CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > Eon (Trailer)
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 11-07-2006, 02:13 PM   #31
OZ
2d,3d,all is good 4 me!

portfolio
Fabio Oscar Corica
2d 3d modeler and animator
Florence, Italy

I really like everything. Just a bit in doubt about the multiple vision of stone all around the world.

B-movie

Old 11-08-2006, 07:37 AM   #32
Morano
wet paint

portfolio
Tomasz Jedruszek
freelance artist
Bochnia, Poland

Initial SFX and Music: initial SFX test

Software: After Effects

hello again

here it is my (known version) trailer with sfx and ambience sound track. Just to see how it works. Defenetly need to cut this "postcards" sequence to shorter or even nothing. The same thing about "tree" sequence -it is too long compareing to "main" sequesce which durration now is less than 1/3 of the entire trailer. must work on it. meanwhile im thinking about 2D and 3D sections of this challenge , concepts

Play Video >>

Old 11-08-2006, 08:53 AM   #33
userBrian
Storytelling art

portfolio
Brian Linwell
caricatures,portraits
San Francisco, USA

Thumbs up

You reminded me of that telescoping lens effect when an object is close to the horrizon, I think it can make a ship appear closer or you can see it behind the horizon- I'm not shure, but it is interesting. The atmosphere being curved causes that lens effect...hmm...wonder if there could be a weird atmospheric lens effect in the curved atmospheres of the chambers...I need a ticket to the potato to see, :P

Nice trailer- definitely has a mood. Great portfolio- Just saw all of it.

Nice realistic war documentary feel to the trailer.

Old 11-08-2006, 05:18 PM   #34
fifty3dragons
Know-it-All

portfolio
Wade White
Animator
Port Williams, Canada

Send a message via AIM to fifty3dragons
Nicely done on the animatic. I really liked the audio approach you took. Very understated yet powerful. And it is unique in that respect from the other examples that have been posted. Great work.

My only question is whether there's is a sufficient bridge between the war imagery in the first half and the asteroid in space in the second half? From the perspective of a viewer of the trailer, how do the two connect together? Because to a small degree I think it comes across as two different story lines as it now stands. One possibility might be to have some indications of the war continue throughout those shots of the Stone over various cities. Then the two themes--war and the arrival of the Stone--would be visually integrated. Anyway, just a thought.

But again, a really good overall feel to this. I'm looking forward to seeing you bring this one to life.

My Website :: My Sketchbook Thread :: EON Trailer Challenge

Old 11-08-2006, 06:55 PM   #35
Morano
wet paint

portfolio
Tomasz Jedruszek
freelance artist
Bochnia, Poland

fifty: Yes those two elements of my trailer suppose to be connected in one, but still two things are not yed added : music and Magda's voice(which is not yet recorded) saying

"living these days we think only a miracle from heaven may save us" - while "war" section playing

and then fade in black and voice continue:

"well maybe we ain't that wrong after all " then we see a Stone arrives our orbit as a sign of New Hope..

How's that? I hope it will work this way ,but we can see that when i edit this sequence with new recored sfx and music

Old 11-08-2006, 07:36 PM   #36
fifty3dragons
Know-it-All

portfolio
Wade White
Animator
Port Williams, Canada

Send a message via AIM to fifty3dragons
Actually, yeah, I think that bit of dialogue about a "miracle from heaven" makes a big difference in terms of tying the two halves together. That should do it. I look forward to seeing it with the music, etc.

My Website :: My Sketchbook Thread :: EON Trailer Challenge

Old 01-23-2007, 06:21 PM   #37
Morano
wet paint

portfolio
Tomasz Jedruszek
freelance artist
Bochnia, Poland

Colored Story Boards or edited footage/renders: back on the track

Software: 3ds max

this deadline extension is really gift from heaven. I didn't post lately on EON challenge because I was very busy with ym work . It doesn't mean I gave up on this challenge.

this video is a very first scene in my trailer , I was try to get very totalitarizm-despotizm feeling on that as a illustration of insane politicy leading to global war.

