Strange Behavior (Short Film) Entry: Dimitri Diakopoulos

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2007
Strange Behavior (Short Film) Entry: Dimitri Diakopoulos

Dimitri Diakopoulos is entered in the "Strange Behavior Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Scratch Voice track and/or original footage: Naked Girl & Voice Kit

Last edited by ddiakopoulos : 09 September 2007 at 01:19 AM. Reason: added some team info

07 July 2007
Hi team,

will post all the progress on the concept stuff as we go.
Here's the first super quick sketch i did for Jen and John.

Moose Enterprise
craig@moosetoys.com

My Blog

Urban sketch thread

CG Challenge (Short Film)

07 July 2007
Character concept: John

Here's the development for the character of John:

And the second version (mainly adjustments to outfit and face)

Moose Enterprise
craig@moosetoys.com

My Blog

Urban sketch thread

07 July 2007
Character concept: Jen

Here's the first concept for Jen.
We will be heavily modifying this design tho.

Moose Enterprise
craig@moosetoys.com

My Blog

Urban sketch thread

07 July 2007
Thumbs up nice chr-concepts!

Great character concepts Craig! I like em really!
Btw are you going to model em or you will animate them right in 2D?
Your workflow is good n speedy sofar, it would be great if you introduce abit about ur team n story also!
all the way I'll keep an eye here to see ur future steps and wish you best lucks,

mim,

Last edited by mim-Armand : 07 July 2007 at 11:59 AM.

07 July 2007
Originally Posted by mim-Armand: Great character concepts Craig! I like em really!
Btw are you going to model em or you will animate them right in 2D?
Your workflow is good n speedy sofar, it would be great if you introduce abit about ur team n story also!
all the way I'll keep an eye here to see ur future steps and wish you best lucks,

mim,

Hey Mim... Yeah, Craig is doing some great work for us! I'm the team director, handling a lot of the writing for the script and what not. We have a small team of modelers and animators that'll turn these characters into 3D!

I'll post some stuff about our team in a bit, thanks for the interest.

- Dimitri

07 July 2007
hey everyone,

here's the layout for our establishing shot. Moody, dark, steamy. We'll make it expose the environment better of course, I hope you have your monitors calibrated

By the way - solid concepts so far Craig!

07 July 2007
Very nice concept work guys. Can't wait to see this movie come to life !

07 July 2007
Thanks for the comments folks.

Nice environment, Raine. Very moody.

Here's the progress on Jen, based on your previous comments Dmitri.
First version shows the mechanism on the arm as larger. We pulled this back with the final version.

my main concern however is that Jen and John do not sit stylistically together. I think some of the alterations we have made have made her a little less stylised. Any thoughts on this people?

Moose Enterprise
craig@moosetoys.com

My Blog

Urban sketch thread

07 July 2007
Hey guys, welcome to the challenge, your stuff is looking sweet! Nice work indeed

I'm looking forward to reading a bit about your story too, are you going to be working straight from the screenplay or will you be adapting it?

Good luck guys!

07 July 2007
incredible concept art.
redfrog- it seems that int eh first sketches both characters had kind of an inverted v look making for a heroic forced persoective, based on the big boots.
the heads and hands are working together for me. butit does seem that you have kept the big boot look for him and lost it for her, probably for the sake of making her "prettier".
From design one to two, she gained a big arm and lost big boots. In 2 to 2.1 the big arm gets toned down. so she is a little "normal" compared to him now.
i woulod say go with the big boot look for both of tehm so they have the same forced perspective quasi-heroic look.

on the other hand, i find large footed characters hard to animate, or at least requiring a certain stylisation on the movemnt to accomadate the funky footware.

can't wait to see more.

07 July 2007
Ok folks,

I've modified Jen based on some of the suggestions. The old bulky boots ar back, and the face has been reworked to find a happy medium between the first and second versions. I've included a combined pic with Jen and john so we can have a look at how the two work as a pair. Comments and crits are most welcome.

Just thought i'd also take this opportunity of welcoming Brad Virgo to the team (aka XxMushr00mheadXx) who has come on board to help out with the creature design concept art. Brad is a very talented illustrator who i work with in the toy industry.

With the two of us on concepts for the creatures we should start churning through this stuff a lot quicker.

Moose Enterprise
craig@moosetoys.com

My Blog

Urban sketch thread

Last edited by redfrog : 07 July 2007 at 09:54 AM.

07 July 2007
good luck modeling that.

07 July 2007
Hey let me know if you guys need help with modelling. I just completed a 3d character which is in the same style as the ones here. I even wonder if it was designed by the same artist, because the style is so close.

I'd like to post a picture of the character. I've also got an animation to test the mesh movement, of the BIG FEET style. If someone can host it let me know. My site is not working right. Its only 100kb and the pic is 40kb.

Why can't we post attachments in this forum?

07 July 2007
Hey Danb,

Email it to me and i'll host it for you.

craigbruyn@optusnet.com.au
Moose Enterprise
craig@moosetoys.com

My Blog

Urban sketch thread

Last edited by redfrog : 07 July 2007 at 09:58 PM.

Thread Closed share thread