Eon (Trailer) Entry: Cofi Hudson

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2006   #46
Another nice animatic with the OTV approach. And I enjoyed the soundtrack. Nice variation and buildup. It'll be interesting to see this one all edited together. Keep up the good work!

My Website :: My Sketchbook Thread :: EON Trailer Challenge

Old 12 December 2006   #47
Color timed and finished storyboards/footage/renders: EON Opening Title - first frames

Software: 3ds max,After Effects,Photoshop

This is the first composite of the trailers opening sequence with sound score. This was pretty daunting to composite since most of the light-fx I had to do with Photoshop and then time them in AE.
I had an alternate beginning planned, but since I'm cutting corners where ever possible, I made this one a little shorter as well.

Play Video >>

Old 12 December 2006   #48
I really like the opening sequence, current quality not withstanding (and no complaints either). I'm just extremly psyched to see the alien gate in all its glory!

Old 01 January 2007   #49
Color timed and finished storyboards/footage/renders: Completed storyboards - part I / IV

Software: Photoshop

First four scene-plans out of the owen...

Old 01 January 2007   #50
Color timed and finished storyboards/footage/renders: Completed storyboards - part II / IV

Next four scene-plans out of the owen...

Old 01 January 2007   #51
Color timed and finished storyboards/footage/renders: Completed storyboards - part III / IV

Another four scene-plans out of the owen...

Old 01 January 2007   #52
Color timed and finished storyboards/footage/renders: Completed storyboards - part IV / IV

...and that's the rest of them.

These took me awhile to "slap" together since I'm not working very organized way - at least I don't feel like that.
Timing for the full 1'30'' was quite troublesome, but when I started fixing it all into the animatix (finally up next in full) it kinda came alive.
Last days are going to be killer to render out everything.
(Don't know until the last very last days if I'm gonna be able to make it all)

Excellent New Year 2007 to everyone!

Old 01 January 2007   #53
aurora: Thanx, dude! If you mean about the .flv quality... can't do nothing about it
I can try to finess the scene a bit if it lacks any credibility, just tell me what to fix and I'll do it (he,he) Anyway I think that'll be the best scene I can playout with this time on my hands.

fifty3dragons: Thanx again, man! That scene will undergo some extreme work untill be released to public again
I'll pass the credits along for Shigeki-san about the music. I think he's a remarkable talent and to think that he "just" played all the notes by sequence in one take - that's some skills in my book.

userBrian: You are too kind now! At least gimme some crits - No, really, thank you!
I've started to comp that uw-scene now and this post you placed here gave me the much needed check-list for things to incorporate with that scene.
I completely agree on your visions about the concept artists - they should be closer with the director, if not really direct the whole shabang!

I don't really have standing porfolio over the net currently, but if you want you can view the few older samples I have over this temporary link:
http://www.viisumipalvelutsaila.com/C02/index.html
However, there is no concepts over that link, I guess I'll place those to my CG-portfolio
after this contest is due.

Old 01 January 2007   #54
Color timed and finished storyboards/footage/renders: MeteorCrash - over shot

Software: 3ds max,After Effects,mental ray,Photoshop

This meteor shot started out quite okay, but couldn't just finish it right - plus it's way too long.
The shot is missing several effects which would clear this scene out more - instead now the ending looks just somewhat cluttered.
Well... can't cry about it, gotta push it forward... outta time!

Play Video >>

Old 01 January 2007   #55
Hey Cofiction nice shot on the title sequence! Love the sun reflecting on the oceans!!
One little thing that could be fine tuned on the the last shot is the flare: keeping it horizontal would make it a little more realistic (at least that's our opinion of course). Keep it UP!!

ThE-ShiFT

Old 01 January 2007   #56
Thanx ThE-ShiFT -crew! I think you're right about the flare.
I guess I was affraid about that scene looking too much like the openning scene,
so that's why tried to give it a little something, but that's a small fix in all that needs to be fixed in that scene to make it work fully

Old 01 January 2007   #57
I like your ideea!

Old 01 January 2007   #58
Hi! Why do you show EON logo in "EON Opening Title" ?
I think that trailer must contain some mistery, when it's starts.
So, planet stars and light - cool. But... Appearance of logo and pan... Not cool
You can start from black screen, than rising sun slowly illuminates Earth's surface. Durathion - 5-7sec.

Appearance of EON logo in the end can be done so. During the explosion of earth the flash of light closes a screen, when light goes out there is an EON logo. (light flash duration approximately 8-12frames). EON logo can constantly a bit increased (for example from 100% scale to 104%). When light will go out, inscription of "worlds within worlds" appears at once. Inscription also must be increased simultaneously with a logotype.

Sorry for my bad english
Good luck!

Old 01 January 2007   #59
Hmmm, sounds like workable edit, thanx ittrium!

I did wonder about the logo entry couple of times before I placed it for comments.
This comment of yours is very good and creative, I'll see what I can do about it.

Old 01 January 2007   #60
I like your storyboard, think that will turn out good trailer.

Thread Closed share thread