Play Video >>

Old 01-23-2007, 06:30 PM   #38
Morano
wet paint

portfolio
Tomasz Jedruszek
freelance artist
Bochnia, Poland

Color timed and finished storyboards/footage/renders: another rendering process

scene where the stone can be seen for the first time -as i mentioned before ,my intention was to make this stone almost inteligent look and behavior. So the stone comes out the fog just like a shark prepareing to attack .
well my animations skills are still very very low so it look maybe funny and not quite as I planed ,especially this "clouds" in foreground.

Play Video >>

Old 01-23-2007, 06:36 PM   #39
Morano
wet paint

portfolio
Tomasz Jedruszek
freelance artist
Bochnia, Poland

Color timed and finished storyboards/footage/renders: another rendering process

a probe aprocheing to the stone . An interesting effect ,not planed but I like it very much -just add some motion blur and camera shake -and you get these strange surface disturbing of the stone. Really psyhodelic

Play Video >>

Old 01-23-2007, 06:47 PM   #40
Morano
wet paint

portfolio
Tomasz Jedruszek
freelance artist
Bochnia, Poland

Colored Story Boards or edited footage/renders: 2d animation

Software: Photoshop

now ,something interesting. Getting thru all this project I struggle with lot of limitations. So many times I had to take another route to get effect closest to my idea. This is an example, a very difficult scene -difficult to be done in max for me -but easy if I used photoshop- so I decided to use a tool which alove to save some time to me- all i had to do was to animate it in very simple way ( moveing layers to immitate movement). I know it looks terrible, but it is not last point whre I had to surrender and choose faster method than more exciteing.

Play Video >>

Old 01-23-2007, 07:05 PM   #41
Morano
wet paint

portfolio
Tomasz Jedruszek
freelance artist
Bochnia, Poland

Initial SFX and Music: testing SFX

now, almost complete score for this trailer .with Magda's voice and couple other inventions -i think it will remain this state in 98% to the final cut.

Play Video >>

Old 01-23-2007, 07:15 PM   #42
Morano
wet paint

portfolio
Tomasz Jedruszek
freelance artist
Bochnia, Poland

Initial SFX and Music: soundtrack

I asked my friend (which has his own prog-metal band) to record a short ,90 s score line to my trailer . Well ,guys are very busy so they just send me random idea -in their oppnion - but for me it works excellent with my trailer ,I couldn't even imagine better soundtrack -as a matter of fact this great piece of music did salvage my work to went on ruin. music holds all parts of my movie in one piece and i can't wait to post final cut with video to show you how good work they did.

Play Video >>

Old 01-23-2007, 07:44 PM   #43
Morano
wet paint

portfolio
Tomasz Jedruszek
freelance artist
Bochnia, Poland

Foley pass and final audio edit: final audiedit with low-res video

Software: Animation Master

ok ,so this is almost complete. Im not complaing on the audio - if's far better then i expected. as for visual s, well I know it could be done better . Hope the story is interesting enough to cover my lack of skills in animatics. Im sure my next movie will be better, i learned some interesting experiences while working on this one.

Play Video >>

Old 01-23-2007, 10:50 PM   #44
Morano
wet paint

portfolio
Tomasz Jedruszek
freelance artist
Bochnia, Poland

Scratch Voice track and/or initial footage: Scratch Voice track

Software: Animation Master

I belive I 've already posted this mile stone but with wrong title, so I have to do now a little step backwards to complete the list. Since I already posted final (or almost final) SFX and music cut, I though this time it might be something which would never apears in final trailer -so let me introduce Magda's "behind the scene" voice scratch track.

Play Video >>

Old 01-24-2007, 02:00 AM   #45
mmoir
ya win some ya lose some
portfolio
Mike Moir
Ontario, Canada

Hey Tomasz,

I just watched your last posted video , cool stuff . A lot of work was put into this and it shows. You did mix real video footage in here ,if you didn't the Patricia character is excellent.
Great job and good luck.

Thread Closed share thread