Eon (Trailer) Entry: Cofi Hudson

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2006   #16
Thankyou!

My humble thanks to you, Hideyoshi!

I really value your given attention for my work *bows*!
I hope the time allows me to keep this up, so that the level of interrest won't drop too suddenly

BTW... I just love your work, they all are beautyfull.

Old 11 November 2006   #17
looks realy good so far, hopefuly it will stay like that to the end. Nice models, clean storyboard, nice idea. Im looking forward to see animation. keep working.

Old 11 November 2006   #18
Like the way that OTV model is light grey like a real plastic model. Makes me want to buy the kit and assemble it too! Really wanna see your texturing! Keep reinforcing commander!

Old 11 November 2006   #19
Some really nice work here so far. Looks like you're off to a great start. Some very nice modelling (both ship and human), and I like the 3D storyboards. Good job!

My Website :: My Sketchbook Thread :: EON Trailer Challenge

Old 11 November 2006   #20
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Patricia's Quarters concept

This is a rough colored idea view of the living-quarters where Patricia is reading some "collected" books from "the" library.

I'll fill in more of the details in the upcoming storyboard update.

Old 11 November 2006   #21
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Patricia's Quarters - model

Here's the model of the quarters so far.
The animatics camera seems to turn nicely in between the removable wall-panels.

Old 11 November 2006   #22
Smile

matthewpl, userBrian, fifty3dragons, thanx, guys!

It feels kinda nice to get some booster comments from totally different group than you are used to. I really appreciate it.

Old 11 November 2006   #23
The room looks very nice (although i have thought of it quite differently)... Your modelling work is simply great...

My online portfolio

Old 11 November 2006   #24
Wink

Thanx, for the pros and the crits, icedeyes!

I did mentioned before that I'd be doing some alterations to increase the creative momentum around the actual story, so you can expect to see more twists and turns poping up.
However, I still respect the original story - this is mere addition to it.

Old 11 November 2006   #25
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Trailer script

I though to release this script for comments before I finalize the story boards and get the timing done.
This holds the trailers story in a nutshell without getting into too deep and distracting details.
Tho, will seem a bit different once seen on screen with animatics.

Old 12 December 2006   #26
Exclamation

That 'script' is old news as of today!

I revised the whole trailer story... added few parts... modified other...
You really see the whole thing coming together only once you get the rough animatics.
The storyboard only gives you some clues on what the complete thing should look like.
...well, back to work. Hope to update soon enough.

Old 12 December 2006   #27
Very polish modeling! i like all of your stuff! and..KEEP IT UP...im curious to see more!

B-movie

Old 12 December 2006   #28
Edited storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Finalized Script of the trailer

Here is the version 2 of the pre-launched script.
This one suited much better with the storyboard and the overall feel of the trailer.
I tried to add more depth to the story by enhancing some points more than the obvious ones.
(Background story will follow)

Old 12 December 2006   #29
Lightbulb The trailer backround story (FYI)

I doubt that the script will change anymore, due to the time limitation
(I gotta hang on to something), but just incase I do run out of time,
I decided to post the trailers idea on writing. (hope it's allowed)

So here goes:

I didn't give the trailer any specific point in time but rather let it hang in the air
placing the events into the one possible future.

The story takes place right after the "Little-Death", where people are forced to
gathere in large groups near the water to rely on the knowledge of it and to get
some shelter from the radioactive fallout. The atmosphere is just settling down
and getting frienlier again.

The trailer begins from the point, where the Stone has already been around for a while.
The humans have been browseing around the technology and information of the Stone, without any luck of finding any clear knowledge about the imminent world disaster.

The twist in this story is the facing threat which is beeing delayed by something or some one via the Stone.
The Stone is set to fall on a collision course towards the moon and once it hits the moon it will jump back in time enough to create a "groundhog-day-event" - the last cycle of the Stone's orbital trajectory will be repeated over and over again - untill someone cuts the cycle by compleeting all necessary tasks.

Clues how to complishe the tasks have been brought back already from the Stone,
yet no one seems to realize this fact.
At this time Patricia won't yet be setting her feet upon the Stone, but rather following all the leads and mysteries brought back from the Stone.
By the time this last loop occures, she will be the only one who has gained enough
understanding about all of the events which are about to take place and realizing now also the fact about the 'deja-vu'.

The trailer's story follows Patricia over the last cycle as the puzzle's pieces starts to fit together and all that is left for her is the action itself and the race against time, before the loop resets itself again - which it cannot do for long.

(Everytime the cycle resets something little has been changed by some individual and it influences the event slitely on every round leading eventually to the forementioned imminent disaster - the collision of the Stone is only a trigger for the asteroids self-defence mechanism.)

However, Patricia wont be all alone on this daunting task. She will experience an other-worldly intervention as one race has decided to lend a hand. This, however, is not done without their own agendas - unrevealed by the trailer ofcource.
This friendly race appears to Patricias aid just as all of hope seems to have vanished and
they will show her how to beat the time-distortion by the use of a replica of the portal,
which has been built by this 'kind' race inside of an time-bubble to a remote
mountine-top location on earth.

How all the puzzle pieces fit and how exactly the intervention helps Patricia wont be revealled by the trailer. Also the trailer will not show the re-discovery of the Stone and what has become of it and what will happen after.
Those events and 'a-bit-more' is left for the movie(s) itself(them selves) - should it(they) ever come to pass.

---

Old 12 December 2006   #30
Wow! You've obviously put a great deal of thought into this. I see you're going you're own way a bit with the story, but that makes it unique and you seem to have a very clear vision for what you want to achieve here.

For what it's worth, a few things I noticed in the script:

"... the echoes from the dark future is haunting ..." **This should probably either be "the echoes ... are haunting" or "the echo ... is haunting." And I wasn't clear on how this line fit together with the first word "Time." Is it meant to be something like "Time ... it's echo from the dark future is haunting" or something similar? it isn't quite clear to me.

"Future ... cannot be change" ** Should probably read: "The future ... cannot be changed." i.e. it requires the definite article in front of "future" in that context (whereas, interestingly enough, "Time" in the previous line does not).

"... the mankind must correct its present - for the future." ** Should probably just read "... mankind must correct ..." In this instance, no defintie article is needed. And if you want to be totally politically correct, it might be good to go with "humankind" instead of "mankind." Also, just for the sake of the overall rhythm, it might be an idea to either have "its present ... its future" or "the present ... the future" i.e. make them both the same. Just a thought.

"... sometimes the help arrives in the least expected form ..." ** Again, the definite article can go and just read "... sometimes help arrives ..."

"... before the time runs out ..." ** Just read "... before time runs out ..."

But really an outstanding effort overall. I look forward to seeing you put this one together. Hope my comments are of some help. By all means, ignore them if they aren't.

My Website :: My Sketchbook Thread :: EON Trailer Challenge

Thread Closed share thread