Strange Behavior (Short Film) Entry: Bill Stout

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2007
I'm not the person to ask because I don;t work here, I just play here.
You should read the FAQ section.

That said, of course one person can enter. Mim-Armand is doing a nice one person entry so far. I'm sure he's not the only one going it alone. If your story fits the criteria (read the FAQ) then you should enter the short film, if it doesn't, enter the animation section where they say you have a greater chance of winning (and a greater chance of finishing).

07 July 2007
Thanks bstout for the help.So thats it. I prefer my own story, therefore i entered the animation section.

WWW.ALI-RAHIMI.NET

07 July 2007
Checking for updates.

07 July 2007
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: script draft

here's the latest draft of the script.

thanks for checking for updates Henrix
more soon.

------------accidentally posted this backwards so page 1 is at the end of the script. oops.

Last edited by bstout : 07 July 2007 at 12:45 PM.

07 July 2007
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: p4

page4

07 July 2007
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: p3

p3

07 July 2007
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: p2

p2

07 July 2007
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Page1

So here's the script.
Since I figured that Amy knew what was going to happen, i wanted to give her motivation. Also, I like happy endings so John gets what he wants just not how he expects...

now back to modeling.

---oops, i guess I should have submitted them in the other order.
also, thhere will probably be one more rewrite before recording voices so any C and C is welcome.

Last edited by bstout : 07 July 2007 at 12:43 PM.

07 July 2007
That's a good re-write. She dragon?! Looking back at your concept, yeah there is a feminine quality to it even without the mammaries. Are you planning to do a lot of editing work for this? The format of your script reads like a script for a stage play - just my impression.

I'll be back next week for the latest.

07 July 2007
Hey bstout, thought I'd pop over and see how's things, just read through your screenplay adaptation - top stuff Love the way Amy is constantly giving freudian slips about John's eventual fate And the fact that John seals his own fate

More?

07 July 2007
I agree completely, very nice adaptation with some nice little clues in it.

Although I have to say my favourite bit is the one liner "Now that's art"

07 July 2007
g00d going.. I think our dragon is female also - lol good luck.

07 July 2007
Thumbs up Nice Adaption!

Hey nice screenplay Bill, really liked it sofar! I'm sure it can be a great work at END! Just keep workin on, man!

I'm Waitin for more,
mim,

07 July 2007
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: JohnInProgress

Thanks for the support guys.
I lost some work on the dragon when something went screwy and killed a couple of files. Oh well, that's life in the pixel mines. Finalloy caught up agagin after finishing Harry Potter ;)

This is John. The design is by Bobby Roe, me newest (and only) team member (so far).

I resculpted Amys head to take advantage of all the blendshapes already done. I'm not happy with the lips yet but everything else is OK. Every time I try to improve the lips it gets too girly.

Any thoughts and suggestions on fixing that part welcome.

07 July 2007
the huge eyes are making it too girly.. if you shrink them it will look more manly and give it more of a brow ridge.

Thread Closed share thread