Eon (Trailer) Entry: Cofi Hudson

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2006   #31
Thumbs up

Thankyou so much, fifty3dragons!

Your input to this is definately not over looked

I wrote the corrections into that script and to the story also in ramming speed
and that time wasn't so much looking into the grammar or that sort.
I just wanted it done.
Obviously I'll correct those before reading session and thanx again for the heads up about
keeping the lines intact with the content (I tend to overshoot a bit at times)

Old 12 December 2006   #32
Edited storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Meteor collision animatic test

Software: 3ds max

Here is one 300f test sequence of the meteor collision with moon.
Later on when space scenes are shown in the trailer the moon is not intact any more and has the ring of debris around it.
Here's how that came to be...

Play Video >>

Old 12 December 2006   #33
Wow! Fantastic seqeunce. And great choice of angle. Very dynamic. This is going to look very exciting fully textured, lighted, etc. Keep it up!

My Website :: My Sketchbook Thread :: EON Trailer Challenge

Old 12 December 2006   #34
Edited storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Oceanic Resort Center

This is short animatic test sequence overview along the middle pylon of the ORC. The scale is not yet very visible but you could get some feel to it by focusing into the OTV-type hangars with the runway outlet in the mid-section.

Play Video >>

Old 12 December 2006   #35
Smile

Thanx, fifty3dragons!

I try to keep it going. Things have been little tricky since I've not yet planned any of the sounds or the music at all and the animatics have eaten up all of my time.
However, next week I'll be talking to some musical instances to help me along.
How did the saying go again? "Time is of the essence" ...or something like that

Old 12 December 2006   #36
Edited storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Patricia reading books in her quarters

This animatic sequence is the intro for Patricia and some gathered material from and about the Stone.
Even tho the scene will not be very long all together, it'll still be full of functioning screens and digital items.
This camera-drive is planned to portray as much of the technology products for personal use as possible of this particular era.
The scene may later on contain more shots from different angle,
but for now this is what I gotta live with.

Play Video >>

Old 12 December 2006   #37
I like the realistic feel of your animatics- looks like you'll make a nice trailer even though you entered late. That under water pan is cool, it will be nice to see the camera move out into the air.

Old 12 December 2006   #38
Really lovely concepts and animation. You must hurry up, there is not much time left, so i think you have all the abilities to make an interesting trailer. Keep on.

Good luck.

Old 12 December 2006   #39
I thought both animatics came out great. Nice movement in both, and the room has a lot of detail in it even at this early stage. Looks like it's really coming along. Keep it coming. One month left!!!

My Website :: My Sketchbook Thread :: EON Trailer Challenge

Old 12 December 2006   #40
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Oceanic Research Center @ shore and underwater

Software: 3ds max,Photoshop

This is a WIP model-sheat of the ORC tower located near shoreline, partially underwater. Patricia is doing here most of her research concearning the Stones origin and meaning.
This should be the final model-work for the ground and the height-maps.
The texturing will come next with all its neat trickyness.

Old 12 December 2006   #41
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Alien's portal-replica site @ mountain crater

This is a WIP model-sheat of the crater on a mountainrange where aliens have built their version of the original portal.

Old 12 December 2006   #42
Edited storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Alien's portal-replica approach - animatic

The OTV approaching down on the portal's landing platform.
Scene still needs its hero-model of the OTV with some timing and compositing.
The sketch is quite different from the actual modeling and final scene, due to the fact that, I had planned a little sight-seeing trail along rocky edges of the crater for Patricia and her crew. Again time was against me on that one...

Play Video >>

Old 12 December 2006   #43
Initial SFX and Music: A pre-edited soundtrack for this trailer...

Software: After Effects

It's amazing what 5 hours and talented musical artists can come up with...
I acted merely as a producer/bystander with this musical piece by Shigeki Tamura (aka Kamikaze) and Jay Stern (on rythm guitar).

Jay was also kind enough to lend me his voice for the narrator on this trailer. I'll releace that one with the pre-cut animatics (it'll make more sence that way).

If time isn't against us I guess we'll be doing sound fx's also with this group of talents later on.

Software Applications used:
LogicPro7.2, Waves, Reason, Recycle +
Various acustic/electric/virtual instruments

Play Video >>

Old 12 December 2006   #44
userBrian: Thanx, man! I'd like to see that underwater pan too... dunno how I'll be doing that part yet.

targus: Thanx dude! I also thought these things came out ok, but dunno about the abilities... I rather just stumbling upon these cool tutorials on howto make a thing or two.
I'm still kinda learning as I go along.

fifty3dragons: Thanx! At that point only camera movement on both animatics was something I relyed on. I still think there's too little stuff on her room, there really should be more at this stage but I just can't think of anything.
One month then, few weeks now...

Old 12 December 2006   #45
Yeah I saw an underwater pan by a friend at the Video Coalition and that was very cool with the underwater lights from windows and such and the camera moves, up to the godrays into the water...So you see I think yours is a cool entry, as I see you are a conceptual artist and that is sorta what I am too. So I really dig your efforts. Personally, I think a sci-fi conceptual artist type should direct the movie, and write the script or the story is lost and the movie is ruined. You have a natural inclination for science fiction, I think, and that is very necessary for the authentic feel of the movie. To keep the pace. Hmm...how can I check out more of your work?

Last edited by userBrian : 12 December 2006 at 02:27 AM.

Thread Closed share thread