Mecha Pussy 2010

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

09 September 2010
have you tried redownloading it with another browser ?

EDIT: Just tried to download it myself and it works just fine. It might not be as smooth as it should as a free user of rapidshare. I got downed atm around 282 times.

If it keeps getting you problems, i might send you private link to a personal server. But this will be only used for when you just absolutely can't get it downed.

cheers

Last edited by Nothingness : 09 September 2010 at 02:57 PM.

09 September 2010
Originally Posted by nottoshabi: How do I do that? It does not ask me for a password. Extract here option and open, just gives me an error.

Sorry don't know what's going on there. The original file I downloaded works fine on both my mac and PC. On the PC you double click the icon, it asks for the password, type it in and it extracts...

09 September 2010
Thanks for the reply guys. It works now I got it. I had to open it in Internet Explorer. And I use Chrome. Thanks again guys.

Hate to be a pest again. I rotate all the parts that you said in the file and I came up wit this. I don't think its right. I also had to rotate the engine compartment. Other wise the start piece of the spine would sit in the middle of the gas tank. I have uploaded a pic.

Do you by any chance have an end result pic, of what it should like? Maybe we can go by that and set the final pose for it.

http://my.picresize.com/MS1ESF3NP0/3PT87WD1X0D6SV63ZEYW .

Last edited by nottoshabi : 09 September 2010 at 05:25 AM.

09 September 2010
that first part shouldn't be rotated. As it seems, you also got the tank rotated and this isn't the intention.

What i might not have mentioned, is that the different pieces should be parented so that the next hinges get the rotation inherited from the former hinge.
Have a look at the rendered image to see how it should look. The back and neck should be bended. I used very clean rotation numbers so it's easier to match it with bones.

good luck

10 October 2010
Hello,
nice model. I smoothed it and added a mentalray shader for some color/texture: mib_car_paint_phen. I loaded the obj in Maya 2011 x64 Windows 7 and it loaded fine, mo errors. The mentalray renderer ignores the degree numbers, not sure if you modeled it that way on purpose or not, but it works for me.

Thanks again, i'm still checking it out.

10 October 2010
Originally Posted by Nothingness: that first part shouldn't be rotated. As it seems, you also got the tank rotated and this isn't the intention.

What i might not have mentioned, is that the different pieces should be parented so that the next hinges get the rotation inherited from the former hinge.
Have a look at the rendered image to see how it should look. The back and neck should be bended. I used very clean rotation numbers so it's easier to match it with bones.

good luck

I have one leg done and working nicely, I can't even begin to tell you how thankful I am that you took the time to put everything at a default pose so when rotating it to line up I get the exact rotations I need. I should of had this rig done a long time ago, but I been working on other projects as well. Hopefully I will have it done soon and a demo up.
Daniel.Haffner.TD@gmail.com

10 October 2010
Originally Posted by LawOfOne: Hello,
nice model. I smoothed it and added a mentalray shader for some color/texture: mib_car_paint_phen. I loaded the obj in Maya 2011 x64 Windows 7 and it loaded fine, mo errors. The mentalray renderer ignores the degree numbers, not sure if you modeled it that way on purpose or not, but it works for me.

Thanks again, i'm still checking it out.

Can't say i did anything special with the degrees. They are just flat planes not optimised for smoothing. Once you got the angles set up, those meshed should be deleted.

Originally Posted by DanHaffner: I have one leg done and working nicely, I can't even begin to tell you how thankful I am that you took the time to put everything at a default pose so when rotating it to line up I get the exact rotations I need. I should of had this rig done a long time ago, but I been working on other projects as well. Hopefully I will have it done soon and a demo up.

no probs.
Can't wait to start and see some rigged versions moving all over the place.

10 October 2010
Hi,
thanks for uploading your model. I started rigging it in my spare time, so it will take some time before i can post any results.
Regarding the spine I also have a question. I could not find the objects + pivot of the first 30degree. Instead I rotated the first group, which is supposed to be rotated 10deg "down", 20deg in the opposite direction. To make it clear I added a picture:
- the red objects did not get rotated
- the yellow group got 20deg rotated "up"
- the blue groups got rotated 10deg "down"
- the green object got rotated 20deg "up"

Since the end (at hip) matched perfectly I wonder if this is the right method? The red parts do not seem to be at the right position, with all the intersection, or is it meant to be like that?
Thanks again for sharing your model.
Attached Images
File Type: png mecha_spine.png (83.6 KB, 305 views)

10 October 2010
i came so late i guess so i dont have the chance even to download the model would u mind reuploading ? i want to be introduced to that challenge and i think i m not newbie at all

10 October 2010
Originally Posted by shalabology: i came so late i guess so i dont have the chance even to download the model would u mind reuploading ? i want to be introduced to that challenge and i think i m not newbie at all

The link works fine. It redirects you to a rapidshare site, just click the "Slow Download" button.

10 October 2010
believe me idid so but invain having hard times trying to download it

i even channged the machine i mm using but something wrong

10 October 2010
been a little abcent lately. Here i'm back!

Originally Posted by pazrot: Since the end (at hip) matched perfectly I wonder if this is the right method? The red parts do not seem to be at the right position, with all the intersection, or is it meant to be like that?
Thanks again for sharing your model.

The red part should be intersected with the frame. I was too lazy to make it one mesh. I think you got it right.

Originally Posted by shalabology: believe me idid so but invain having hard times trying to download it

i even channged the machine i mm using but something wrong

Still having problems?

10 October 2010
yes i do have , i dont have premium account and it works bad for free user here , if u please would u alternatively upload it on another site>?

11 November 2010
Amazing model, thank you so much for sharing! I'll try and rig this during christmas break.

12 December 2010
Hey, thanks for the model, it looks like it took quite a bit of time. good job.

i myself hate ppl that just criticize, i however can't stress enough, how i think freezing transforms on geometry is such a bad practice ^^ you practically just handed incomplete model to the riggers (those pistons going nowhere, having to connect them ourselves, etc) :P

with that in mind, i can't wrap my head around DanHaffner's post "I can't even begin to tell you how thankful I am that you took the time to put everything at a default pose so when rotating it to line up I get the exact rotations I need."
heh...

will have a look at it tho.

reply share thread