Eon (Trailer) Entry: Sami Marsch

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2007   #46
Edited storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Finalized scud model

Here are shots from the final scud model, with wireframe and textures.

Old 01 January 2007   #47
Initial SFX and Music: Compositing

Here's a preview how we built our shots to save render times.

Old 01 January 2007   #48
Thumbs up

OZ: Thanks for the compliments! Ofcourse you can use digitally painted plates. If we would have more time I would like to paint my own textures from skratch. Well I did some painting but I need to thank NASA for the base textures. But I had to lot of tweaking to get the shaders right.

fifty3dragon: Thanks!

icedays: Patricia is still in progess specially her eyes. I hope I can finish her hair and eyes tomorrow… or actually today (it’s almost morning… modeling modeling!).

Toverdoos: I would do enything to get good hdri pictures from the redsquare

targus: Thanks. I hope that the new render is bit better

Old 01 January 2007   #49
Initial SFX and Music: OTV scene

First renders from the otv flight scene. I'm going do some changes to camera position. OTV panel lights are made using "video post".

Old 01 January 2007   #50
Great updates Niten! The Red Square is really promising, as well as all the others shots....would be lovely to look at them animated, but hey, we won't have to wait more for that ! A little suggestion would be about the light in the space sequences: maybe brightening up the lit surfaces and contrasting the pictures would increase the quality....just a though.
Good luck, it's a great work!

Old 01 January 2007   #51
Looks like you've been busy here. Some very nice images. The OTV shot looks great. Thanks for posting the breakdown of those shots as well. It's great to see how different people put things together. Best of luck finishing up!

My Website :: My Sketchbook Thread :: EON Trailer Challenge

Old 01 January 2007   #52
Hei, the OTV really looks great like the entire scene.

Old 01 January 2007   #53
spire: Thanks!

fifty3dragons: We are really busy Going to school, work and creating this at the same time is bit tricky. We are going to finnish our project but I think we are going to cut some parts off because we don't have enaught time to render.

ThE-ShiFT: We had lot problems with our renders. OTV scene was specially dificult but thanks for the tip!

Old 01 January 2007   #54
Scratch Voice track and/or initial footage: Sitsuation room

Some shots from the sitsuation room scene. I hope I can polish them a bit before adding to final video.

Old 01 January 2007   #55
Color timed and finished storyboards/footage/renders: Otv version 2

Second try for the OTV

Old 01 January 2007   #56
Scratch Voice track and/or initial footage: EON title

Our version of the title text

Old 01 January 2007   #57
Scratch Voice track and/or initial footage: newspaper

Here's the final newspaper shot! Now just need to make final animations and polishing.

Old 01 January 2007   #58
Looking good. Those are some great looking images you've been posting.

We had a number of shots we couldn't finish as well, so we simply stuck in color-timed storyboards (which according to the rules of the challenge is perfectly acceptable). It isn't as good as having fully animated sequences, of course, but it did mean not having to revisit the overall timing/pacing, etc, that we'd already established.

Good luck as you finish up!

My Website :: My Sketchbook Thread :: EON Trailer Challenge

Old 01 January 2007   #59
I forgot to mension that I'm the fellow in the last newspaper shot

Old 01 January 2007   #60
Initial SFX and Music: Music

Music was done by my friend Jenni Saarinen. If you are in need of music you can ask if she is available for freelancing. Here's her e-mail adress (jj.saarinen@pp.inet.fi). I'm going to post the actual music clip with the final video footage.

Thread Closed share thread