Strange Behavior (Short Film) Entry: Markcus Dunn

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2007   #31
Thanks for the comments guys.

Old 08 August 2007   #32
help wanted

I'm looking for some help with my entry. I have the animatic posted so you can get an idea of the film: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...?f=223&t=512112

I'm looking for:

Animator (particularily facial and lipsync). You can probably use almost any application as long as it supports fbx. I'm using Motionbuilder and 3dsmax.

Modeler - to model the gallery, etc.

Composer/sfx.

Please send me a private message if interested.

Old 08 August 2007   #33
WOW! Just viewed the animatic. Crazzzzyyy!

Feedbacks:

A suggestion: you cut ambient audio and pause a beat right before she completes her last line. So: "I am (cut ambient) you."

-- I'm curious to see a version where John does that roaring "Noooo!" at the end than in his recall scene (where he realizes who Amy was). Good sound cue though to set up the abduction.

-- I like that stilleto sound effect in the opening. I'm okay with your intro scenes, personally...I'd fade-in from black into a close up of John (dozing/ looking down?) with the approaching stilleto sound. When he looks up, then you reveal Amy from his seated pov.

-- Voice acting, if you're keeping this as is, is alright. Not sure if they swap voices in the end though. John as Amy said something, but it wasn't clear to me if he sounds like Amy at that point.

Good luck finding your crew.

Old 08 August 2007   #34
Originally Posted by Henrik-Vasquez: WOW! Just viewed the animatic. Crazzzzyyy!

Feedbacks:

A suggestion: you cut ambient audio and pause a beat right before she completes her last line. So: "I am (cut ambient) you."

-- I'm curious to see a version where John does that roaring "Noooo!" at the end than in his recall scene (where he realizes who Amy was). Good sound cue though to set up the abduction.

-- I like that stilleto sound effect in the opening. I'm okay with your intro scenes, personally...I'd fade-in from black into a close up of John (dozing/ looking down?) with the approaching stilleto sound. When he looks up, then you reveal Amy from his seated pov.

-- Voice acting, if you're keeping this as is, is alright. Not sure if they swap voices in the end though. John as Amy said something, but it wasn't clear to me if he sounds like Amy at that point.

Good luck finding your crew.

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. Hopfully I will have some actors to do the voices later.

Old 08 August 2007   #35
Excellent looking storyboards and a great take on the story. Nice job all around.

Old 09 September 2007   #36
Originally Posted by KCDragon: Excellent looking storyboards and a great take on the story. Nice job all around.

Thanks.

We're in the final stages of animation, modeling and, lighting. We hope to start rendering next week.

Old 10 October 2007   #37
Two weeks to go!

Heres an update on our status. Luis (lramos) and I are working hard to get everything done in time for the deadline. All scenes are animated and lit and are currently queued up for rendering. I expect the renders to be done sometime later this week. My machines are pushing out frames 24/7. Luis is working on the compositing setups which will be run once the renders are complete. Im continuing to work on the edit using the opengl renders. I also have a few ideas for the trailer. Right now Id say were in good shape to make the deadline and I hope to upload the final short a few days early to be on the safe side.

Old 10 October 2007   #38
Colored Story Boards or edited footage/renders: edited viewport renders

Software: 3ds max

This is the edited animation rendered from the viewport. I'd prefer if you wait and watch this after watching the final short, but that's up to you : )

Play Video >>

Old 10 October 2007   #39
Finished Trailer: Trailer

Software: 3ds max,combustion

This the trailer. It's pretty short since the final movie is only 3 and 1/2 minutes but I think it gives a good idea of the mood.

Play Video >>

Old 10 October 2007   #40
hey, I saw your animatic and I thought the moment was really neat when he realized who's the woman in that painting and the events around it. But then that monster jumped out which didn't fit in at all.. I would suggest you to rethink a more subtle way of doing it. You had a great creepy mood which is what really made it work, but the appearance of the monster just killed all tension.

Nice renders by the way! I like the lighting in your gallery.

Old 10 October 2007   #41
Originally Posted by Ranath: hey, I saw your animatic and I thought the moment was really neat when he realized who's the woman in that painting and the events around it. But then that monster jumped out which didn't fit in at all.. I would suggest you to rethink a more subtle way of doing it. You had a great creepy mood which is what really made it work, but the appearance of the monster just killed all tension.

Nice renders by the way! I like the lighting in your gallery.

Thanks for the feedback. I disagree with you said about it killing the tension but, different people will probably view that differently. As a filmmaker I think have to stick with my vision of the film. Luis modeled and lit the gallery so he gets credit for that. Good luck with your project.

-Mark

Old 10 October 2007   #42
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Screenplay Adaptation title page

Screenplay Adaptation title page

Old 10 October 2007   #43
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Screenplay Adaptation page 1

Screenplay Adaptation page 1

Old 10 October 2007   #44
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Screenplay Adaptation page 2

Screenplay Adaptation page 2

Old 10 October 2007   #45
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Screenplay Adaptation page 3