the mechanical head with the arms coming out of it.

Here's the sketch. Will post the colour version later tonite.
I don't think its right but it good enough to get us thinking as to what we want and your comments should help drive us towards a desired result.

Moose Enterprise
craig@moosetoys.com

My Blog

Urban sketch thread

Old 07 July 2007   #19
Ok as promised here is a quick color up of the tekhed sketch.

any thoughts folks?

Moose Enterprise
craig@moosetoys.com

My Blog

Urban sketch thread

Old 07 July 2007   #20
ahaha. man you do some crazy concepts. good stuff.

Old 07 July 2007   #21
Craig-- I don't have much to say about that... I think he works perfectly. What reservations did you have about him? I could only imagine adding few more steampipes here and there, but that's about it.

Here's a rough layout of the gallery... Raine is currently working on doing some more renderings of the wing and entrancewa- I think he'll post them soon... So far the atmosphere he's creating is great.

By the way, if you're hosting files on the team site, all you have to do is type:
http://sbteam.djdimitrious.com/file...files/_____.jpg to link to them after they have been uploaded.

Cheers,
Dimitri

Last edited by ddiakopoulos : 08 August 2007 at 02:59 AM.

Old 07 July 2007   #22
hey again guys!

I think the key to modelling is simplification - I liked what Danb had done for example. But I'm not a modeller so maybe I won't talk about it more

Anyways, here's bit of an interior lighting test. The hallway looking to the entrance. I'll do additional design renders of the pillars and stuff to help modellers - I just thought it wasn't smart to try to crack all the designs and mood and lighting all in the same image..

Old 07 July 2007   #23
Here's the next creature concept. This is the mechanical female creature they view on the pedestal. Here's a few design notes:

1. Because she is a statue as opposed to the tekhead design which exists in the painting, i have made her complately mechanical. No organics.

2. Deliberate aesthetic choice to have no discernible face. I think it makes the character more menacing and unreadeable in its expression.

Moose Enterprise
craig@moosetoys.com

My Blog

Urban sketch thread

Old 07 July 2007   #24
Designs are coming out awesome guys!!

Old 08 August 2007   #25
Hey Danb,

Here's the ortho view of ole Tekhed for your modelling. You sure chose the hard one to start with! Good luck with it. Can't wait to see what you do with him!

(Have uploaded a bigger file to the team website)

cheers.

Moose Enterprise
craig@moosetoys.com

My Blog

Urban sketch thread

Old 08 August 2007   #26
Thumbs up Great work guys!

Really great team work guys! lol! you speak with echother here! it make's a scence that we are between you in project too! good feeling and nice way!
I like alot sofar works! Steam meiden and Tekhed concepts looks really awsome! reaLLy like to see em 3D!
keep it this way and goodluck buddies,
mim,

Old 08 August 2007   #27
woop

Hey guys!

God I do love the designs! I can't wait to start the modeling on the project! It looks like it will be a lot of fun!

Mandy

Old 08 August 2007   #28
Hey guys,

I'm keen as mustard to get started on modelling something. The designs so far look great.

Anyway when you got something you want me to start on hit me up.

Old 08 August 2007   #29
I don't know ef its may be too soon to ask this, but do you guys know which program we will be rendering in?

Also if Dmitri has me animate, i was going to use motion builder. Could you animators tell me which program you will be using to animate? I'm just wondering if me animating in motion builder will be compatible, or if i should use something else.

Thanks.

P.S. I have the bottom half of Tekhead almost completed. Here is a pic of the progress so far...

Old 08 August 2007   #30
awesome stuff again guys!

Mechanical woman looks great, giving one overlarge eye was a cool idea.

Anyway, here's some pillars that were designed.. they aren't shown in much detail, so the sketch for the ones in hallways is very loose.. just suggesting the general shape.

So pillar A was the first attempt, tried to make a pillar that would look like a crooked chimney. It was decided, however, that just a regular, round one would be better. Also this design took a lot of floor space. Therefore Pillar B replaced the design. Pillar C is meant to appear outside the main entrance of our gallery.

Thread Closed share thread