Incomplete UV Set

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2013   #1
Incomplete UV Set

Am getting the "Incomplete UV Set" error warning when I import my fully UV mapped character into mudbox and cannot seem to find where the problem is.

From another post I found I have ruled out UV's being too close to the border and overlapped/inverted, which leaves only deleted UV's. I have looked all over the model in 3dsmax and cannot think where or why this would be.

When I click create missing UV's in mudbox, it finds 10 wonky rectangles - am at a loss where they are from.

Anyone have some trouble shooting advice on how to locate them?

Deleting UV's and redoing really isn't an option as its taken me the best part of 3 weeks to do.
:(

What are the worst case scenarios if I ignore this warning seeing as it appears to be only 10 small polys that are missing?

Old 11 November 2013   #2
objects from max sometimes have those error... i would ignore it and do a quik painting test...

to find the missing faces try to select all faces in max in the uv editor and delete them... and take a look if there are some faces left in the viewport...

Old 11 November 2013   #3
Yeah I am going to have to get around to reporting this. It also happens with Maya and Softimage. Last time the model was perfect, no missing UVs, despite the message, and it painted just fine.

Old 11 November 2013   #4
i never saw this message from a clean maya mesh...
if you have a scene with this error please report it...

Old 11 November 2013   #5
I get this error all the time. And I am not sure what to make of it.

Just tonight, doing so editing on a mesh that has a UV map. Watching the UV to make sure nothing goes wrong and fixing any errors that show up.

Everything is fine in Maya. Send to mudbox... I get the error.

Scene is under NDA and quite large.

But I bring it back use clean up and it selects faces that are already mapped and in the UV set.

Basically Maya seems to be doing something wrong. And also this UV comes from XSI where I unwrapped it and saved to an obj.

Of course it paints fine and the image displays perfectly in Mud.

Old 11 November 2013   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread