Dominance War II Local Rules and Issues

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

02 February 2007
hi Fred, i noticed that some of thumbs changed position in all four galleries. is that a technical problem?

02 February 2007
"Feel free to break this 2048 sheet into smaller sheets that add up to 2048 total. (example: 4x1024 = 2048)"
Does this mean I cam make a sepparate Leg UV of 1024 and the rest of the body UV 1024 even though they are all the same object? I use Max8 btw.

02 February 2007
Cool

since i had a bit a hard time to find out everything this time i thought some might find this useful as well.
http://www.dominancewar.com/2/readbrief/index.htm

02 February 2007
Originally Posted by mashru: hi Fred, i noticed that some of thumbs changed position in all four galleries. is that a technical problem?

yeah some entries bump from top.... weird..

02 February 2007
Quote: - 1 x 2048 Color, Reflection Map, Specular, Specular Color Map, Normal Map, Bump Map, Opacity(transparency) Map, Glow map, and finally, Glossiness map.

Ok.. so what does that mean actually? You got maximum one map of 2048 px and you can use it /or break it/ for some of these, or you got one 2048px map for any of these features which means 9 maps of 2048px ??

Sorry but my experience in game-ready models is quite.. none

02 February 2007
hm, when i read specifications written like this, i would assume that it means max. 9 maps, each 2048 square pixels, but this is very huge...

but also the polycount is very high, so it's possible, next-gen, you know

02 February 2007
Originally Posted by Seebaer: hm, when i read specifications written like this, i would assume that it means max. 9 maps, each 2048 square pixels, but this is very huge...

but also the polycount is very high, so it's possible, next-gen, you know

You can use a 2048 for each type of map and yes 2048 is pretty big, better schedule a week alone to texture

02 February 2007
one week is not enough, iam a per pixel painter, so i have to set 4,2 million pixels per map, multiplied with 3 maps minimum, and 1 secound per pixel is in sum= 145,8 days...damn...iam too slow....

02 February 2007
mashru --> Thumbnail positions are actually based on when a person hit the join button. Those who appear on top were simply quicker at the draw. If you look at mine for instance, it will never move because I was the first one testing it out

Yuzrass --> Yes, you can slap on 4 different sheets for each part of his body. Usually, people keep the head texture on a seperate sheet, so, a leg would be just as fine. Good luck

Azrail --> it means you have one 2048 sheet for each type of sheet listed

02 February 2007
EDIT --> Issue fixed

Note to CGSociety

For the first time, a team has broken the 50 cap page limit. Congratulations on making a page 2, but now we need to fix the programming for it to actually show up. For those of you who are on page II, I apologize for the delay. It will be fixed shortly.

Last edited by FredH : 02 February 2007 at 03:27 PM.

02 February 2007
hmmm

just trying to get any post to actually post lol

02 February 2007
okay. how come i can post here but when i create a new thread for the dominance war it doesnt show? im lost in the sauce.

02 February 2007
Triple Posts like a retard

ok... i promise i model/texture better than i know how to work this posting thing. Ive got 3 threads going accidentally. is there an option anywhere for me to remove threads that i have started???

02 February 2007
I have a question..

Hello,I have a question about team work.

They don't count concept designer as a team. so team means two modelers working together... right..?

Does that mean two people make one 6000 tris model together ? or make two 6000 models and combine one stand?

and One more question is, If there is no limitation for the stand. can we make million poly with hugh textures that presents much more than main character.?

02 February 2007
hey taehoon. i think the team thing comes down to other things like one person modeling or one person texturing, or whatever. if a team did two 6000 models, they really necessarily wouldn't be much of a team. and there really isn't a limit to the stand & you can make it as detailed as you want, but you want it to definitely pull a lot of focus to a clear 'unimpeded' view of the character. hope that helps

-J

reply share thread