Old 03-24-2013, 09:32 PM   #1
WerewolV
portfolio
V
Student
Bradford, United Kingdom

Mudbox Brush Not Displaying

Hey guys,

I've gotta problem with Mudbox, I've fired it up and the first thing I realise was the "B" function to re-size the brush wasn't working in the display port. There's no ring to show you the current size however, you can see the size stats in the right going up and down. It's not even sculpting on the mesh, which is just... Weird. Also, the focus function doesn't seem to be working on the keyboard when I press "F"

So far I've deleted Mudbox prefs and re-started Mudbox. But this hasn't happened before and it was working fine the other day. I don't really want to re-start again as I've gotten far with my model and have a Uni deadline. Any help would be nice!

Cheers!

Old 03-27-2013, 02:06 AM   #2
bilbob
Expert
portfolio
Matt Simecek
berkley, United States Minor Outlying Islands

my 2 cents........ i've noticed this happens to me when 1. the cursor isn't directly over a geometry and 2. when this size of the brush is gigantic.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
robinb
Expert

Yeah this sounds like the scene is either tiny or huge. Are you working on a custom object or is it one of the supplied base models? Both should work fine if it's one of the base models.

If it's your own scene, what scale is it? Mudbox defaults to cms. Try importing a base man model to your scene and see how it compares.

Old 03-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #4
WerewolV
portfolio
V
Student
Bradford, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb
Yeah this sounds like the scene is either tiny or huge. Are you working on a custom object or is it one of the supplied base models? Both should work fine if it's one of the base models.

If it's your own scene, what scale is it? Mudbox defaults to cms. Try importing a base man model to your scene and see how it compares.

Hey thanks for the reply!

Well, it could be down to how huge the model is now that you mention it, I did up scale it abit. It's one of the supplied base meshes, but I'll have a look at it more and see if I can get it to work. Can I share with you the source file and see if it works for you?

Thanks for the replys so far! I hope you can help me out by taking a look at the source file http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/20237802/file.html I'm just panicking abit because I've gotta week to get this finished.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
bilbob
Expert
portfolio
Matt Simecek
berkley, United States Minor Outlying Islands

my only advice would be to scale down your model. maybe match the size of the sphere you can create with Mudbox.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #6
robinb
Expert

Your model is locked, that's why you can't sculpt on it or see the sculpt icon. Go to the object list , find Base Block and you'll see you have the lock icon set. Uncheck that and you can sculpt freely on it.

As for scale, if you were to make a new base man mesh you'd see it's only half the size of your scaled one. That's fine.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #7
WerewolV
portfolio
V
Student
Bradford, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb
Your model is locked, that's why you can't sculpt on it or see the sculpt icon. Go to the object list , find Base Block and you'll see you have the lock icon set. Uncheck that and you can sculpt freely on it.

As for scale, if you were to make a new base man mesh you'd see it's only half the size of your scaled one. That's fine.

Mate, thank you SO MUCH. You've really saved my arse! *1up*

Old 04-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #8
robinb
Expert

No problem, glad to help.

For future reference, If you'd posted a picture, we might have guessed (as locked objects are greyed out).

Old 04-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #9
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread